5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My new ride, city 2010

Bought her sum time back but never cleaned her good enough to post th thread....treated her with small upgrades n Mothers wax...she looks happy now...please dont forget to say MashAllah.
    My new ride city 2010 -179425 My new ride city 2010 -179426 My new ride city 2010 -179427 My new ride city 2010 -179428 My new ride city 2010 -179429 My new ride city 2010 -179430 My new ride city 2010 -179431 My new ride city 2010 -179432 My new ride city 2010 -179433 My new ride city 2010 -179434

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lahoreee View Post
    bro thank you very much for letting me know everything in detail... I'l get it checked tomorrow. mine is driven slightly over 22k...

Bro can u please answer two more querries

How can I reslove its low ground clearance issue, packing or rim size ? (current rims are 14)
    How can I get rear speakers fitted as there is no "phatta" and no space to fix custom "phatta" ?

I once again thank you for ur assistance... :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by automakerz View Post
    Mashallah, Beautiful car.

May Allah bless you.
    Drive Safely.

Regards
    @automakerz
    Thanks brother.

@lahoree

Tell me which tires do u have in ur car presently? if theyr the stock tires then u can go for 185/65 (or 70)/14. This increase in profile will give u a bit of better clearance. Rest if u wana change the rim to 15...then u shud put in 185/65/15 (not 70 profile), also do not put 195s although they give u ultimate traction but the fuel economy suffers. Tires i wud recommend are yokohama A SPEC or DB. I wudnt go for packing to increase ground clearance.
    As far as the phatta is concerned....i saw the stock one being available at Shoba bazar peshawar...so i guess vitz parts keepers are stocking it now....otherwise u can get a new one imported by a good importer im sure it wudnt cost much...i once opened toyota japan website to check whether it wud be available from toyota company or not and yes it was there in the available spares but the price was too much. 2nd option is to get it made but that wud never fit perfectly n wud make squeaky sounds. third option is to upgrade ur front door speakers to better ones. 4th option is to have 2 small surround plywood boxes made for 2 normal rear board speakers and have them placed under the rear seat...in those spaces which are vacant under the rear seat...have em fixed there.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    @automakerz
    Thanks brother.

@lahoree

Tell me which tires do u have in ur car presently? if theyr the stock tires then u can go for 185/65 (or 70)/14. This increase in profile will give u a bit of better clearance. Rest if u wana change the rim to 15...then u shud put in 185/65/15 (not 70 profile), also do not put 195s although they give u ultimate traction but the fuel economy suffers. Tires i wud recommend are yokohama A SPEC or DB. I wudnt go for packing to increase ground clearance.
    As far as the phatta is concerned....i saw the stock one being available at Shoba bazar peshawar...so i guess vitz parts keepers are stocking it now....otherwise u can get a new one imported by a good importer im sure it wudnt cost much...i once opened toyota japan website to check whether it wud be available from toyota company or not and yes it was there in the available spares but the price was too much. 2nd option is to get it made but that wud never fit perfectly n wud make squeaky sounds. third option is to upgrade ur front door speakers to better ones. 4th option is to have 2 small surround plywood boxes made for 2 normal rear board speakers and have them placed under the rear seat...in those spaces which are vacant under the rear seat...have em fixed there.
    The tire says "Yokohama DNA dB decibel 185/65/R14 86H Made in Japan"... Now what do u recommend ?

Genuine "phatta" for old shape vitz is available but not new one's..
    the space undrneath rear seats is not sufficient for speakers to b fitted..

I hope m not bugging you..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have installed speakers on rear custome made phata n its going well no drilling no cutting superb sound! will upload pics of needed!
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lahoreee View Post
    The tire says "Yokohama DNA dB decibel 185/65/R14 86H Made in Japan"... Now what do u recommend ?

Genuine "phatta" for old shape vitz is available but not new one's..
    the space undrneath rear seats is not sufficient for speakers to b fitted..

I hope m not bugging you..
    Quote Originally Posted by Legal_rebel View Post
    i have installed speakers on rear custome made phata n its going well no drilling no cutting superb sound! will upload pics of needed!
    @lahoree
    Brother the tires u got in ur ride are one of the best available in the market n im not talking shashka im talkin practicality....yes if u want more clearance u will have to change ur rim size to 15 and will have to get same tires in size 15 to match the comfort ur gettin now n even then u wont feel TOO much of a difference. A 19/20 difference is wat u'll get at max so stick to wat u got and be happy with it, better drive a bit careful to avoid bumpiness (if ur used to driving no holds barred like typical Xli drivers then im afraid the vitz will take u some time to get used to it...u cant just cross every bump with an "i dont give a sh.." kind of approach in this car...just take ur foot off the throttle n u'll get a much better feeling)

@legal rebel
    U got urself a nice solution...plz post the pics and source plus kharcha to facilitate lahoree bhai.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mashaallah; a very nice and well kept ride. After going through the forum, I must appreciate that you are not only a car lover but are also very knowledgeable about automobiles.
    I am planning to buy a car and my budget is 1550k max. I was considering gli and planning to pend the CNG and tyre change for later. I need your advice.
    If u had this budget, would u have gone for gli or a city?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tahir186
    Sir my budget was good but i still went for city.....reasons welll....i dont intend on running my car on cng so on petrol the consumption of city is better. 2nd reason is the driving pleasure is more in a city and i drive my car myself, incase driver ka scene hota tau i might have considered Gli. Only drawback i find in the city USE WISE is the seat comfort....as one of my friends once sat for a ride in my city (that guy himself owns a cherry qq) , his first comment was....iski seats wattay ki bani hain kya?..thats it..if ur fine with that then the rest is all good about city. The interior quality is another issue which in my opinion doesnt matter too much kyun k Gli may bhee koi leather trim blah blah bling bling nahee ata...its just somewhat better.

Some people say the citys cokpit space is less but id say itna bhee kum nahee hay...of course its cabin isnt as big as a Gli but its good enough for the purposes for which a Gli wud most prolly be used.

Resale isnt too much of a consideration for me so im fine with the city but lets say if it WAS a big factor then i wuda definitely given more weightage to Gli.

Overall i think the upcoming Altis 1.6 is a better option to wait for n meanwhile arrange the added 1 lac which u will be needing alongwith 15.5 to get it into ur porch otherwise if it HAS TO BE between city n Gli then u have to suit ur own needs....if u want a ride which goes everywhere...best resale...very good seat comfort...spacious....soft suspension n is ok if doesnt give above 14.5 km/l on long route then Gli is ur car but if u want good accelerations...awesome looks....awesome fuel consumptions at reduced speeds like driving at 80 in 5th gear u can easily grab above 19km/l....awesome airconditioner despite hard seats then City is ur car. Hope my opinion is of some help. Cheers!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^very well put.

@tahir 186

I'd like to add that, if you intend to use it on cng later than you must go for the new city. Its works like a charm! No idling aur pick issues like in the NEW gli. I did my research quite well before buying one and yes the new corolla doesn't run well on cng. I got mines cng'd 2 weeks back and it gives me 130kms inside the city in Rs 460 worth of gas which is around Rs 3.5/km. It would easily do 180+ on the highway i presume.

@stringay

Brother i'm unhappy about 2 things. First the rikshaw and motor bikes sound which penetrates inside the cabin. Do you feel the same in your car or it is just me?

Secondly I don't know if there's something wrong with my car since i bought it second hand, I hear this strange hissing sound from the compressor when I depress the accelerator while change the gears. Is it normal?

What engine oil have you been using in your car?
    1. Live and LET Live !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cong.

MASHALLAH

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mqsdrana
    Thanks brother.

@rawfay

Yes cabin noise was too much of an issue until i got yoko Dbs installed...since then there is much reduction in noise (thus the stock tires are worthless)....it hasnt disappeared though....the suspension on the new city is stiff and this must be kept in mind...u just CANT get that corolla sort of softness no matter wat u do so the noise IS going to be there no matter wat coz this is Pakistan and every other surface is mis-aligned or rough or somethin like that. Thats why people say that the corolla goes everywhere but the City likes its name is meant for the city...not suburbs or rough roads.

Thers no HISS that ive noticed while depressing the accelerator in my car for gear change however i will try to note it religiously to see wats with it....meanwhile for trouble shooting wat u can do is to drive someone elses car of same model to try to see whether the problems replicates in others cars or not. My guess is its something that Uve noticed n is pretty normal for this model but u never know....

Engine oil has been changed once uptil now (the 5000 km oil change) n i got the synthetic one from Honda....total oil change costed around 2300 or so if i recall correctly. I believe the best one to be used is the MOBIL 1 (completely synthetic, internationally in use in porches, ferraris etc) available in the market for around 3500 rs...then the ZIC XQ(completey synthetic) and ZIC A+ (They write completely synthetic on the pack but most people say its a Semi-synth not a fully synth but its really good value for money). Honda people dont allow you to use any oil of ur choice....it voids the engine warranty so they have just 2 grades available for the new city in Pakistan....one is normal (around 1500 rs) and one is synthetic (around 2000 rs)....Rest is upto u.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Stingray and Rawfay
    Thanks for your opinions, bros.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tahir186
    Any time brother.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please do show me the pix...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Masha Allah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fouadbakht
    Thanks bhai!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@awesome looks
    no sir...i dont agree this goes to gli as well...rest, agreed with prioroty theory

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dey are needed... plz uplod em...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Waleed80

Well, looks are a relative thing u know....they have a beauty contest in Congo too u know....try bringing those babes to Pakistan n have em participate in a beauty pageant...hehehehehe. But yes ur right the gli has awesome looks....just to me the city looks better than Gli...just my preference but yes one thing that cosmetic upgrades shape in the corolla which is yet to be launched...i like it more than city...so it all depends....u tell hows ur plan of gettin the new rolla? up for it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@stingray
    no sir....dropped...BIG time...cause of NO CNG in pakistan and soaring high prices of petrol....90 rupees a liter...is insane .......m seriously planning to buy a used honda 70 (yeah...u heard me rite) to shuttle between my office and house inshAllah....no other option left gonna cost me way less than a new gli anyways

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations, drive safe. MashAllah looking hot
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MashALlah
    "Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Beautiful CORPSE "
    How much horsepower gain do you get from your NOS sticker ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

User Tag List