Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Ok so my aim was to get 30 Km/l but I did a few mistakes which I am sure I can fix in my next trip.

Here is a link to the last 'record' made by Honda Malaysia: Honda City i-DSI gets 26.2km per liter in fuel economy challenge

Anyway, so I was at 26.0 km/l when I was coming out of the Islamabad-interchange:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019031

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019032

By the time I reached home (from Islamabad interchange to Gulzar-e-Quaid) the average increased by 0.2 kpl. The final kilometers per liter I got when I was standing in front of my house was 26.2 Km/l:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019033

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019034

Total trip (from Peshawar to Islamabad) till my house cost me:

Code:
    183km/26.2 = 6.98 Liters
    6.98 liters x Rs. 68.02 = Rs. 475
    This was not high octane. It was normal fuel. Speed was around 80 Km/h. There was only me in the car (single person load) with absolutely no air conditioning. I started driving near Maghrib so AC wasn't needed.

For the record: If anyone who finds it difficult to believe, feel free to visit me. I am near Gulzar-e-Quaid and the car is still showing this reading.

Thanks!

For those who are going blab about electronic mileage calculators being not accurate:
    (why does my comment keep loosing text formatting?)

We're all only comparing "the average displayed in the trip calculator.."

And please, I am not claiming that I have 'officially broken the world record.' Please, take it easy! There's nothing to be worried about here. You can do this too!

Now, for the love of God, please read this carefully because your not-so-valuable-comments about electronic mileage calculators is not required in this thread:

The needle that shows how much fuel is remaining in the car 'does not' check the amount of fuel left in the tank all the time. It checks it only on refills. It only brings the needle down by seeing how much 'average' someone is making. Not by checking the fuel tank again and again. << = This is a very important line. Please read this aloud 5 times if you're missing it.

This means its much more accurate than our assumptions.

If you put CNG in Honda City and drive the car on CNG, the fuel needle still falls down normally (but goes back up after you've turned off the car and a there is a huge difference in the remaining fuel and the needle's position).

If people at Honda have considered this to be so much trust worthy, I don't see why we cannot do the same. They are showing the remaining fuel to the diver. That's a very critical thing to play with.

Another simple fact of the matter is, I am talking about "the average displayed in the car" (if its considered to be inaccurate, Honda is to be blamed, not the driver).

Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vcheng
    if ONLY i had a mercedes gullwing to drive in front my car..
    id be saving enourmous amounts of money !!

3. 27-07-2010, 09:00 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    inappropriate post - self censureship

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if only they had working brake lights and turn signals..and i would

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    Just an FYI for comparison and polite discussion, the OP is claiming 26.3 km/l, which is approximately 62.2 mpg (US), and the most fuel efficient car ever sold by Honda, the Insight Hybrid had fuel consumption figures as follows:

excerpt from: Honda Insight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FIRST GENERATION:

The car remained the most fuel efficient machine available in the U.S. while it was produced and is still the leader of any current mass market car. The Insight earned an EPA fuel efficiency estimate of 70 miles per US gallon (3.4 L/100 km; 84 mpg-imp) in highway driving, 61 mpg-US (3.9 L/100 km; 73 mpg-imp) city. With air conditioning it was 66 mpg-US (3.6 L/100 km; 79 mpg-imp)/60 mpg-US (3.9 L/100 km; 72 mpg-imp). With a CVT it was 57 mpg-US (4.1 L/100 km; 68 mpg-imp)/56 mpg-US (4.2 L/100 km; 67 mpg-imp). Insight aficionados who are "hypermilers" compete to eke out as many miles as possible from a tank.

Upon the Insight's release, Honda challenged several automotive magazines to a competition to see who could obtain the best fuel efficiency on the 195-mile (314 km) drive from Columbus, Ohio to Detroit. The contest was won by Car and Driver magazine, which rigged a box behind a Ford Excursion, and had the Insight drive within the confines of the box. With much less wind resistance, the Insight made the trip with a fuel consumption of 121.7 miles per US gallon (1.933 L/100 km; 146.2 mpg-imp), while averaging 58 miles per hour (93 km/h). A two-year test of an Insight with air conditioning, driven 40,000 miles (64,000 km), averaged 48 miles per US gallon (4.9 L/100 km; 58 mpg-imp).

SECOND GENERATION:

Estimated fuel efficiency according to the U.S. EPA testing methodology : City 40 mpg-US (5.9 L/100 km; 48 mpg-imp), Highway 43 mpg-US (5.5 L/100 km; 52 mpg-imp), Combined 41 mpg-US (5.7 L/100 km; 49 mpg-imp).

Honda UK state that the official UK fuel efficiency data for the Insight SE is: Urban 61.4 mpg-imp (4.60 L/100 km; 51.1 mpg-US), Extra urban 67.3 mpg-imp (4.20 L/100 km; 56.0 mpg-US), Combined 64.2 mpg-imp (4.40 L/100 km; 53.5 mpg-US) and the CO2 emissions rating is: 101 g/km, putting it in the second lowest UK road tax band.
    //MOD EDIT://Un-necessary rude comment removed. Any more and infractions will be issued.//

My Edit:
    This was not rude, no where close to this:
    Originally Posted by VCheng 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! - viewpost
    You are absolutely wrong and mistaken.

Just read your own title:

26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

You are quoting a fuel consumption, but it isn't!

You are claiming an official record, but it isn't!

You are claiming a new world record, but it isn't!

That makes you either a fool or a liar, or both.
    That's rude. And that's offensive. And I feel offended by this rude and arrogant comment which should actually lead issuance of infractions on the posters part.

Saying that you should not insert your finger in a place where it doesn't fit is not a direct comment on any one. Its a general statement and is in no way rude. But this above quoted is a "DIRECT" comment on a person he is quoting. Its like saying "YOU ARE EITHER A FOOL OR LIER OR BOTH" is whats called a rude comment.

Don't you think?

First of all the claim of Insight being the 'most fuel efficient car ever' should be verified from FuelEconomy.gov (which is an official website run by the government): Most and Least Fuel Efficient Cars

Insight does not exist in this list. They do have Civic Hybrid, but not insight. And this page talks about cars from 2010.

If you go to the first page of the Hypermiling thread, and watch the very first video that I posted there (you should have seen it because you were suppose to confirm if its contents were acceptable) it says at 0:13, and I quote:

You know driving a hybrid is one thing, but driving it or any other car special way could get you even more mileage than advertised.
    Next, Dan Bryant (in the same video) says at 0:37:

What hypermiler is basically someone who can beat the EPA. So go out to fueleconomy.gov and you look up your car's EPA and if you can beat it, then you're a hypermiler.
    The narrator talking about Wayne Gardes (in the second CNN video I posted) says:

Wayne gets 50 mpg out of is plane old accord, twice.. of what Honda promises.
    Next, visit Wayne's website: CleanMPG, - Garage An authoritative source on fuel economy and hypermiling

Every member maintains a record of their best mileages there. This is the record of one member. They easily can get above 100 miles per gallon.

And this is not just the above link. I've seen literally dozens of threads of people posting snaps of 110, 120 and even 130 mpg averages. What's the big deal if someone can get 62 from a 1.3L car by driving maturely and not like morons?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by matrix View Post
    Kudos to Bilal for creating awarenes of this new trend that is growing in US and UK since the last 3 years. While not being patient enough to keep a light foot on the pedal at all times, I manage to shift at around 2500 rpm and keep brake use to a minimum possible while keeping an eye out for likely obstructions ahead. Although I have never calculated the fuel average using the km driven divided by fuel consumed formula after fill ups, I'm still satisfied that I get a reasonable average from my City iDsi 2006. I always feel surprised when i see drivers in front of me hitting the brakes incessantly even though there is no obvious obstruction in front of them, since not only are they wasting fuel by just accelerating and breaking but also creating doubt in the minds of drivers behind them. Good and safe driving habits should be encouraged, and if you can save money while doing it, then why not. As for the debate about fuel average accuracy of built-in meters, as I haven't used any I can't comment on them.
    I hope it works out for you!

Thanks!

7. 28-07-2010, 12:02 AM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    inappropriate post - self censureship

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng
    You are quoting a fuel consumption, but it isn't!

You are claiming an official record, but it isn't!

You are claiming a new world record, but it isn't!

That makes you either a fool or a liar, or both.
    I was abused as a child and the way I cope is to because of the dark past.. please be more understanding.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    I was abused as a child and the way I cope is to because of the dark past.. please be more understanding.

I am sorry for being rude and blunt. I will be more understanding in the future.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    I am sorry for being rude and blunt. I will be more understanding in the future.
    Just kidding, dude.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

pour in some acetone next time
    www.TheTweakShop.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moak89 View Post
    pour in some acetone next time
    I think its good enough. I'm even happy at getting 22 or even 21 kpl on long drives.

22 Kilometers/Liter is like getting about 162 Kilometers/Cylinder on CNG. Which is just about perfect.

And with the latest prices at 67/L Petrol and 57/KG CNG, its about getting 170 (almost) per CNG Cylinder.

Way more than I need. I just don't want to feel the need of putting CNG Kit. Which I don't.

In local I get about 18 KPL (last time I got 18.2). 18.2 is like getting 136 per cylinder. Which is also quite similar to what most folks are getting.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

O C'mon guys whats wrong in driving this way ? I often try to save fuel on my vitz because i know my car is not on CNG but that does not mean that i shd sell my vitz and get a mehran on CNG !

If we have doubts we can ask him to be little more practical.
    Honda Civic 99 EK Hatch / Honda Integra 92 DA Coupe
    RIP Adil( @AridSoul)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HAshims View Post
    O C'mon guys whats wrong in driving this way ? I often try to save fuel on my vitz because i know my car is not on CNG but that does not mean that i shd sell my vitz and get a mehran on CNG !

If we have doubts we can ask him to be little more practical.
    What's the average you're getting in your car broh?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What's the average you're getting in your car broh?
    14-16km with AC in city(15" rims)... nvr checked it on m2
    but if i drive above 4k Rpm then its arnd 10-12km
    RIP Adil( @AridSoul)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HAshims View Post
    14-16km with AC in city(15" rims)... nvr checked it on m2
    but if i drive above 4k Rpm then its arnd 10-12km
    16 is very good. 16 is similar to getting 120 KM/Cylinder in CNG which is just about normal in local.

People even get 110 or 100 on CNG so we're doing better than them on petrol!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

16 is very good. 16 is similar to getting 120 KM/Cylinder in CNG which is just about normal in local.

People even get 110 or 100 on CNG so we're doing better than them on petrol!
    exactly i used to get max 85km on my 88 Accord in Rs.450(Cng)6 months bck.. and now CNG is expensive too .. now i get around 100-120km in 500Rs on vitz..

But if i got Suzuki then i will defiantly go for CNG
    RIP Adil( @AridSoul)

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its really difficult to believe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think its good enough. I'm even happy at getting 22 or even 21 kpl on long drives.

22 Kilometers/Liter is like getting about 162 Kilometers/Cylinder on CNG. Which is just about perfect.

And with the latest prices at 67/L Petrol and 57/KG CNG, its about getting 170 (almost) per CNG Cylinder.

Way more than I need. I just don't want to feel the need of putting CNG Kit. Which I don't.

In local I get about 18 KPL (last time I got 18.2). 18.2 is like getting 136 per cylinder. Which is also quite similar to what most folks are getting.
    How are you doing this comparison between CNG & Gasoline?
    CNG Cylinder is not a constant, its variable like 50L, 55L, 60L etc

please elaborate??????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

these figures r always inacurate,my exp was on new rolla,calculate urself!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i was not talkin about cng. i said acetone.
    check this out...might help u get even better mileage.
    www.TheTweakShop.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by armughan87 View Post
    its really difficult to believe
    Yea, but its not that difficult to achieve.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    How are you doing this comparison between CNG & Gasoline?
    CNG Cylinder is not a constant, its variable like 50L, 55L, 60L etc

please elaborate??????
    We are comparing 500 rupees of CNG with 500 Rupees of Petrol. So if someone can drive 150 kilometers in 500 rupees of Petrol, its the same as doing it on CNG.

That's how it can be compared.

If there is a difference in the size of the cylinder, it can still be calibrated. If a car has 40KG Cylinder (its not "L" by the way its "KG") than it probably gets 6 KGs of CNG in it, which is almost 350 Rupees of CNG. You calculate its per kg average and find out the average it will get for 500 Rupees of CNG and compare it with Petrol.

I wrote a small program that makes all these calculations alot easier: http://www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/lab/gas/

I hope it makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

User Tag List