44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default check engine light in city idsi 2005

Today I bought my new ride its 2005 city idsi the problem is that after travelling for 2-3 kms on CNG the check engine light turned on at first I didnot recognize what it is it was in orange colour. after about 2 hours i again started the car to show my family members and when i accelerated the car at 5k rpms the light again appeared after 2-3 minutes it shut off the engine than when i started again the light did not glow.PS the light did not glow till 4.75k rpm is that normal or anything fishy is going on. The pick of the car is awesome and on way it touched 60km/hr in second gear at 4000 rpm on CNG i think thats good

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont know what setup you are using on cng, basically when on cng the timing needs to be advanced by means of an advancer and an emulator is used to shutdown the injectors..

these two electrical parts sometimes cause the check engine light to light up

btw is the light coming on when the car is on petrol too?
    its all about power to weight ratio...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes it does come on at above 4.5k rpm and the car was on petrol.

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

try cleaning the sensor in the air intake & also disconnect the battery n reconnect it,see if it helps
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

memon so finally you bought city
    mubarak ho!!!!
    i would suggest you to right this issue in honda city fan club ahmedbila and others will
    be able to help you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zohaib2226 View Post
    memon so finally you bought city
    mubarak ho!!!!
    i would suggest you to right this issue in honda city fan club ahmedbila and others will
    be able to help you
    For the time being the car has been parked I will wake it up after 14 june thats when my papers end although I will be starting it daily then I will create a separate thread because i want to make the car 100% whenever you buy old cars you have to spend some extra money to make it to your taste

BTW I did 60km/hr on second gear on CNG with AC at 4000 rpms is that good I know that the car needs tuning and tappet adjustment

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by a_n_memon88 View Post
    For the time being the car has been parked I will wake it up after 14 june thats when my papers end although I will be starting it daily then I will create a separate thread because i want to make the car 100% whenever you buy old cars you have to spend some extra money to make it to your taste

BTW I did 60km/hr on second gear on CNG with AC at 4000 rpms is that good I know that the car needs tuning and tappet adjustment

attaining 60 kph in second gear is no test of the car being good or not, even a weak engine can do a feat like this because its on no load.

the mileage, oil consumption (if any) and engine smoothness, feel will tell you the state of the engine
    its all about power to weight ratio...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuncha View Post
    attaining 60 kph in second gear is no test of the car being good or not, even a weak engine can do a feat like this because its on no load.

the mileage, oil consumption (if any) and engine smoothness, feel will tell you the state of the engine
    Actually I bought the car myself on my own without any mechanic and denter at present I dont have any time to get it checked I was getting it at reasonable price thats why I bought it. The owner started the cold car in front of me and there were no bubbles in radiator also there was no smoke from oil lid or engine oil cover the car has only done 84000km and the engine is very smooth even on CNG with AC although its tappet are very loose so the car is not responding to the full. Also i noticed that when i parked the car at night there was smell of petrol from its exhaust so I think its mixture is also not set and check engine light could glow because of that still I am not sure want expert opinion on petrol it glows after 4.5k rpms and after some time may be 2-3 min goes off or if you shut off your car and then ignite it again it goes off as normal

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by a_n_memon88 View Post
    Actually I bought the car myself on my own without any mechanic and denter at present I dont have any time to get it checked I was getting it at reasonable price thats why I bought it. The owner started the cold car in front of me and there were no bubbles in radiator also there was no smoke from oil lid or engine oil cover the car has only done 84000km and the engine is very smooth even on CNG with AC although its tappet are very loose so the car is not responding to the full. Also i noticed that when i parked the car at night there was smell of petrol from its exhaust so I think its mixture is also not set and check engine light could glow because of that still I am not sure want expert opinion on petrol it glows after 4.5k rpms and after some time may be 2-3 min goes off or if you shut off your car and then ignite it again it goes off as normal
    same was the problem with me dear after getting it tuned, i ve done the following two procedures and the check light was gone:
    1. gone to CNG Expert, he tightened the air filter box and done some CNG adjustment
    2. removed the Battery terminal for 10-15 mins
    the check light was gone. and now its going on smooth again. plz also contact ahmed bila he would also suggest u some good things to do.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtazee View Post
    same was the problem with me dear after getting it tuned, i ve done the following two procedures and the check light was gone:
    1. gone to CNG Expert, he tightened the air filter box and done some CNG adjustment
    2. removed the Battery terminal for 10-15 mins
    the check light was gone. and now its going on smooth again. plz also contact ahmed bila he would also suggest u some good things to do.
    i will definitely talk to him when my exams are over

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List