Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City Steermatic 2006 - Some Queries

Guys,

After a lot of searching, I have finally bought a Honda City Steermatic 2006. I was looking for a 2007 model but couldn't find a clean 2007 one as quickly as I would have liked. This one is black in color and has 55k on the odometer. A few modifications are there like fog lights, mirror indicator lamps and all.

I have a few questions.

The owner of the vehicle just changed the stock 185/55 R15s to 195/60 R15s. He did not change the rims. I was wondering what kinda effect this change might have on the drive. Please, can anybody tell me if these tires are fit to use on the Steermatic suspension?

Also, on D mode, when the car picks up, a little wobble can be felt when the car is doing between 20kmph and 30kmph. It goes away after that and there is no such feeling on higher speeds. Since the tires are relatively new, I am suspecting this has to do with the alignment and will get that checked in a couple of days, but is there a possibility that it could be because of something else?

Also, the brakes are making noises and are pretty loose and of course I miss ABS. Is this because of the pads or the discs needing replacement? How much will this approximately cost?

Please also help me regarding the maintenance. The previous owner claimed that he had done all maintenance with Honda and all oils (engine/transmission) have just been changed. But is this a good idea to go ahead and change all oils, do a complete service to be sure? Also, where can I find some good mechanic for the Steermatic and its Tiptronic transmission in Karachi apart from Honda (it's good to have options)?

I'll be posting pics of the ride in this thread soon.

Looking forward to your help, specially from Steermatic lovers like @accord7362 and @vazim.

Thanks,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

am not a pro but since i own a steermatic too maybe i can help u in this regard... first get ur plugs changed and throttle body cleaned.. second check the gear oil.. i wud suggest u change it anyway.. and make sure the oil used is for CVT Transmission.. there another check try checking out the RPM.. if it goes below the 800 mark or 0.8rpm on D with brakes pushed i would suggest a complete tuning with gear oil change! To all Steermatic or CVT engine user... GEAR OIL IS REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT!!! change it on every 35,000km cycle!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA. I was just looking through this forum and I didn't scroll down any further when I saw this question. The thing is that in "D" mode it have normal acceleration and in auto tranny cars, lower the gear, higher the power. So as "R" is already a lower gear it have better acceleration as compared to when it is in "D". If you put the car on "L" or even "S", you will feel the same acceleration/ pick performance. Hope that helps you. And it's perfectly normal.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Want to buy Steermatic 2006/7. Car must be on petrol from starting and max 50000 km mileage. And car must be in Almost Original Condition. If anyone want to sell his steermatic, then contact me at: 03312479197. Karachi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am using same profile on Steermatic rims on my City 2005 .... which I think got same suspension as steermatic !

So far no issues ,As well as the car drive is relatively more smooth and comfortable due to 60's height , But 195 will decrease the Fuel economy Plus Less top speeds than other same varient cars .... But I prefer road grip over top speed any day
    Detailing a day,Keeps the swirls away

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam o Alaikum

I want to buy 2006/7 Honda City Steermatic, if any one want to sell his Steermatic then contact me at: 03312479197. Car must be in Almost Original Condition and Max 50K Km done. I live in Karachi. I want Car urgently, so if anyone want to sell his Steermatic car then contact me as soon as possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List