0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Savings by Honda Atlas in CITY 2010

I highlighted some minor but unwanted savings done by Honda Atlas Pakistan in CITY 2010. Specially High mount brake light and fog lamps
    Savings by Honda Atlas in CITY 2010 -169814 Savings by Honda Atlas in CITY 2010 -169815 Savings by Honda Atlas in CITY 2010 -169816

DO NOT POST ABUSIVE/OFFENSIVE COMMENTS!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    These savings i want to point in this crap altas city model.
    1;Interior quality is even worse then worst.look like suuzukis
    2:high mount stop lamp.
    3:fog lights no space also
    4:trunk lite
    5:to tone interior
    6:no speakers place at rear seats
    7;POOR alpine player which came in xli in 06
    8nly 2 speakres
    but on provides two things
    vtec and abs
    This is a perfect comment expected from a guy with very limited knowledge of cars n one whos fanboyism never lets him think of anything other then COWROLLA/CROWOLLA..

1) who told u that? LOOKS like suzuki doesnt mean it is actually that way. the quality is wayy better then my 06 city's interior.just because its black doesnt mean its bad quality.

2) yes thats missing, shud ve been provided but that doesnt cause any problem in driving/enjoying the car, does it? look at ur XLI, doesnt even has central locking and power windows ... hahahhaha...how lame...

3) There IS a space for fog lamps,dude. may be u never got a chance to sit in a new city or see one closely.check the inner side of the bumper, there are proper mounts to fit in and space where the bumper needs to be cut.

4) yeah trunk light is missing, thats not good.but the wiring is done, one needs to buy an LED light and fix it there.max 400rs job

5) Lol... pure desi mentality, two tone interior.so what dude? saw the new bmw x1? bmw 5 series? z4? corvette? lumina ss? and countless other cars. all have black interior with few panels either painted or with wood trim.many ppl willing choose black as interior, even when biege is available. thats like saying that my chocolate bar isnt tasty because its white... hahaha. get a life man!

6) as expected, u surely never sat in a new city.hey, i got a plan, go to some market, stand there, if anyone pulls over in a new city, watch closely when the rear door is opened, u ll see space for speakers...duh...

7) okay, poor alpine which came in xli in 06.right.agreed. what about the poor 2C engine which came in cowrolla in 1986? its still being used in 2.0D. what about sunroofs? civic has them since 2000, corolla came up with it in 2008. what about vtec, honda has em since 1996, corolla JUST came up with vvti.what about power windows? civic had em in 1994, corolla had them in end of 90s.what about independant suspension? civic has it since 1987, corolla still doesnt... hahahahah... what a joke na... u got ur justifications for these points?

8) how much speakers an xli has? 18, right?

dude, just LOOK at xli and then city and feel ashamed of what u are defending.city is about 1lakh cheaper then xli n still provides MORE then xli.n when i say MORE, i mean the REAL features,like ABS etc.not high mount stop lamp etc.while corolla is still struggling to keep their side view mirrors and door handles unpainted in xli... HAH!!! what a joke... dude, u made my day... thanx a lot...!!!
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^Well said. But too bad he banned himself after your comment.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

airomerix to the rescue of honda. if only everybody shared your opinion then city might have actually surpassed corolla in sales. but that didnt happen did it? i mean u can say all about the 'great honda' but majority is authority. Honda doesnt sell as much as corolla and that is a fact. yes i agree that honda is a great car, but corolla is a greater car (in the sense that it is more suited for our roads which is full of pot holes and need softer suspensions to have a smoother ride). and with all that 'extra features' like power windows that come with city, maybe they could have atleast provided rear disk brakes. now plz dont start saying how drum brakes are so much better than disk brakes coz they are not. before u start mumbling away i would like to tell u that i myself own a honda and i know it is a great car, but it is a far cry from being the greatest car in the world (or even in the Pakistan domestic market) that u put it out to be !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@airomerix
    Lol... i think that scared him away...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

defense party pohanch chuki hai guess im late :p

ill agree on most of the points about features missing in New City as im an owner of one myself
    but comparing it to XLI which is more expensive the New City is loaded with goodies

only thing i really hate is not having tht sweet Integrated Music Player in International models

maybe they could have atleast provided rear disk brakes. now plz dont start saying how drum brakes are so much better than disk brakes coz they are not.
    u got an opinion and respect it but i dont agree on this
    City is not an upspec car and putting 4 Wheel Disks will increase its cost

tht said the New City has exceptional stopping power
    far better than Corolla i might add and ABS works like a charm
    doesnt skid even if u hard brake from 70km/h

i shuld add tht Toyota Corolla is in the category of Honda Civic in International Market
    but the lack of features and tiny 85HP Engine brings it down a notch in our Market

tht said i must also add tht Honda Civic offers Fully Independant Rear wheels suspensions
    while Altis is stuck with the Torsion Beam one

now we all know Torsion Beam is cheaper to manufacture much like Drum Brakes
    also Honda Civic offers 5 Speed Auto compared to 4 Speed on Altis
    same reason 4Speed Auto Tranny is cheaper

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u guys forgot the trunk light
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PGhasanJ View Post
    defense party pohanch chuki hai guess im late :p

ill agree on most of the points about features missing in New City as im an owner of one myself
    but comparing it to XLI which is more expensive the New City is loaded with goodies

only thing i really hate is not having tht sweet Integrated Music Player in International models

u got an opinion and respect it but i dont agree on this
    City is not an upspec car and putting 4 Wheel Disks will increase its cost

tht said the New City has exceptional stopping power
    far better than Corolla i might add and ABS works like a charm
    doesnt skid even if u hard brake from 70km/h

i shuld add tht Toyota Corolla is in the category of Honda Civic in International Market
    but the lack of features and tiny 85HP Engine brings it down a notch in our Market

tht said i must also add tht Honda Civic offers Fully Independant Rear wheels suspensions
    while Altis is stuck with the Torsion Beam one

now we all know Torsion Beam is cheaper to manufacture much like Drum Brakes
    also Honda Civic offers 5 Speed Auto compared to 4 Speed on Altis
    same reason 4Speed Auto Tranny is cheaper
    You forgot the mass production idea of Toyota, they are producing the same thing while Honda has 2 sepearte cars to compete in different segments
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You forgot the mass production idea of Toyota, they are producing the same thing while Honda has 2 sepearte cars to compete in different segments
    this and the fact tht Honda Altas is the most up to date regarding their line up

magar kya karain apni awam ka :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You all know that CITY FRONT is too good and impressive as compared to its BACK.
    MISSING FOG LIGHT --- is ok even without fog lights its good
    But if they add HIGH MOUNT Brake lights at back it will definitely Boost up its impression
    Baqi HONDA ATLAS KI MARZI

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaq87 View Post
    airomerix to the rescue of honda. if only everybody shared your opinion then city might have actually surpassed corolla in sales. but that didnt happen did it? i mean u can say all about the 'great honda' but majority is authority. Honda doesnt sell as much as corolla and that is a fact. yes i agree that honda is a great car, but corolla is a greater car (in the sense that it is more suited for our roads which is full of pot holes and need softer suspensions to have a smoother ride). and with all that 'extra features' like power windows that come with city, maybe they could have atleast provided rear disk brakes. now plz dont start saying how drum brakes are so much better than disk brakes coz they are not. before u start mumbling away i would like to tell u that i myself own a honda and i know it is a great car, but it is a far cry from being the greatest car in the world (or even in the Pakistan domestic market) that u put it out to be !
    First of all i never claimed Honda to be the greatest car on the planet earth. So you are actually implying that Honda City is "INFERIOR" in braking because it has drums? Yes drums are an outdated technology but have you even driven New City or GLi? I wont comment on Xli because its not a CAR its a "JOKE" with consumers. The braking effectiveness of the City 2010 if not BETTER then is IDENTICAL to Gli which has 4 wheel disc brakes+ABS simply because the Honda has always rocked at brakes and Corolla has always "SUCKED". Furthermore the EBD technology which makes it even MORE effective is the cherry on the top!

Corolla a GREATER car? Why? It sells more then City? Then i guess Mehran beats the Reborn in this case?
    Did you know that Indus is putting 7 year old 85hp engine in a car which weights 1300kg where as City has 100hp engine which only has to pull a 900Kg. This is because City implies 1.3 i-vtec which was DESIGNED in 2008 and hence its a power pack!

In the end iam really not interested in arguing with you.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    This is a perfect comment expected from a guy with very limited knowledge of cars n one whos fanboyism never lets him think of anything other then COWROLLA/CROWOLLA..

1) who told u that? LOOKS like suzuki doesnt mean it is actually that way. the quality is wayy better then my 06 city's interior.just because its black doesnt mean its bad quality.

2) yes thats missing, shud ve been provided but that doesnt cause any problem in driving/enjoying the car, does it? look at ur XLI, doesnt even has central locking and power windows ... hahahhaha...how lame...

3) There IS a space for fog lamps,dude. may be u never got a chance to sit in a new city or see one closely.check the inner side of the bumper, there are proper mounts to fit in and space where the bumper needs to be cut.

4) yeah trunk light is missing, thats not good.but the wiring is done, one needs to buy an LED light and fix it there.max 400rs job

5) Lol... pure desi mentality, two tone interior.so what dude? saw the new bmw x1? bmw 5 series? z4? corvette? lumina ss? and countless other cars. all have black interior with few panels either painted or with wood trim.many ppl willing choose black as interior, even when biege is available. thats like saying that my chocolate bar isnt tasty because its white... hahaha. get a life man!

6) as expected, u surely never sat in a new city.hey, i got a plan, go to some market, stand there, if anyone pulls over in a new city, watch closely when the rear door is opened, u ll see space for speakers...duh...

7) okay, poor alpine which came in xli in 06.right.agreed. what about the poor 2C engine which came in cowrolla in 1986? its still being used in 2.0D. what about sunroofs? civic has them since 2000, corolla came up with it in 2008. what about vtec, honda has em since 1996, corolla JUST came up with vvti.what about power windows? civic had em in 1994, corolla had them in end of 90s.what about independant suspension? civic has it since 1987, corolla still doesnt... hahahahah... what a joke na... u got ur justifications for these points?

8) how much speakers an xli has? 18, right?

dude, just LOOK at xli and then city and feel ashamed of what u are defending.city is about 1lakh cheaper then xli n still provides MORE then xli.n when i say MORE, i mean the REAL features,like ABS etc.not high mount stop lamp etc.while corolla is still struggling to keep their side view mirrors and door handles unpainted in xli... HAH!!! what a joke... dude, u made my day... thanx a lot...!!!
    oye tu ty suthaan(shalwar) laa k rakh choru ha us ni.kuj ty khiyal kar
    lolz

ab kon samjae XLI waly bahio ko can any one tell me why they feel so pround on the car in which they up n down windows manually by paying more than 1 million rs

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mods deleted my comment.
    All i said was
    `Atlas is not the only one taking advantage of these savings actually there are quite a few third world countries around the globe who practice this.`
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

XLi, well that's not a car worth buying. GLi? Well that's not a car worth 1.5 million rs. What are we left with? Honda City. The people in Pakistan buy XLi because it gets the job done. Its tough, and every mechanic can take it apart and put it back. It gets around. City? Don't think any one other than Honda can even turn a bolt on it.

Honda has always been better, and I say that as a Toyota fan. But it has also been more fragile and one has to pamper it. Toyota is tough and that's why all the rental cars and taxis and radio cabs and all those villager cars are Toyotas. The day Honda starts making cars that can be as strong as Toyotas, Toyota's XLi will die a very horrid death.

And on topic, I still don't understand why we pay so much for our cars. We shouldn't have to. Honda Brio will be offered for 5 lac INR and that means around 9.5 lac PKR, but that car is fully loaded with ABS, air bags and what not. In 9.5 lac we get a Suzuki Cultus which feels as if it'll disintegrate any second.
    Hands. Heart. Soul. Porsche. ♥

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaq87 View Post

Sir, do u have anything SOLID to say apart from sales figures? how on earth sales figures are directly proportional to the good/bad characteristic of a car?
    do u which is the world's most sold car? its a VW beetle.does that make it better then all other cars? whats the best selling car of pakistan? a suzuki mehran.now please please tell me that its better then every damn car on pakistani soil... and u say majority is always right, well, majority is buying crap mehran, u think they are right? HELL NO... when comparing cars (or any other thing) compare the core values and attributes of it rather then those associated with buying that certain thing.
    YES i agree 4 wheel disc is better then 2 disc n 2 drums.but 4 wheel disc without abs (as in xli) is worse then 4 wheel drum brakes (as in bolan)... so, if compared to xli, city has much much better brakes.i recently braked one from 177km/h-60km/h... it literally pushes u ahead while braking, even at that speed.
    dont give me excuse of potholes n bad roads, here in sargodha, me and my friends have hondas for many many years, road conditions are too bad and frequent trips to villages are normal.none of the honda even gave up.if kept/driven carefully, nothing happens at all.my own 06 idsi has 165,000kms on its odo, still not even a bush from suspension has changed,nothing in engine too.
    All of this and my last post proves, to a neutral person though, that honda is a far superior CAR compared to corolla, atleast in pakistan.Period.

As for u saying corolla is a GREAT car, lol, leave the GREAT car thing to germans n italians, honda toyota are just economy cars made for the poor ppl...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jayb View Post
    XLi, well that's not a car worth buying. GLi? Well that's not a car worth 1.5 million rs. What are we left with? Honda City. The people in Pakistan buy XLi because it gets the job done. Its tough, and every mechanic can take it apart and put it back. It gets around. City? Don't think any one other than Honda can even turn a bolt on it.

Honda has always been better, and I say that as a Toyota fan. But it has also been more fragile and one has to pamper it. Toyota is tough and that's why all the rental cars and taxis and radio cabs and all those villager cars are Toyotas. The day Honda starts making cars that can be as strong as Toyotas, Toyota's XLi will die a very horrid death.

And on topic, I still don't understand why we pay so much for our cars. We shouldn't have to. Honda Brio will be offered for 5 lac INR and that means around 9.5 lac PKR, but that car is fully loaded with ABS, air bags and what not. In 9.5 lac we get a Suzuki Cultus which feels as if it'll disintegrate any second.
    the only reasonable reply on this thread from a toyota owner.though i have a different definition of a STRONG car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifaa View Post
    oye tu ty suthaan(shalwar) laa k rakh choru ha us ni.kuj ty khiyal kar
    lolz

ab kon samjae XLI waly bahio ko can any one tell me why they feel so pround on the car in which they up n down windows manually by paying more than 1 million rs
    lol... those are just facts

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Like i said, if you pamper your Honda, you'll love it. Honda is like a legitimate child, one which you want to spend on your love on. Toyota is like the b******, you just want to abuse it. and yet, Toyota is the one that makes your world go round without making a peep. Most of the time.
    Hands. Heart. Soul. Porsche. ♥

19. 06-12-2010, 07:12 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    personal remarks

20. 06-12-2010, 07:19 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    personal remarks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually the thing is that people have made their mentality that toyotas are reliable while a honda is fragile and so they dont even touch the Honda and always go for toyota.... but jab tak koi try nai karta tab tak pata bhi nahin chalega and whoever drives the honda he forgets abt toyota... Its a fact lol
    and World wide Honda is considered the most reliable brand.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Corolla is designed to be a 1.6L car
    its not about racing and underpowered Engine can hamper fuel economy

if XLI had power windows + ABS / EBD i wuld say its a better buy than City
    if GLi had a 1.6L Engine id say it worth the 15Lakh Price tag

and plz dont talk about reliability a Honda is extremely reliable
    and about rural areas and repair? Toyota Corolla has wider availability of parts compared to Honda in Pakistan and with the same engine being pushed for a decade the local mechanics know how to fix tht car

except in Pakistan where its overpriced and under equipped

outdated engine vs newer Engine with more power and better economy

23. 06-12-2010, 09:58 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    personal remarks

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mystique_Blazer View Post
    Actually the thing is that people have made their mentality that toyotas are reliable while a honda is fragile and so they dont even touch the Honda and always go for toyota.... but jab tak koi try nai karta tab tak pata bhi nahin chalega and whoever drives the honda he forgets abt toyota... Its a fact lol
    and World wide Honda is considered the most reliable brand.
    MOST RELIABLE???? you serious???????? Toyota is the most reliable brand in the world when it comes to cars. just google 'reliable car' and then see what u get. honda is more fun to drive and is better at high speeds. but we r in pak, a speed of 60 on our roads is more than adequate, and plus speed is not the only factor that defines a car. corolla is the most reliable car on the planet and this is why people love it. if people want fast cars they go for sports car, but people who are looking to buy family cars prefer corolla. in every country from Africa (toyota hilux) to America (toyota camry and now even prius when it comes to hybrid) to Australia (LC) to Europe (corolla is the most selling non-european car in whole of europe) Middle East(LC and corolla)) to Asia (corolla), everywhere toyota rules. why is that??? Any explanation u have??? or just people buy toyota coz it will get their sins removed on the day of judgement?!!!! why is every KID on these forums blindly proclaiming honda as the king of the cars. ok i agree that our awam is not very educated, so they supposedly dont know when a car is more comfortable or reliable. but what about awam of US or Australia??? are they all uneducated??? even when u talk about luxury then you will see that lexus is more respected a brand than Acura (which is even no where near nissan's Infinity brand). U wana talk about off roaders?? then honda doesnt even make one good SUV, their CRV has flopped all over the world. Whereas Prado or LC doesnt even need an introduction. So please save urself the embarrassment and dont just blabber for the sake of saying something. Hope ur 16 year old immature brain can take it that just because civic is in NFS games it doesnt mean that Honda is the best car in the world. Stupid ignorant 16 yr old !!! its cause of people that have ur kind of mentality that we see so many threads on pw about civic crashes, coz u people think it is some find a racing machine that needs to be pedalled to the metal !! Do some research on the internet before u make such immature remarks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List