51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2002 Suspension -Sports Reqd

I have a Honda City 2002. Changed the shocks to brand new .. but still dont like it that much... plz advise any sports suspension kit.price and loaction wud be appreciated

2 of my friends have recommended installing a Honda Civic Reborns or Toyottal corolla (latest model's) shock s

Expert opinion wud be appreciated

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have exactly the same problem man and was thinking to make a thread. THanks to you
    and even my 03 city is pathetic on bumps and rough roads, even have done suspension work and shocks changed. Local mechanics say its perfect but i know that it isnt, the way it used to be. And i guess shocks cant be changed to civic's or corolla one

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any suggestions???? anyone... good ones ,,,???

No guru on suspension & shock in PW ???

@Shaheer11 :

Found ny solution??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

naa
    i am planning to get some comfortable seats like that of corolla or put new seat covers and 1 inch foam under them. and listen to songs so u dont get to hear this road noise and dont feel bad road by the comfortable seats.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Aerojet..

what i understood from u post is that u want the ride to be comfortable and yet u r looking for sports suspension..bhai meray sports suspension tou hard hoti hai..woh dalo gaye tou comfort kahtum ho jaye gi..

2ndly, 00-03 model city has independent front and rear suspension which is considered more comfortable then connected suspension (e.g city 04-06).
    tyres also play a vital role in making a car comfortable.which profile r u running??
    Also, with which suspension u r comparing to??
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imtishal View Post
    @Aerojet..

what i understood from u post is that u want the ride to be comfortable and yet u r looking for sports suspension..bhai meray sports suspension tou hard hoti hai..woh dalo gaye tou comfort kahtum ho jaye gi..

2ndly, 00-03 model city has independent front and rear suspension which is considered more comfortable then connected suspension (e.g city 04-06).
    tyres also play a vital role in making a car comfortable.which profile r u running??
    Also, with which suspension u r comparing to??
    i disagree with u about this old city having better suspension then idsi shape one. even if it has independent suspension. i have driven many city's of both exi and idsi models and the idsi one 03-08 are extremely quite and very good at bumps and rough roads, wheras the 00-03 simply sucks at bad roads. Its road noise on even a litlle bit rough roads is unbearable.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ imtishal

Shaheer11 is right... the City 2000-02 has a bad repute for its fuel pumps burning up and *** suspension..

Tyres are Dunlop SP 9000 15in ... 195/55 (not sure.. maybe 65 )

Its not a tyre issue at all... its the stupid shocks...

Just need compatible ones or sports ... am searching for it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have found the answer as to why is it stiff...

Source : Wikipedia

Third generation (1996–2002)

Facelifted third generation Honda City
    The third generation Honda City, codenamed SX8, was based on the EK Civic platform. It was designed for and sold in the South East Asian market only.
    This City is still a subcompact slotting beneath the Honda Civic, but a four-door sedan model instead for developing markets in Asia, and was built in Pakistan, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines .................................................. .................................................. ....
    The car had a sporty suspension set-up. It was one or the rare sub-compacts with fully independent rear suspension (dropped in the later models due to its high cost) which allowed for greater feedback and enhanced handling.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shaheer

I hope u got the answer from aero's reply to ur query about road noise etc.
    2ndly,It's all about personal preferences.I have driven Idsi's too and they r slow mules with cosmetics, and car gives no feed back whatsoever to the driver (in ur eyes it's quietness).I personally own a 02 model exis and i choose her over a 04 model,b'coz i want feed back from the car i'm driving.2ndly,the road grip is much much superior then idsi.I normally drive my car on M2 around 130-140 km and as the turns r wide so don't need to slow her down coz i feel the road grip and on the other hand once i drove an idsi and on same speed tried a wider turn and i felt like car will either topple or hit the divider.May b that specific car had some problem but it was scary.
    3rdly,the pick,even in stock condition, she's hard to catch and if u do little modes then u could become nightmare for alot of high end cars..

@Aero

I'm using her from last 3 yrs never had any problem of fuel pump burning nor i heard from any of my frd's who has same model.And As said earlier,sports suspension is hard with is confirmed from ur reply including wiki info.Try getting soft suspension may b civic 00 shocks would fit,but ur road grip and handling will be messed up.
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imtishal View Post
    @shaheer

I hope u got the answer from aero's reply to ur query about road noise etc.
    2ndly,It's all about personal preferences.I have driven Idsi's too and they r slow mules with cosmetics, and car gives no feed back whatsoever to the driver (in ur eyes it's quietness).I personally own a 02 model exis and i choose her over a 04 model,b'coz i want feed back from the car i'm driving.2ndly,the road grip is much much superior then idsi.I normally drive my car on M2 around 130-140 km and as the turns r wide so don't need to slow her down coz i feel the road grip and on the other hand once i drove an idsi and on same speed tried a wider turn and i felt like car will either topple or hit the divider.May b that specific car had some problem but it was scary.
    3rdly,the pick,even in stock condition, she's hard to catch and if u do little modes then u could become nightmare for alot of high end cars..

@Aero

I'm using her from last 3 yrs never had any problem of fuel pump burning nor i heard from any of my frd's who has same model.And As said earlier,sports suspension is hard with is confirmed from ur reply including wiki info.Try getting soft suspension may b civic 00 shocks would fit,but ur road grip and handling will be messed up.
    Bro responsiveness and cabin noise are two different things. U can take example of civic. Even if one floors the acc. pedal of civic u dont get to hear engine noise but rather responsiveness in terms of acceleration.

ok coming to the point even if the city has independent suspension there must be a way to get a comfortable ride like that we have in corolla on bumps.( and that is what aerojet is asking) Tyres and shocks changing is of no use as i've done that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There are 2 types of shock assemblies :

Honda City 2002 Suspension -Sports Reqd - SuspensionDiagram

&

Honda City 2002 Suspension -Sports Reqd - conv suspension

The Honda City 2002 comes under the first category.

According to a replies I received from a person in Thailand who had the same issue. He says just change the spring & the camber.

Spring :
    Honda City 2002 Suspension -Sports Reqd - 2755

Camber kit :

Honda City 2002 Suspension -Sports Reqd - fckproplus

Also found this out :

Type of Shock on Honda City 2002 ( Source Wikipedia )

Although it is a popular choice due to its simplicity and low manufacturing cost, the design has a few disadvantages, with regards to the quality of ride it provides and how it affects the handling of the car. Geometric analysis shows it cannot allow vertical movement of the wheel without some degree of either camber angle change, sideways movement, or both. It is not generally considered to give as good handling as a double wishbone suspension, because it allows the engineers less freedom to choose camber change and roll center. Another drawback is that it tends to transmit noise and vibration from the road directly into the body shell, giving higher noise levels and a "harsh" feeling to the ride compared with double wishbones, requiring manufacturers to add extra noise reduction or cancellation and isolation mechanisms. Also, because of its greater size and robustness and greater degree of attachment to the vehicle structure, when the internal seals of the shock absorber portion wear out replacement is expensive compared to replacing a simple shock absorber. However, despite these drawbacks, the strut setup is still used on high performance cars such as the Porsche 911, all current BMWs (including the new MINI) except the 2007 X5,[6] 2009 7-series, 2010 5-series and 5-series GT, the Alfa Romeo Mito and 2010 Giulietta, and several Mercedes-Benz models. The Porsche 911 up until the 1989 model year (964), is one of the very few[quantify] Macpherson strut designs not to use a coil spring, the springing medium being torsion bars in the lower wishbone—the strut part providing only damping.
    IF IT'S GOT BO0BS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU PROBLEMS!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Aerojet

Springs can b replaced But how can the chamber will b changed.Totally different architecture.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

plz explain...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Aero

Yaar the wish bone chamber kit u showed.how it's gonna fit?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for Springs there is alot of brands for Honda city SX8 ranging from H&R, GAB, MONZA to Eibach. But they do not have TEIN model...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla(xli) till 07 and the duddo city's drive has no comparison with City Exis drive. Exis is much more powerful and smooth on rough roads. The road noise you hear is because of the driving position of the car which is close to the road plus the tyres you are using. If you are using low profiles then much more noise will be transmitted. In terms on handling EXIS is very very stable as compare to 03-08 city and corolla. Mainly because of independent suspensions and lower center of gravity. If you have problems with road noise you can switch to a higher profile tire set or atleast the stock size. Exis's engine is not noisye, but it does have a roar...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my city 2002 has a problem! its rpm falls down when ac is turned on both on cng and petrol! what should i do??? aur cng pay neutral mai engine shutt off ho jat ahai !!!! HELP : (

18. 01-05-2011, 06:39 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    spam

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cooldevil
    Am not an expert but get the throttle body cleaned ... rs 400 to 600
    Get the cng tuned after tht

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fahadwizz
    Sir .. u are 1000% correct

In my search for good shocks ... it led me to find performance shocks with coils worth rs 95000 for hard ones and rs 70000 for medium ones ...

End result ... didn't get them .. nd nw getting good tyres ... major difference guaranteed..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

even i have honda city 2003 old shape but i too have the same problem i sometimes feels so hard drive because of the shocks and consulted many of the mechanics. They have the same answer its perfectly fine. Now i am a bit satisfied by ur answers thats every city owner of this model is feeling the same....

Specifically on bumps it feels so hard like (Thak Thak) sound!

@ Aerojet i think its useless to change shocks as we cannot find those OEM again

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List