0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Performance of new Honda city Automatic on CNG

Guys i need to buy an automatic car and looking at the current fuel prices I think that a shift to CNG will be inevitable. Does anyone own or know anyone who owns the new honda city automatic with CNG? If yes, then what is your experience/observation?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by elledriver View Post
    Guys i need to buy an automatic car and looking at the current fuel prices I think that a shift to CNG will be inevitable. Does anyone own or know anyone who owns the new honda city automatic with CNG? If yes, then what is your experience/observation?
    Mere bhai, buy a suzuki. If you cant afford petrol then just buy a suzuki that works good on cng. Dont kill Hpnda City by putting it on CNG. I owned a City 2009 model but manual trany. The fuel economy is superb. The best in 1300cc. But you will kill the car if you convert it to gas. just try n manage bros...
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by abdulkarim View Post
    Mere bhai, buy a suzuki. If you cant afford petrol then just buy a suzuki that works good on cng. Dont kill Hpnda City by putting it on CNG. I owned a City 2009 model but manual trany. The fuel economy is superb. The best in 1300cc. But you will kill the car if you convert it to gas. just try n manage bros...
    Agrrreeed
    Just because you're friendly doesn't mean you're insincere Of course..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We see Cygnus queued in CNG lines

My observation is non EFI engines works best with CNG. I had 2004 Cultus (non EFI) and I drove it ~85% of 1,60,000Kms on CNG and it never gave any issue. Now we have 2008 (EFI) Cultus and its drive on CNG is not that good. Both factory fitted CNG!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you r rite abduulkarrim by the way app ki city 2009 app ko kia feul average dati hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tornado99 View Post
    you r rite abduulkarrim by the way app ki city 2009 app ko kia feul average dati hai
    lemme telll u my city give in city fuel average 15/18km n on highway 20/23km petrolll!!!
    Just because you're friendly doesn't mean you're insincere Of course..

fso
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dude when have to pay fuel from ur pocket i bet ur theory be diff ...i was the same way and i have to pay for from my pocket now i know the value of cng ....
    r3act

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buy automatic cuore with ff cng

on the other hand, auto city can be converted on cng. but dont expect great consumption numbers like the manual one gives
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    dude when have to pay fuel from ur pocket i bet ur theory be diff ...i was the same way and i have to pay for from my pocket now i know the value of cng ....
    What do you mean from our own pocket. We dont pay from any ones pocket. I pay my fuel with my own hard earned money. Allhamdulillah. I own a civic prosematic 2010, toyota IST 2005 and Landcruiser Prado 98 mode. All running on petrol and prado on diesel. But now im using prado less often coz the diesel prices are breaking my back. Honda Prosematic gives me good milage on petrol. Full tank runs for 575 to 600km. which i believe is ok.

My city (sold) use to give me 15km/ltr in city and above 20km/ltr on highways...

My theory is: Petrol keeps your engine alive while gas turns into bad. at the day end, you will spend the amount of money saved from CNG to repair your engine....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dani123 View Post
    lemme telll u my city give in city fuel average 15/18km n on highway 20/23km petrolll!!!
    oh great yar i have city 2011nodel but i hardly get 10 t0 11km/l i drive very smothly how can i get millege like u

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

perhaps the 1.3L automatic city would be unsuitable for CNG-- -in india the current city is available in 1.5 L only. Manual tarnsmission 1.3L city has alwas been excellent with a CNG kit. Maybe abetter option owuld be to get the new GLi automatic 1.6L. Im sure its fuel econ while driving in town would be only 1 km less per litre than the automatic city. also, a 1.6 L engine in automatic transmission would better handle CNG.
    Just check out the corolla ppt slideshow in the new corolla forum. it clearly shows that the automatic version is slower initially i.e going from 0 to 60. after that, its faster than the manual car. that is the case with all automatic cars. on cng, the initial accaleration is further slowed, hence making the automatic car slower in the 0-60km/hr speed range (which also happens to make more than 80% of our in town driving).
    my current vehicles and experience with CNG
    Corolla 1998 manual (carburetor zindabad)-210,000km-170,000km on CNG
    Civic EXI 2006 manual (EFI)-60,000km-50,000km on CNG
    Civic vti oriel automatic (EFI) 2005-100,000km-50,000km on CNG
    All the above three vehicles have given me excellent service. the automatic vti handles excellently. so odes the exi. the corolla is a bit slow initially but you never notice it in town.

fso
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulkarim View Post
    What do you mean from our own pocket. We dont pay from any ones pocket. I pay my fuel with my own hard earned money. Allhamdulillah. I own a civic prosematic 2010, toyota IST 2005 and Landcruiser Prado 98 mode. All running on petrol and prado on diesel. But now im using prado less often coz the diesel prices are breaking my back. Honda Prosematic gives me good milage on petrol. Full tank runs for 575 to 600km. which i believe is ok.

My city (sold) use to give me 15km/ltr in city and above 20km/ltr on highways...

My theory is: Petrol keeps your engine alive while gas turns into bad. at the day end, you will spend the amount of money saved from CNG to repair your engine....

true but here what i think i might be wrong but a person who earns money and works hard cant own those rides u just mentioned that person would know the value of money ...and by others pocket i mean dads pocket i used to drive my every ride in petrol which i still do but ever since my dad cut me off now i know the value of money try save where i can thats what i mean if u have to go to office u can go in a mehran rather then civic u still be in a car the biggest prb in our country is that we are to much status conscious we like to drive mercedes and civic where as we cant even afford them we just do it to impress people and where as driving a car in petrol or cng well unless u wanna race then its whole other story and where as engine lifes go im sure every one here sell there cars max after 3 to 4 years and by then the ride dont give any prbs other owner should be worry when he buys it ...
    r3act

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

not getting off the topic,i bought city 2o09 model (current shape) in auto.and it sucked big time on cng.eventually i ended up selling it.this is because car has 5 gears at D and starts gear hunting frequently.on petrol its a must have and on gas its a brain tumor.
    if u want city on gas get idsi model in manual.my personel experiance was g0od.
    best of luck
    mAin tE h0nDa hE lAisAn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

city 03-09 autos are not good to run on cng.if u own this model city, better sell it, buy a manual one and get cng in it. if u have a 09-11 model auto, then cng will be okay for it.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    true but here what i think i might be wrong but a person who earns money and works hard cant own those rides u just mentioned that person would know the value of money ...and by others pocket i mean dads pocket i used to drive my every ride in petrol which i still do but ever since my dad cut me off now i know the value of money try save where i can thats what i mean if u have to go to office u can go in a mehran rather then civic u still be in a car the biggest prb in our country is that we are to much status conscious we like to drive mercedes and civic where as we cant even afford them we just do it to impress people and where as driving a car in petrol or cng well unless u wanna race then its whole other story and where as engine lifes go im sure every one here sell there cars max after 3 to 4 years and by then the ride dont give any prbs other owner should be worry when he buys it ...
    @FSO:

your comments clearly states what the forum speaks off. If i cant afford city on petrol, I would simply buy Mehran. But if Allah has blessed me with a good job and part time bussiness that pays well, why wud I put civic or city on Gas. If i cant afford, I will buy Mehran. My last car on CNG was Baleno 2005. It ran awesome and I enjoyed the car. Now I am blessed allhamdulillah, so i wanna enjoy my ride on petrol. So i have my cars on petrol. If i cant afford, I wud sell them and buy a smaller car on CNG.

Im sure alot of people wud say "lets put Civic or city on CNG". Thats status concious "palle nahi dane, amma chali bunane".. they wanna use a big car in less amount of money..but i believe, if one can afford to buy city or civic, then he/she must have the earning to drive the car on petrol.. so mere bhai, im not status concious as u remarked.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in simple words: People driving mercedes or bigger cars on CNG are status concious.

Let me ask you a question: Why does Allah bless someone? to keep the money in bank account or to enjoy the luxury of life and thank the almighty for the blessings? I dont wanna die thinking i never drove a civic or prado coz i wanted to save money!!! Think.......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys
    Why so many judgmental remarks.. you are hilarious!

If I want to have billions in my savings and still want to commute around on a bicycle or get a loan to buy a land cruiser its MY CHOICE! so be it!

coming back to the "topic"

I own a manual one running on petrol but when i bought my city the Honda guys told me that the older IDSI had some issues with CNG especially the gear box of auto tranny as it would 'blow' after 30 to 40 K hence they have installed the iVTEC in the newer one.
    Still it would be interesting to see what the owners of auto on CNG have to say.
    Drive carefully! Remember, it's not only a car that can be recalled by it's maker.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok so one of my colleagues got auto city and got CNG installled
    landi ranzo kit, 60 cylinder, 2 in 1, emulator advancer.
    price 48k, car gear change is smooth with AC. its on its 3rd refill so i will tell u whats its mileage after re adjustment

Performance of new Honda city Automatic on CNG -257346

Performance of new Honda city Automatic on CNG -257347
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2011 Honda City works AT works without any sort of issues on CNG whatsoever! Period!

(regardless of whatever u are hearing from people here and specially those telling u to buy suzukis if u cant afford petrol)
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no need to put cng on new city..its mileage is superb on petrol...
    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Fingers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List