Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75

Thread: Savings by Honda Atlas in CITY 2010

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    kamranlaeeq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    76
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Savings by Honda Atlas in CITY 2010

    I highlighted some minor but unwanted savings done by Honda Atlas Pakistan in CITY 2010. Specially High mount brake light and fog lamps
    Savings by Honda Atlas in CITY 2010 -169814 Savings by Honda Atlas in CITY 2010 -169815 Savings by Honda Atlas in CITY 2010 -169816


    DO NOT POST ABUSIVE/OFFENSIVE COMMENTS!


  2. #41
    Site Banned Follow
    Ashfaq87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    756
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PGhasanJ View Post
    Toyota Corolla is designed to be a 1.6L car
    its not about racing and underpowered Engine can hamper fuel economy

    if XLI had power windows + ABS / EBD i wuld say its a better buy than City
    if GLi had a 1.6L Engine id say it worth the 15Lakh Price tag

    and plz dont talk about reliability a Honda is extremely reliable
    and about rural areas and repair? Toyota Corolla has wider availability of parts compared to Honda in Pakistan and with the same engine being pushed for a decade the local mechanics know how to fix tht car


    except in Pakistan where its overpriced and under equipped



    outdated engine vs newer Engine with more power and better economy
    All areas in pakistan are like rural areas, there is not a single road that is pothole free. have u actually driven a car on pakistani roads??? ask any mechanic and he will tell u how fast honda's suspensions give in coz they are not designed for our roads. and xli and gli are not underpowered cars, unless offcourse u wish u race them then yes they are very underpowered. and if toyota is using old technology here it is because it is suitable here. newer engines are built for better fuels that are lead free and have higher octane levels, which we do not get here. so if u get those engines cars will not last longer. xli and gli are made for pakistani roads and as such cannot be expected to perform as well on paved and proper roads as honda, but since we dont have any kind of proper road expect maybe the motorway, it is very practical car coz soft suspensions make a more comfortable ride. when u have to drive u car everyday to and fro work then comfortability becomes the highest priority. and about ABS, google it, it is only good for paved roads. plz read about it, on unpaved road it is bad (kindly search on this topic before blabbering blindly about this fact. since we dont have paved roads all over pakistan, ABS is useless and sometimes even dangerous).

  3. 06-12-2010, 10:20 PM

    Site Banned

    Reason
    personal remarks

  4. #42
    Site Banned Follow
    Ashfaq87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    756
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Good so i dont have to keep on repeating what i already said.

    Fact: Toyota sells more than Honda globally
    Figures: Toyota corolla sold more cars than all of Honda's line up last year (despite having setback in forms of recalls)

    i rest my case, good enough for u?

  5. #43
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaq87 View Post
    Good so i dont have to keep on repeating what i already said.
    Fact: Toyota sells more than Honda globally
    Figures: Toyota corolla sold more cars than all of Honda's line up last year (despite having setback in forms of recalls)

    i rest my case, good enough for u
    FACT #1----Toyota Gives UNDERPOWERED and OUT DATED ENGINES in Pakistan

    FIGURE #1--Toyota engines are LESS POWERFUL and LESS FUEL ECNOMICAL then Honda engines.

    FACT #2--ONLY PAKISTAN GETS 7 year old 1.3L SINGLE VVT-i engine

    FIGURE #2- ONLY Pakistan gets 85hp engine in the world under 2010 banner which pulls 1200kg vehical!

    FACT #3- ONLY Pakistan gets 25 year old Diesel engine in 2010 Corolla.

    FIGURE #3- It is 65hp ONLY with not so impressive torque.

    FACT #4- ONLY Pakistan gets 6 year old IZZ-FE in Top of the line Altis

    FIGURE #4- It costs 19lacs with 4 Speed Auto tranny and its Single VVT-i

    And then you compare Pakistani TOYOTA with JAPANs, US, Australia, Middle East etc!


    And Thanks for a DECENT REPLY!
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  6. 06-12-2010, 10:36 PM

    Senior PakWheeler

    Reason
    personal remarks

  7. #44
    Site Banned Follow
    Ashfaq87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    756
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    FACT #1----Toyota Gives UNDERPOWERED and OUT DATED ENGINES in Pakistan

    FIGURE #1--Toyota engines are LESS POWERFUL and LESS FUEL ECNOMICAL then Honda engines.

    FACT #2--ONLY PAKISTAN GETS 7 year old 1.3L SINGLE VVT-i engine

    FIGURE #2- ONLY Pakistan gets 85hp engine in the world under 2010 banner which pulls 1200kg vehical!

    FACT #3- ONLY Pakistan gets 25 year old Diesel engine in 2010 Corolla.

    FIGURE #3- It is 65hp ONLY with not so impressive torque.

    FACT #4- ONLY Pakistan gets 6 year old IZZ-FE in Top of the line Altis

    FIGURE #4- It costs 19lacs with 4 Speed Auto tranny and its Single VVT-i

    And then you compare Pakistani TOYOTA with JAPANs, US, Australia, Middle East etc!


    And Thanks for a DECENT REPLY!
    FACT #1----Toyota Gives UNDERPOWERED and OUT DATED ENGINES in Pakistan
    What is your definition of underpowered? the car is able to take 5 passengers, a CNG tank and luggage to Murree and to other nearby hilly areas without any problems. And the engines they offer are for a reason, which i have tried to explain below.

    FIGURE #1--Toyota engines are LESS POWERFUL and LESS FUEL ECNOMICAL then Honda engines.
    less powerful, as in less HP, yes agreed, but they are more then enough to take the car to places like murree and since everyday driver is not going to race track i would say the power is good. less economical?? do u know how much fuel does civic drink??

    FACT #2--ONLY PAKISTAN GETS 7 year old 1.3L SINGLE VVT-i engine
    true, this is because newer engines require better fuels, that have a good octane reading, have low to no lead in them. pakistani fuel is not fit to be used in newer engines. this is why corollas life on general is more than thatof honda's (just compare how many 70s and 80s rolla u see out on the road with that of honda's)

    FIGURE #2- ONLY Pakistan gets 85hp engine in the world under 2010 banner which pulls 1200kg vehical!
    It does a very good job of doing that, as i said earlier it is enough to get a car to murree. and in pak u do not need a higher hp engine. i have lived a good chunk of my life in Abu Dhabi, where cars routinely do 100km/h in city, so u need to have a good powered car, but here even 80km/h on normal streets is alsmost impossible to achieve and maintain. so we dont need more hp cars. we need more comfortable cars, which everyone would agree rolla is coz of its softer suspensions.

    FACT #3- ONLY Pakistan gets 25 year old Diesel engine in 2010 Corolla.
    new diesel engines are designed to run on low sulphur diesel, which we do not have. high sulphur quantity of our local fuel will ruin newer engines. so unless we get better fuel how can u expect to have a newer engine that is designed to run on a different class of petrol/diesel and then expect the engine to have a long life?

    FIGURE #3- It is 65hp ONLY with not so impressive torque.
    again, as i said above, we get these engines coz of the fuel we get here. i do agree that it is low power, but then better engines require better fuels.

    FACT #4- ONLY Pakistan gets 6 year old IZZ-FE in Top of the line Altis
    many new cars are coming with 4 speed auto trannys, plz check the internet for source. and again reason to get old engine is fuel. it is because we get these older engines that are more compatible with our fuel quality that we see so many old corollas and toyotas on the road than any other old cars.

    FIGURE #4- It costs 19lacs with 4 Speed Auto tranny and its Single VVT-i
    ok i will give u this one, they should have introduced dual VVT-i, but i think it will cost them too much to redesign an older engine (that can take our fuel) and make it dual VVT-i

    And then you compare Pakistani TOYOTA with JAPANs, US, Australia, Middle East etc!
    This is because i wanted to prove a point, that it is just not pak where people are, as u say uneducated, that buy toyota, it is all over the world, people see toyota as a more reliable brand than honda



    And Thanks for a DECENT REPLY!
    You are welcome, I tried in my few earlier posts with u to be polite but u always seemed so belligerent, so i had to take this approach. by the way, i myself own honda (and toyota) and i simply love the car, but i know that when it comes to everyday driving on pak roads, toyota is the king. hope you understand what i am saying and let us just stop this unnecessary argument right here, and move on to other threads.

  8. #45
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaq87 View Post
    What is your definition of underpowered? the car is able to take 5 passengers, a CNG tank and luggage to Murree and to other nearby hilly areas without any problems. And the engines they offer are for a reason, which i have tried to explain below
    Yes it doesnt feel underpowered when you're driving on a straight sunny road, try drving it on muree road. It takes a while to climb those hills and its not at all pleasurable if one is driving a 1.5 Million car.

    It does a very good job of doing that, as i said earlier it is enough to get a car to murree. and in pak u do not need a higher hp engine. i have lived a good chunk of my life in Abu Dhabi, where cars routinely do 100km/h in city, so u need to have a good powered car, but here even 80km/h on normal streets is alsmost impossible to achieve and maintain. so we dont need more hp cars. we need more comfortable cars, which everyone would agree rolla is coz of its softer suspensions.

    I agree Corolla is flawless in intra city driving, but have you take milege into account? Smaller the engine, bigger the mass = More force required = higher RPM = Poor milege. Being a 1.3 city does 8-10km/L inside city and less then 14km on highway where as city CAN do 18+ on highway. This is where more hp comes into play. And you claim that more hp is only required on race tracks. Gosh with whom am I arguing with! You are even more innocent then i thought.

    less powerful, as in less HP, yes agreed, but they are more then enough to take the car to places like murree and since everyday driver is not going to race track i would say the power is good. less economical?? do u know how much fuel does civic drink??


    Yes i know how much fuel it eats! Being a 1.8 it still GIVES MORE then 1.3 GLi simply because the power to weight ratio is excellent. My civic 1.8 often gave me 15+ on highway. Amazing isnt it? Now how will you advocate the milege which Gli provides being a 1.3?



    new diesel engines are designed to run on low sulphur diesel, which we do not have. high sulphur quantity of our local fuel will ruin newer engines. so unless we get better fuel how can u expect to have a newer engine that is designed to run on a different class of petrol/diesel and then expect the engine to have a long life?


    So you think the low quality diesel is the reason why they are not giving newer engines in 2.0D? Why dont they just discontinue the diesel varient and wait for cleaner diesel? Why are they POLLUTING our enviornment with that rusty engine which is BANNED everywhere else? Do you know the consequences of using these engines? But no, after all they have to make PROFIT out of it. NO?

    many new cars are coming with 4 speed auto trannys, plz check the internet for source. and again reason to get old engine is fuel. it is because we get these older engines that are more compatible with our fuel quality that we see so many old corollas and toyotas on the road than any other old cars.


    New cars are comming with 4 speed auto? Yes but they either 1.0/1.3 or 1.6L Sedans atmost. Globally ALL the cars are having 5 gears starting form 1.6 and go upto 8 gears in Auto Transmission. This is solely to improve performance/milege. You cant just admit the fact that 4 gears are actually the DISADVANTAGE of Altis over Civic. Alright dont listen to me, check the specs of International 1.8 Altis, Even it has a newer engine which is 2ZR-FE
    ok i will give u this one, they should have introduced dual VVT-i, but i think it will cost them too much to redesign an older engine (that can take our fuel) and make it dual VVT-i


    Now you're talking. It will cost THEM too much. And the CONSUMERS here earn HARAM! Right! Honda is retarded they they are giving 1.3 IVTEC which is the latest creating of their ivtec department! If they wanted they could put the old idsi in the new city to cut so called costs.

    This is because i wanted to prove a point, that it is just not pak where people are, as u say uneducated, that buy toyota, it is all over the world, people see toyota as a more reliable brand than honda


    Yes to prove your point you are over looking all the FACTS and Figures. And those who keep Honda know better how reliable these cars are. Iam not saying Corolla is not reliable nor i can say that since i own 2 corollas aswell, iam just challenging the claim of Honda's relaibility.

    You are welcome, I tried in my few earlier posts with u to be polite but u always seemed so belligerent, so i had to take this approach. by the way, i myself own honda (and toyota) and i simply love the car, but i know that when it comes to everyday driving on pak roads, toyota is the king. hope you understand what i am saying and let us just stop this unnecessary argument right here, and move on to other threads


    Now is a good time to stop. Isnt it?
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  9. #46
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    After this i would not bother to reply you since iam not here to waste my time on people who can do anything to prove their point.

    Best of luck!
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  10. #47
    PakWheeler Follow
    PGhasanJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    935
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    All areas in pakistan are like rural areas, there is not a single road that is pothole free. have u actually driven a car on pakistani roads??? ask any mechanic and he will tell u how fast honda's suspensions give in coz they are not designed for our roads.
    all the roads in Karachi r just fine for Honda
    my iDSI City is 2006 model done 45000 KM and never had any problem with suspension
    i also have New City iVTEC and it goes along our roads just fine
    u can also check the odomoeter picture of "ahmadbila" in the City Fanclub

    he has 165k KM on his City so ur logic fails my friend

    and xli and gli are not underpowered cars, unless offcourse u wish u race them then yes they are very underpowered
    u dont increase a cars weight by 200KG and keep the same Engine
    why do u think previous Corolla and all Honda Cities have 1.3L Engine and not 1L?
    because 1L wont be enuff for the size of these cars

    New Corolla is heavier by 200KG and is sold worldwide as a 1.6L Car
    in 15Lkh Rs price Toyota Indus needs to put in 1.6L Engine

    and if toyota is using old technology here it is because it is suitable here. newer engines are built for better fuels that are lead free and have higher octane levels, which we do not get here. so if u get those engines cars will not last longer.
    i see no problem with iVTEC Engine on our Petrol
    this reason fails

    and about ABS, google it, it is only good for paved roads. plz read about it, on unpaved road it is bad (kindly search on this topic before blabbering blindly about this fact. since we dont have paved roads all over pakistan, ABS is useless and sometimes even dangerous).
    oh my GOD i cant believe ur not mubeenshahid in disguise r u? D:

    u think the reason XLi doesnt have ABS is because of unpaved roads?
    why doesn GLi and Altis have ABS then?
    real reason its adding ABS will reduce the profit margin on XLi

    as for ABS on unpaved roads its even more of a need there then normal roads

    think about it a Car has more "Traction" on paved roads then unpaved roads
    in case of Brake Lock Out ur Tyres will still have more grip on Paved Roads then unpaved roads

    If u dont believe me try hard braking a car without ABS on paved roads and then on unpaved roads u will get ur answer

    in the end i shuld say ur delusional if u even think tht they dont put Newer Engines because of "Fuel"
    a 2004 Engine does not have Fuel Problems but the 2006 ones will have them?
    ajeeb baat hai

    Sole reason is Corolla sells like Hot cakes here in Pakistan with or without Newer Engines / With or Without ABS / With or Without Power Windows

  11. #48
    PakWheeler Follow
    shoaib22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    575
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Oh god, stop fighting as if you guys own the Toyota/Honda companies!

  12. #49
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,136
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    LOLs too much to read WHO's winning GUYs??
    RIP

  13. #50
    PakWheeler Follow
    PGhasanJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    935
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    LOLs too much to read WHO's winning GUYs??
    Logic wins :p

    long story short :

    Claim : Corolla has 4Wheels Disks while City doesnt
    Logic : Civic has 4Wheel Disks + independant suspension + 5 Speed
    the latter 2 r not present in Altis even though both cars cost the same

    Claim : Xli lacks ABS because its dangerous on unpaved roads
    Logic : Gli and Altis have ABS

    Claim : Toyota Indus uses older engines coz newer ones need Better Fuel
    Logic : High Compression Engines need Higher Octane Level on Fuels tht does not necessarily means all new Engines r High Compression

    Example :p
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````C ompression Ratio
    Honda City iVTEC 1.3L(Local) `````````````````10.5:1
    Honda City iDSI 1.3L (Local) ````````````````` 10.8:1
    Toyota Corolla 2NZ-FE 1.3L (Local) ````````````10.5:1
    Toyota Corolla 1ZR-FE 1.6L (International)`````` 10.2:1
    Toyota Corolla 2ZR-FE 1.8L (International) `````` 10.0:1

    Logic tells us tht Engines with lower compression ratio will work better on Fuels with Lower Octane than the Engines with higher compression ratio :p

  14. #51
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^^Now thats what i was talking about! :p
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  15. #52
    Site Banned Follow
    Ashfaq87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    756
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PGhasanJ View Post
    Logic wins :p

    long story short :

    Claim : Corolla has 4Wheels Disks while City doesnt
    Logic : Civic has 4Wheel Disks + independant suspension + 5 Speed
    the latter 2 r not present in Altis even though both cars cost the same

    Claim : Xli lacks ABS because its dangerous on unpaved roads
    Logic : Gli and Altis have ABS

    Claim : Toyota Indus uses older engines coz newer ones need Better Fuel
    Logic : High Compression Engines need Higher Octane Level on Fuels tht does not necessarily means all new Engines r High Compression

    Example :p
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````C ompression Ratio
    Honda City iVTEC 1.3L(Local) `````````````````10.5:1
    Honda City iDSI 1.3L (Local) ````````````````` 10.8:1
    Toyota Corolla 2NZ-FE 1.3L (Local) ````````````10.5:1
    Toyota Corolla 1ZR-FE 1.6L (International)`````` 10.2:1
    Toyota Corolla 2ZR-FE 1.8L (International) `````` 10.0:1

    Logic tells us tht Engines with lower compression ratio will work better on Fuels with Lower Octane than the Engines with higher compression ratio :p
    now u r comparing corolla and civic??? have u even read my posts???? all along i was thinking we are comparing city and corolla, now civic comes into. and i am not saying that the reason they dont give ABS in xli is because it is unsafe (which i was sure the minute i wrote u wouldnt bother reading the rest of my post and jump to conclusions). anyways it is just so useless to try to explain logic to u. so forget about ABS and something that u can never clearly comprehend. and do u even know what EON rating petrol we get here? u want a good car, get accord, it is way better than xli or city, but then dont expect that it will run for even 10 years (without a major problem) on our roads conditions and with our fuel. if money is not a problem then get a nice imported car. who is stopping u? but if u r comparing local cars, then toyota wins all round. and again u r talking about more hp. its not like corolla got 30 hp and city got 100, coz that is a considerable amount, but the difference i very minor. and about ur frd driving at 80 in city, well does he always drive like that??? i highly doubt it, the traffic would not allow it. and if he accelerates to 80 and then brakes hard at every junction then he is a moron! why is it so hard for u to digest that ur beloved city, is neither the most beloved car in pak or the world. if people really loved city, then there would have been more on the road. and the fact that people are willing to pay more money to get 'inferior xli' (as per u) is enough to justify the LOGICALLY YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

    as for who wins, in term of sales, Toyota, in terms of reliability, in term of comfort Toyota (despite city having independent suspension it still is more rigid a ride) but yes in term of who got about 13hp more, then yes city. And one more thing, Toyota engineers are more clever and informed than both of us, they know if they start giving newer engines then those will fail in a short while coz of our local fuel standards (which has high sulphur and plz read about this or ask any mechanic before commenting blindly on this point)

  16. #53
    129
    129 is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    lol i really enjoyed the whole thread ..
    S65 "AMG" ( LUXURY WITH POWERHOUSE )
    ^^my power of dreams ^^

  17. #54
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lovesleeping's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,468
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    enjoyed this therd so much
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

  18. #55
    PakWheeler Follow
    shoaib22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    575
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaq87 View Post
    and the fact that people are willing to pay more money to get 'inferior xli' (as per u) is enough to justify the LOGICALLY YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

    as for who wins, in term of sales, Toyota, in terms of reliability, in term of comfort Toyota (despite city having independent suspension it still is more rigid a ride) but yes in term of who got about 13hp more, then yes city.
    Wow, you're one hell of a p*ssoff! If you're going to talk about consumer spending patterns and sales trends, then that makes Mehran the best car in Pakistan. So stop crying because logically, you don't know what you're saying.

  19. #56
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    UsmanAnsari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    7,686
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @cylestyne.. time to move this to Guess Humors section
    don't love the car you own.., own the car you love!
    my blog: CarSpiritPK.com

  20. #57
    PakWheeler Follow
    PGhasanJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    935
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    u want a good car, get accord, it is way better than xli or city, but then dont expect that it will run for even 10 years (without a major problem) on our roads conditions and with our fuel. if money is not a problem then get a nice imported car. who is stopping u?
    cant afford an Accord

    but if u r comparing local cars, then toyota wins all round. and again u r talking about more hp. its not like corolla got 30 hp and city got 100, coz that is a considerable amount, but the difference i very minor. and about ur frd driving at 80 in city, well does he always drive like that??? i highly doubt it, the traffic would not allow it. and if he accelerates to 80 and then brakes hard at every junction then he is a moron!
    yeh buy the more expensive Xli which doesnt have PowerWindows/ABS/Decent Engine which in turn gives "DECENT MILEAGE"

    why is it so hard for u to digest that ur beloved city, is neither the most beloved car in pak or the world. if people really loved city, then there would have been more on the road. and the fact that people are willing to pay more money to get 'inferior xli' (as per u) is enough to justify the LOGICALLY YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.
    i had the liberty to ask each and every XLi owner in my friends and family as why dont u buy a City?
    the only answer i got was "Yar maintenance mehengi hai warna lay laytay"

    another factor is "resale"
    XLi sells for more tht wht u paid for its not a car its an investment

    as for who wins, in term of sales, Toyota, in terms of reliability, in term of comfort Toyota (despite city having independent suspension it still is more rigid a ride) but yes in term of who got about 13hp more, then yes city.
    Honda Jazz is one of the highest selling Hatchbacks in the world while Honda Civic is the highest selling car in USA
    i agree "Corolla" sells more

    as for Hard suspension look up any review of Corolla/Civic or Camry/Accord
    u will see all Hondas have harder suspension which gives better steering response while Toyota have softer suspension


    And one more thing, Toyota engineers are more clever and informed than both of us, they know if they start giving newer engines then those will fail in a short while coz of our local fuel standards (which has high sulphur and plz read about this or ask any mechanic before commenting blindly on this point)
    yes they r more clever and more informed than the pathetic money hoggers in Toyota Indus
    no wonder Internationally they sell Corolla as a 1.6L Car

    as for High Sulphur? have ur local mechanics had a chance to test the newer Toyota Engines?

    u might want again read my last post about High Octane and High Compression
    if a damn 2004 Engine with 10.5:1 works so can a 3 years younger Engine with 10.2:1
    Coz LOWER = BETTER for Low Octane Fuel

  21. #58
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So guys what do you think who's winning?
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  22. #59
    Site Banned Follow
    Ashfaq87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    756
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shoaib22 View Post
    Wow, you're one hell of a p*ssoff! If you're going to talk about consumer spending patterns and sales trends, then that makes Mehran the best car in Pakistan. So stop crying because logically, you don't know what you're saying.
    Read my other posts, before commenting blindly. i said beofre, that mehran has no competition, it is the cheapest car on the market. there is no other cheaper car available. when people who want to upgrade from bike to car, just to get a more comfortable everyday, they have the cheapest option in mehran. but with corolla u have so many options, u can buy liana, city, sunny, and other cars that cost same as xli or less. if i have little money and i want a brand new car, i would go for mehran, coz it is cheapest on market. get ur head out of a gutter and think LOGICALLY.
    on a separate note: one guy says the word 'logic' and now every post in this thread has to use that word. loool
    as for who is winning? well no one, it is like catch 22, there will always be something that are better in corolla and something that are better in city. end of the day u buy what u want.

  23. #60
    PakWheeler Follow
    kamranlaeeq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    76
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bhayoooooooo baat Missing High Mount Light in CITY say shoro hoe thi aur COROLLA aur CITY kay comparison par ja pohnchi hai....

    Both TOYOTA and HONDA are good brands

    I am owning HONDA it has never give me any problem (MASHALLAH) but my opinion about Honda was that it full fills all your basic requirements but in new model High Mount and Boot Lights are missing which is NOT GOOD

    In Pakistan TOYOTA is not giving justice to their customers in the following way:

    XLI --> No power window, no ABS, no High Mount Light, limited color option in 1.4 Million car

    GLI --> bit Expensive even with ABS brakes are not very good

    ALTIS --> Paying much more than XLI but having same shape

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •