I would like to highlight few engine related issues on Honda City 2006 and looking for a fix
1) RPM vibrates on CNG
2) Car turns on Petrol and then automatically switches on CNG then goes off. City is unable to maintain the RPM that why it immediately engine shuts off on CNG after start
3) Very sensitive to Air Filters, If you will try to install a Air Filter of any other brand then RPM is directly affected.
4) You have to clean the air filter after every one thousand kilometers otherwise car cannot maintain same RPM on CNG.
5) I don’t see any advantage of 8 Spark plugs where they have to be replaced after every 10,000 km and expenditure becomes double in buying those plugs as compared to 4 standard plugs in Toyata Corolla and Liana.
6) What the point of 8 spark plugs once car cannot even maintain the similar RPM on CNG under different conditions
Following highlights my Maintenance schedule on City 2006
1) Throttle body is clean and washed after every 10,000 km and sometimes even earlier then this
2) Plugs are cleaned after every 5,000 km and replaced after every 10,000 km
3) Air Filter is cleaned after every 10,000 km and replaced after every 8000 km
4) Oil and Oil filters are changed after every 50,000 km
5) Tapped settings after every 20,000 km
6) CNG kit cleaning and servicing after every 20,000 km and at times even earlier.
Since I am very punctual on maintenance and very keen on maintaining my car, I don’t understand where I am making a mistake.
1) Total Mileage 81,000 km
2) Engine I-DSI
3) Color Vague Silver
4) No Accidents
5) Due to aggressive nature of my driving, Brakes are replaced after every 30,000 km and Clutch plates, Clutch bearings, Pressure Plates were replaced at 75000 km.
Comparison with different Brands
1) Never faced any such problems on Corolla 2007, looks like Honda City is more sensitive car.
2) Perfect starting on Liana, RPM never drops, Never have to clean Air Filter so often, Never have to replace Air Filter so often. Always maintain RPM and engine wise a very stable car. Car does not minds even if we try Air Filter of any other brand. Never have to replace Plugs so often.
Kindly suggest, as I think I am missing something important while maintaining City 2006.
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad