Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Suspension job Honda City 2006

AoA guys,
    lately, i have been noticing some kinda sounds from my car's front end.at first, i thought its the lose engine sheet (the one below the engine to resist water splashing on engine) which is just moving around and touching other parts hence creating noises.well, the noise isnt much.today, i got some time to spend on my car so took of the front wheels to have easier access to fasten the sheet properly.while examining the suspension, i saw that the "Chimta bush" (dont know the proper word) has completed its life.it has started to crack and needs to be replaced. talked to my mechanic on fone and he said its around 2hrs job.

Well, what i wanted to ask here is that what other bushes/small suspension parts might be at the end of their life? keep in mind that my car has done 174,000kms on average/not so good roads and this would be the first time im gonna get something done to the suspension.my mechanic says u dont need to change anything else if theres no problem, he says 174k kms is more then enough to kill the chimta bush.
    i wanted to know are there any other bushes etc which might need a change soon? as i cant park my car again for like 2hrs at workshop within the next month or two.i ll get all of it done 1 time. and oh, let me write here that my car has 185/65/r14 sized tyres while original is 165/80/r13.

also suggest what good brands are available in open market (honda OEM parts would be my priority but these morons here {sargodha} dont even maintain enough inventory of Honda oil) and also mention the price if u know.

Thanks and regards

Ahmad Bilal

When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    AoA guys,
    lately, i have been noticing some kinda sounds from my car's front end.at first, i thought its the lose engine sheet (the one below the engine to resist water splashing on engine) which is just moving around and touching other parts hence creating noises.well, the noise isnt much.today, i got some time to spend on my car so took of the front wheels to have easier access to fasten the sheet properly.while examining the suspension, i saw that the "Chimta bush" (dont know the proper word) has completed its life.it has started to crack and needs to be replaced. talked to my mechanic on fone and he said its around 2hrs job.

Well, what i wanted to ask here is that what other bushes/small suspension parts might be at the end of their life? keep in mind that my car has done 174,000kms on average/not so good roads and this would be the first time im gonna get something done to the suspension.my mechanic says u dont need to change anything else if theres no problem, he says 174k kms is more then enough to kill the chimta bush.
    i wanted to know are there any other bushes etc which might need a change soon? as i cant park my car again for like 2hrs at workshop within the next month or two.i ll get all of it done 1 time. and oh, let me write here that my car has 185/65/r14 sized tyres while original is 165/80/r13.

also suggest what good brands are available in open market (honda OEM parts would be my priority but these morons here {sargodha} dont even maintain enough inventory of Honda oil) and also mention the price if u know.

Thanks and regards

Ahmad Bilal
    Get 'fuji' origional japanies bushes cost you around 500 for big one and 350 for small one for one side brace (chimta).
    Do check the balance rod bushes,balance rod ends,balls jointed with braces (chimtas).
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir 174K KMs are more then enough.

OE tire size is 185/70 R13.
    Readers are Leaders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

change it or i might creat problem 4 u in futcher so it and u r car has run a lot of km
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks guys... wanted to get the job done today but due to rain, cudnt do it! will try to find some time during the week or else, next sunday :/
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    Sir 174K KMs are more then enough.

OE tire size is 185/70 R13.
    sir stock size is 165/13, not 185.i ve used 50,000kms on 195s and rest on 185s.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List