Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honda city 2009(Starting problem)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda city 2009(Starting problem)

Hello,

I have a City 09 new shape, recently its CAT converter chocked(the first one). Went to Honda Pitshop new one was costing 65k. Removal of it was for 25k. I managed to get the contact of the guy at honda workshop who was suppose to do it, met him last sunday and he removed, the difference was he was not wearing the uniform and it costed me 3500rs. Iron plates were installed to stop the flow as the CAT does and also sensors remain quite but holes are big in those plates. Pick is increased along with a roar after 4k rpm. Everything was fine until last 48 Hours. The car refused to start on battery on 4 and 5 starts. Bought a new battery 50 amp AGS and same thing happened again. The Honda guy also cleaned throttle body, plugs, airintake the one over the gaskit and adjusted the valves and did whatever he can what they do in the workshop all for 3500 Rs. I have no cng n the car is on 100% High octane of caltex since birth.

Question is why the car is not starting in the first morning while once its started it works all day long and starts on first attempt! Yesterday i had a push start(not the one with a key less entry but a DHAKKA START lols!)

all in all i need some logical answers from you fellows, Zulfiqar Sb is highly needed!

Ahmad!

Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you see any engine check light once you start it by pushing? Could it be that one of the sensors got damaged during that CAT removal session?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i personally see a sensor malfunctioning, but then you should see a engine check light. . after removal of battery your ECU already reset. call the same guy and ask him to rectify the problem.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no check light n reseted the ecu also.
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your car will have poor fuel economy now due to removal of the cat.

Secondly the starting issues you're facing could be a weak starter motor. What kind of a response does your car give when you crank it?
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

starts...1second n turn off! all sensors are fine. by removing cat there will be minor difference in mileage in the end minus 20 kms in a tank if im nt wrong. anyways what u think shall i go for a new cat ? im afraid it will chock again as it works till 1 lac plus minus 30 k kms in europe and in Pakistan its dead at 30 k kms even though i use pure hobc unleaded. it means the high octane fuel which we get in Pakistan is just something as pure super petrol tagged as hobc else y on earth it chocked?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well, i dont see a removed CAT as a reason of engine not starting.even if theres a fault in sensors, it shud only register an error (check engine light) but should start as normal. may be some ur mechanic screwed the valve clearence setting on ur car!!
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i called him he said bring ur ship and we will check it via module interface.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@legal
    how much mileage ur car has? i dont think CAT can choke so soon.i got a part of CAT out after it broke due to impact, at that time, mileage of my car was near 1 lakh as far as i can remember and CAT was as clean as new.i think there was no need to cut it out unless it was choked.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    well, i dont see a removed CAT as a reason of engine not starting.even if theres a fault in sensors, it shud only register an error (check engine light) but should start as normal. may be some ur mechanic screwed the valve clearence setting on ur car!!

exactly Ahmad, may be he tightened the valves a lot and the car struggles to start.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro i bought it used n the guy swron that its real mileage is 17000 when it came in my hand n according to him it was on high octane n i also used the same but brake pads were finished when it clocked 18 k which made me doubt him

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

starts...1second n turn off! all sensors are fine. by removing cat there will be minor difference in mileage in the end minus 20 kms in a tank if im nt wrong. anyways what u think shall i go for a new cat ? im afraid it will chock again as it works till 1 lac plus minus 30 k kms in europe and in Pakistan its dead at 30 k kms even though i use pure hobc unleaded. it means the high octane fuel which we get in Pakistan is just something as pure super petrol tagged as hobc else y on earth it chocked?
    So the engine fires and runs and then shuts off? Have your fuel filter checked out and also the injectors. This could be a choked filter or faulting injectors. That might also explain why your cat failed this early.

Secondly, the cat is supposed to last 100,000kms easily. My Civic is about to hit the 40,000 mark soon and the cat is fine. I did remove the cat and replaced it with a test pipe for 3,000km and trust me I put it back on:

a) My fuel economy dropped from 11km/l to 8km/l
    b) The car became noisier
    c) The car was running far too rich, and the fumes were annoying

I can understand removing the cat in a sports car but not in any family-use sedan. Makes no sense what-so-ever.

I'll also advise strongly against Caltex and Total petrol pumps. They have terrible fuel quality. The only fuel I can recommend is Shell.

I have no cng n the car is on 100% High octane of caltex since birth.
    Honda City (or Civic for that matter) does not require premium fuel, you are not only wasting your money, its not good for the engine. I would recommend you switch to Shell, and at most mix hi-octane (in a 30-70 ratio) if you really want to "go all out".
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thnks brother^ i think hobc is super or supreme in a refined form thats it , still ill try shell. and the honda guy told me over the phone to check the fuel pump pressure with a machine from outside as they dont have it. over night stay makes the fuel line dry n requires full pressure to throw petrol till engine which failed to do so n this happens. it seems to make sense. ill check fuel filter but it lasts i think more thn 50 k if m nt wrong. injectors ill clean them asap

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont think removal of cat converter is the reason behind the morning crank problem.
    It could be fuel related problem. I would suggest u to check abnd clean the whole fuel system including - fuel filter, fuel injectors, fuel pump pressure, both inflow and outflow fuel lines.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if the brake pads gave up at 18,000kms, im almost 100% sure its not 18000kms at all... im an aggressive driver n my cars' brake pads last around 35,000kms.easy drivers can extend it to 45000kms too.i think the last owner tempered its mileage

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmm i guess ill follow tayyabs suggestions n if its not fruitfull will sale the car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ur right ahmad its meter is reversed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its very easy to reverse ecu based meters, a guy told me that its a matter of 5 mins. just connect the laptop with your ecu and bring the mileage to whatever number you feel like. so i becomes very difficult to identify reversed meter, cuz you dont open the meter, only condition of the car can give you the idea about mileage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default better to check the fuel pump at first...

Quote Originally Posted by Legal_rebel View Post
    thnks brother^ i think hobc is super or supreme in a refined form thats it , still ill try shell. and the honda guy told me over the phone to check the fuel pump pressure with a machine from outside as they dont have it. over night stay makes the fuel line dry n requires full pressure to throw petrol till engine which failed to do so n this happens. it seems to make sense. ill check fuel filter but it lasts i think more thn 50 k if m nt wrong. injectors ill clean them asap
    this is the first thing i would do, to check the fuel pump. also double check the battery with volt meter.
    just pump the accelerator 2 times in the morning, and if it starts without the previous problems, then definitely have the fuel pump checked. LX will help to prolong the fuel pump life but if it is already damaged just replace it. am not sure but should not be too expensive. (first check if it is damaged!) Allah Hafiz!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List