Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City AT 2010 - R18 engine swap

Hi folks,

This one is for all those who own the new Honda City. As you might be knowing that in China, the City comes in a 1.8L variant with the R18 engine with 140 HP. Does anyone have information on whether this will be a simple bolt on mod or there will be some chassis modification required in the version we get here. Ideas and advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

P.S. Just out of curiosity, are any other 09/10 City A/T owners experiencing extremely sluggish performance from their cars because the manual version is quite responsive?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir why would anyone void the warranty and ruin a new 1.3M car.

Secondly, from where to get the R18.

Lastly, trust me nothing can beat a Ferio with D15B VTEC or B16, other then a Mazda RX8 or E30 if someone is willing to spend north of 1M Rs.
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    Sir why would anyone void the warranty and ruin a new 1.3M car.

Secondly, from where to get the R18.

Lastly, trust me nothing can beat a Ferio with D15B VTEC or B16, other then a Mazda RX8 or E30 if someone is willing to spend north of 1M Rs.
    hammad bhai ap sahi keh rahay hein but jin logon kay pass khula pesa hota hei they dont really think about such things kay nayi gari hei kharab ho jaye gi..im sure they have enuf money to buy a new car if they ruin one..and trust me Pakistan is full of such people.

a friend of mine blew up his r18 motor, he got one from quetta..not sure of the price maybe 1.6 ka liya usney wahan sey, ill confirm the price

sir R18 is no match for a d15b vtec 95..im sure wasay bhai can shed light on this
    b16 is a performance oriented engine..shouldnt be compared to an engine which is not meant to be on the race track.but in my opinion a r18 city would be a good match for a b16 ferio provided that it gets some good traction off the line

if i have a choice i would definitely settle for the rotor you mentioned above rather than a 1.8 city

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

city light body cant handle those stuff and its dynamics are not capable of highspeeds.Once i have taken it to 180 km/h it was bouncing very much
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    city light body cant handle those stuff and its dynamics are not capable of highspeeds.Once i have taken it to 180 km/h it was bouncing very much
    1) Only suspension needs replacement along with some engine bay modification for carrying the weight of 1.8L

2) City is NOT Corolla so it wont fly after 180.

3) Honda City in Chna is already equipped with R18A1. So no worries! The chassis is equally strong and competable!
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post

even a civic bounces at 180km/h as they are built as family sedans and for daily driving. They have soft suspension for comfort which obviously will make the car bouncy at high speeds.....but that does not mean that they are not capable of being driven at high speed nor does it mean they don't have the dynamics.

If you're keen on taking these cars everyday to 180km/h then all they need is a stiffer suspension setup and maybe a brake upgrade although the brakes in the new city/civic are very good.

If Honda China is making R18 Citys then i'm sure they have done there homework to make it safe and reliable.
    "It ain't a motor unless its a rotor"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Cheetah View Post
    hammad bhai ap sahi keh rahay hein but jin logon kay pass khula pesa hota hei they dont really think about such things kay nayi gari hei kharab ho jaye gi..im sure they have enuf money to buy a new car if they ruin one..and trust me Pakistan is full of such people.

a friend of mine blew up his r18 motor, he got one from quetta..not sure of the price maybe 1.6 ka liya usney wahan sey, ill confirm the price

sir R18 is no match for a d15b vtec 95..im sure wasay bhai can shed light on this
    b16 is a performance oriented engine..shouldnt be compared to an engine which is not meant to be on the race track.but in my opinion a r18 city would be a good match for a b16 ferio provided that it gets some good traction off the line

if i have a choice i would definitely settle for the rotor you mentioned above rather than a 1.8 city
    Bhai I have tried a 2005 VTI manual (abba ki gari) with Cold Air Intake and 4-2-1 header with iridium plugs on high octane (rear seats and extra tires removed).

The best I could get was within a 7 feet distance from the Ferio with D15B VTEC.

So according to my calculations the R18 cannot beat the B16, even if you can somehow put it in an EK6 Civic.

However it can beat the D15B VTEC.

B16 is surely a performance engine but it is pretty old now, 22 years if my memory is serving me right.

Also considering that in the other 2 continents, a VW 1.4L pumps 162HP and a GEMA outputs 148PS, even the Mazda MZR engine has a 150PS rating.

@mubeenshahid

The City is not for high speed cornering , one should consider a Mazda 2 or Mini Cooper, City is for efficient interior packaging, with a boot bigger then many C segement cars.
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

now i will upgrade my civics suspension and will modify it.Any other engine can be swapped in reborn or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by waitnbl33d View Post
    even a civic bounces at 180km/h as they are built as family sedans and for daily driving. They have soft suspension for comfort which obviously will make the car bouncy at high speeds.....but that does not mean that they are not capable of being driven at high speed nor does it mean they don't have the dynamics.

If you're keen on taking these cars everyday to 180km/h then all they need is a stiffer suspension setup and maybe a brake upgrade although the brakes in the new city/civic are very good.

If Honda China is making R18 Citys then i'm sure they have done there homework to make it safe and reliable.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

was it successful?
    any topic on pw here about it?
    Not sure how it went, though it was mentioned in @a1ms spotting thread.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go fr itt

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai I have tried a 2005 VTI manual (abba ki gari) with Cold Air Intake and 4-2-1 header with iridium plugs on high octane (rear seats and extra tires removed).

The best I could get was within a 7 feet distance from the Ferio with D15B VTEC.

So according to my calculations the R18 cannot beat the B16, even if you can somehow put it in an EK6 Civic.

However it can beat the D15B VTEC.

B16 is surely a performance engine but it is pretty old now, 22 years if my memory is serving me right.

Also considering that in the other 2 continents, a VW 1.4L pumps 162HP and a GEMA outputs 148PS, even the Mazda MZR engine has a 150PS rating.

@mubeenshahid

The City is not for high speed cornering , one should consider a Mazda 2 or Mini Cooper, City is for efficient interior packaging, with a boot bigger then many C segement cars.

well then something must be wrong with your car
    here is a friendly check between wasay bhai's civic d16w9 and wonder guy's civic d15b vtec
    wasay bhai was running performance plugs, and an intake..wonder guy was running with a little more, headers and exhaust and downpiping along with an intake

http://www.youtube.com/user/jz0300#p/a/u/2/p6duIdQmpyw

i didnt compare the R18 with a B series motor, i said R18 is no match for the D series
    and yes like you agree to what i said that r18 shouldnt be compared with a b motor due to the category of both the motors.
    but imo a r18 city would be a good match for the b16

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iLLDuDe786 View Post
    Not sure how it went, though it was mentioned in @a1ms spotting thread.

must be one lucky man if it was successful

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

must be one lucky man if it was successful
    i doubt it was, its seems like a very long, costly and difficult procedure, i am sure he probably just swappd the 1.3 innit
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sirs

I think the L13 is more then enough for developing countries, specially when petrol rates are so high and we have to install CNG.

Honda will also offer the L15 with 118PS in coming facelift after a few years.

The Euro Civic which is even much lighter then the City has a R18 already.

Even it has the 2.2 Diesel which has 140PS @4,000 RPM and 340NM of staggering torque at just 2,000 RPM paired with a silk smooth close ratio 6 speeder gearbox.

When I was a kid, in my neighborhood, I used to see a black 1985 JDM Accord with full digital LCD meter and a stock B20 under the hood and the owner said that it was capable of 0-60 in 7 S straight.

I looked for that Accord everywhere but never found it again.

6.5 S is the official 0-60 time of the last and best limited edition FD2 JDM Civic Type R with 240PS and 216NM with 6 speeder racing clutch K20 engine.

All rotarary engines like |RX7 series and RX8 enjoys the best chassis balance and creamy rev and response, also due to low centre of gravity a neutral throttle steering that cannot be compared by cars that commands a price in multiple of it, even like a C63 AMG.

hehe - B20 accord - that oldschool B20 torques like a freight train
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List