Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Ok so my aim was to get 30 Km/l but I did a few mistakes which I am sure I can fix in my next trip.

Here is a link to the last 'record' made by Honda Malaysia: Honda City i-DSI gets 26.2km per liter in fuel economy challenge

Anyway, so I was at 26.0 km/l when I was coming out of the Islamabad-interchange:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019031

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019032

By the time I reached home (from Islamabad interchange to Gulzar-e-Quaid) the average increased by 0.2 kpl. The final kilometers per liter I got when I was standing in front of my house was 26.2 Km/l:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019033

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019034

Total trip (from Peshawar to Islamabad) till my house cost me:

Code:
    183km/26.2 = 6.98 Liters
    6.98 liters x Rs. 68.02 = Rs. 475
    This was not high octane. It was normal fuel. Speed was around 80 Km/h. There was only me in the car (single person load) with absolutely no air conditioning. I started driving near Maghrib so AC wasn't needed.

For the record: If anyone who finds it difficult to believe, feel free to visit me. I am near Gulzar-e-Quaid and the car is still showing this reading.

Thanks!

For those who are going blab about electronic mileage calculators being not accurate:
    (why does my comment keep loosing text formatting?)

We're all only comparing "the average displayed in the trip calculator.."

And please, I am not claiming that I have 'officially broken the world record.' Please, take it easy! There's nothing to be worried about here. You can do this too!

Now, for the love of God, please read this carefully because your not-so-valuable-comments about electronic mileage calculators is not required in this thread:

The needle that shows how much fuel is remaining in the car 'does not' check the amount of fuel left in the tank all the time. It checks it only on refills. It only brings the needle down by seeing how much 'average' someone is making. Not by checking the fuel tank again and again. << = This is a very important line. Please read this aloud 5 times if you're missing it.

This means its much more accurate than our assumptions.

If you put CNG in Honda City and drive the car on CNG, the fuel needle still falls down normally (but goes back up after you've turned off the car and a there is a huge difference in the remaining fuel and the needle's position).

If people at Honda have considered this to be so much trust worthy, I don't see why we cannot do the same. They are showing the remaining fuel to the diver. That's a very critical thing to play with.

Another simple fact of the matter is, I am talking about "the average displayed in the car" (if its considered to be inaccurate, Honda is to be blamed, not the driver).

Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bango View Post
    From the above link..

"However, the change is very small at most temperatures, and so to a very close approximation, the weight of 1 liter of water is 1 kg at most temperatures. "
    Yep, of course. The change surely is negligible. I just made the post for the record. So that all the readers can get some pin pointed wisdom from this thread
    Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

y is the video removed by the user?
    mAin tE h0nDa hE lAisAn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont want to comment on the average u got just want to ask a diff query.

How on earth u can help urself not crossing 80k/hr on motorway? how?
    I simply cant

btw congratz on ur achievement
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post

How on earth u can help urself not crossing 80km/hr on motorway? how?
    I simply cant
    I think he is having some other fun while driving at 80km/h ..like listning loads of good songs....
    Umer Siddiqui ... Inline Six .... ** 2JZ-GE **

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, this model of Honda City can attain this average.
    I have three Honda City's belonging to members of my Family. Two are 2009 and one is 2010 model.
    On Motorway, they attain average of 18-20 kms per litre, if driven at a speed of 120 km/h. At around 80 km/h this average of 26.2 km/l is possible.
    I drove three to four times from Lahore to Rawalpindi on this car, with four people on board and it gave me average of around 19-22 km/l driving on GT Road at a speed of 100 km/h. This mileage is based on my personal calculations (based on number of kilometers driven and the fuel that it used) as well as Car's calculations, which are almost the same.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, this model of Honda City can attain this average.
    I have three Honda City's belonging to members of my Family. Two are 2009 and one is 2010 model.
    On Motorway, they attain average of 18-20 kms per litre, if driven at a speed of 120 km/h. At around 80 km/h this average of 26.2 km/l is possible.
    I drove three to four times from Lahore to Rawalpindi on this car, with four people on board and it gave me average of around 19-22 km/l driving on GT Road at a speed of 100 km/h. This mileage is based on my personal calculations (based on number of kilometers driven and the fuel that it used) as well as Car's calculations, which are almost the same.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice the basic is that if these things make you more satisfied with your choice then keep loving it, as in this World you cannot keep all persons happy. Good Fuel Average is dream of every person, thats why i stop thinking about it now i just refill and drive as i want.
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    I had put 1000 rupees of Fuel from Peshawar. A little more than half of it is still in the tank. It would be absurd to do such a thing. The device put in it from the factory was put because they wanted people to use it.

These electronic fuel consumption calculators are what everyone is using. If you search for scan guage, its something that is being sold widely for calculating fuel average by professional hypermilers (people who have been interviewed by CNN and other news channels, authentic people).

If we are getting the similar device in our car from the factory, its as reliable as scan gauge being used by thousands of people around the world.
    The guage you see in the car is a vaccum based guage which measures fuel flow derived from manifold air pressure, and it can be darn inaccurate especially when you are coasting, thus the cumulative average shown is always more than actual. The scan guage uses precise date from engine ECU and calculate milage based on amount of fuel injected that is more precise. These two types of gauges are entirely different

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro is using google maps accurate for calcualting mileage
    as my speedometer is not working, i cannot find out odo distance

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default I got 27KM/L with my Honda city IDSI 2006

I got 27KM/L from my honda city IDSI 2006. We were five persons in the car and we started our journey from Lahore (Thokar Niaz Baig) to Islamabad. We get the tank filled from Thokar. After traveling about 92 KM we reached at Sukheki and got the tank filled again. My City consumed Just 3.40 Liter Petrol. 92/3.40=27KM/L. It was a great average achieved by my city. It was without AC and speed was between 80-90.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mubaashar View Post
    I got 27KM/L from my honda city IDSI 2006. We were five persons in the car and we started our journey from Lahore (Thokar Niaz Baig) to Islamabad. We get the tank filled from Thokar. After traveling about 92 KM we reached at Sukheki and got the tank filled again. My City consumed Just 3.40 Liter Petrol. 92/3.40=27KM/L. It was a great average achieved by my city. It was without AC and speed was between 80-90.
    Wow good

Sent from my GT-I9105 using PW Forums mobile app
    >>>>>>Toyota Corolla GLI Ecotec- A power Machine<<<<<<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Ok so my aim was to get 30 Km/l but I did a few mistakes which I am sure I can fix in my next trip.

Here is a link to the last 'record' made by Honda Malaysia: Honda City i-DSI gets 26.2km per liter in fuel economy challenge

Anyway, so I was at 26.0 km/l when I was coming out of the Islamabad-interchange:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019031

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019032

By the time I reached home (from Islamabad interchange to Gulzar-e-Quaid) the average increased by 0.2 kpl. The final kilometers per liter I got when I was standing in front of my house was 26.2 Km/l:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019033

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019034

Total trip (from Peshawar to Islamabad) till my house cost me:

Code:
    183km/26.2 = 6.98 Liters
    6.98 liters x Rs. 68.02 = Rs. 475
    This was not high octane. It was normal fuel. Speed was around 80 Km/h. There was only me in the car (single person load) with absolutely no air conditioning. I started driving near Maghrib so AC wasn't needed.

For the record: If anyone who finds it difficult to believe, feel free to visit me. I am near Gulzar-e-Quaid and the car is still showing this reading.

Thanks!

For those who are going blab about electronic mileage calculators being not accurate:
    (why does my comment keep loosing text formatting?)

We're all only comparing "the average displayed in the trip calculator.."

And please, I am not claiming that I have 'officially broken the world record.' Please, take it easy! There's nothing to be worried about here. You can do this too!

Now, for the love of God, please read this carefully because your not-so-valuable-comments about electronic mileage calculators is not required in this thread:

The needle that shows how much fuel is remaining in the car 'does not' check the amount of fuel left in the tank all the time. It checks it only on refills. It only brings the needle down by seeing how much 'average' someone is making. Not by checking the fuel tank again and again. << = This is a very important line. Please read this aloud 5 times if you're missing it.

This means its much more accurate than our assumptions.

If you put CNG in Honda City and drive the car on CNG, the fuel needle still falls down normally (but goes back up after you've turned off the car and a there is a huge difference in the remaining fuel and the needle's position).

If people at Honda have considered this to be so much trust worthy, I don't see why we cannot do the same. They are showing the remaining fuel to the diver. That's a very critical thing to play with.

Another simple fact of the matter is, I am talking about "the average displayed in the car" (if its considered to be inaccurate, Honda is to be blamed, not the driver).
    What you achieved is truly amazing. Very impressive numbers!
    At the same time I'm wondering why people take someone's joy so negatively. You experienced something and you shared the experience with others. It is nothing offensive that should draw criticism and abuses.
    Please don't even reply to negative or instigating comments. I'm sure there are plenty of people silently admiring your achievement.

Sent from my SM-N900 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Khurram26 : A good comment indeed.
    @BilalYusrat:

“Surround yourself with a bunch of ,outstanding, idiots and you will have a lot of fun.”
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kuch kasar reh gai, chaloo may be next time when Shahbaz shareef put up people to enter in Gunneez Book, you can try Good luck
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

User Tag List