Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2009 Software Upgrade messed my car

Hey Guys,

I need to know if i am the only one with this problem as Honda Point people certainly dont agree with me. So i took my car for a 25k mileage maintenance check. The guy said there is a new software update for my car which will remove the knocking that happened on a few occasions. I said why not.
    Anyways after the software upgrade my car's RPM meter always stay at 900rpm at the minimum.
    Driving in the city areas my car used to give around 350-375 km in a full tank but now it gives 250-300km which is just ridiculous. On highway the fuel consumption is just fine giving me over 500km per full tank.

I had a little argument at Honda Point and finally they just said its company upgrade, the rpm is supposed to stay at 900 even if AC is off and they cant do anything about it.

Has this happened to anyone else or am i the only one in this boat?

Regards,

XubX

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in summers, my 2010 city does about 400 kms in a full tank in the city and about 500 kms on the highway.
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!53562~ForumID!29~pw.html

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Well i never got that much mileage anywayys. to show the seriousness of my issue look at the following photos. Full tank does less than 250km at around 7km/l.
    I have to stop a lot of times in the city waiting in the car but still this is pathetic

Honda City 2009 Software Upgrade messed my car - img0120ayth
    Honda City 2009 Software Upgrade messed my car - img0121lsth

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Please define TUNING? - That engine is not mechanically adjustable. Everything is controlled by the ECU. the injector duty cycle, the ignition timing, the VTEC actuation, the A/C.

I remember you also came up with EFI engines not having injectors in another thread. Is this one of the same scams.
    o my great friend still u r trying to arguer
    Plz note first that PW is a social website, we canot see each other but our words r reflecting our image , so donot heat up .....like a radiator....hahahahahaha ( joke )
    ok now i come to that point which u want to understand about tuning,
    brother tuning doesn't mean that which u have in ur engineer mind......
    May b u don't know the flash file also .....so donont worry i will tri to clear ur idea and concept.....................

As u said that
    That engine is not mechanically adjustable. Everything is controlled by the ECU.
    My brother there r some parameters in ECU , that need to configure,
    and if they changed the ECU its mean ECU requires all new configuration.......Now to do that configuration or changing that is called tunning in EFI engine
    Now u will have one question in ur ggggggggggggggggreat mind ( donot mind buddy u r my brother )
    that why we need to Chang configuration.......
    i can tell u but may be u mix up every thing and can creat a big mess in ur mind, so that i will tell later.........

NOTE = EVERY body still remain in learning throughout his life till death
    Dont worry .....i am not saying that.....said by Chinese people
    What an Idea SIR G.......

5. 01-08-2011, 04:38 PM

PakWheeler

Reason
    Not needed

6. 01-08-2011, 04:44 PM

PakWheeler

Reason
    Not needed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sohna View Post
    Plz note first that PW is a social website, we canot see each other but our words r reflecting our image , so donot heat up .....like a radiator....hahahahahaha ( joke )
    May b u don't know the flash file also .....so donont worry i will tri to clear ur idea and concept.....................

As u said that
    That engine is not mechanically adjustable. Everything is controlled by the ECU.
    and if they changed the ECU its mean ECU requires all new configuration.......Now to do that configuration or changing that is called tunning in EFI engine
    Now u will have one question in ur ggggggggggggggggreat mind ( donot mind buddy u r my brother )
    i can tell u but may be u mix up every thing and can creat a big mess in ur mind, so that i will tell later.........

NOTE = EVERY body still remain in learning throughout his life till death
    Well its somebody else's argument and forgive me PW admins for jumping in place of the addressee. But I believe values must be practiced in honor of senior and contributing memebers.

@Mr. Sohna
    Sir, please keep in mind. PAKWHEELS is NOT a social network by definition.. Its a ground for technical issues and developments, issue resolution through feedback of knowledgeable members so that everyone reading gets benefited. So your jokes and your brotherly gestures don't replace a valid argument. I think you mistook it to facebook where a simple smiley creates wonders. Well it doesnt, not here.

Coming to your statement about self made engineers, well i would not be doing justice without bringing your above quoted thoughts to the court. Can you please explain what possibly is the difference between the flash file and the software. Because none of your above statements makes any sense. I would love to be enlightened. And we at pakwheels are very good spotters. We can quickly spot whose bluffing with shallow words.

And to the difference b/w EFI and fuel injection system, please please explain what this mystery is. Perhaps you were referring to the old plunger diesel injections and fuel injection system. Well in that case, due to considerable change of dictionary, I and forced to admit that you are right. But I am sorry, that dictionary doesn't work here.

PS: Respect senior members. Review your thoughts when posting after reading their membership duration and contribution to the forums.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

8. 01-08-2011, 09:44 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    Not needed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sohna View Post

As u said that
    and if they changed the ECU its mean ECU requires all new configuration.......Now to do that configuration or changing that is called tunning in EFI engine.

NOTE = EVERY body still remain in learning throughout his life till death.
    Please read the original post once again - slowly without a cigarrette in your mouth and with a cup of tez chai.

The ECU was never replaced - they flashed it with new parameters, its done all over the world, and is very acceptable - what you defined as tuning is a brick wall here.

The engine operation is the output of the ECU, (just like a printer is to a CPU) - if you change the operating parameters in the ECU, you change the tune of the engine - in this case its ignition timing retardation to prevent preignition (knock). How does "configuration" change apply here?

What profession/business are you in - as you consistently are trying to preach about flash file etc.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wink

To control knocking try a mixture of 80% Super - 20% High Octane fuel It will be gone by that.

- Flash Flash Flash ... sounds like a photographer !
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Please read the original post once again - slowly without a cigarrette in your mouth and with a cup of tez chai.

The ECU was never replaced - they flashed it with new parameters, its done all over the world, and is very acceptable - what you defined as tuning is a brick wall here.

The engine operation is the output of the ECU, (just like a printer is to a CPU) - if you change the operating parameters in the ECU, you change the tune of the engine - in this case its ignition timing retardation to prevent preignition (knock). How does "configuration" change apply here?

What profession/business are you in - as you consistently are trying to preach about flash file etc.
    Plz trie to understand what i am saying slowly slowly with out WOMOTING and keep ur mind on that specific point .
    Tuning is not to change the timing of Engine but Tuning involves a lot of configuration to redo.
    A lot of other parameters related to fuel require to change when we say that we r going to do the tuning on ECU engine.
    I know once u come up with that statement ....that tuning is just to chang timing .....................
    Plz relax and trie to understand the basics first.
    Even from a Begnieer person
    and donot think that u r old here and u can know more then any body...else .............
    U under stand

I give simple statement but people make it difficult because if u don't want to understand any thing u will; raise unnecessary points which make me more to understand my nation.
    Mao Zedong (China )
    What an Idea SIR G.......

12. 02-08-2011, 01:48 PM

PakWheeler

Reason
    Offtopic

13. 02-08-2011, 04:38 PM

PakWheeler

14. 02-08-2011, 05:57 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This member comes up with the most off the wall concepts that you will know, in another post he came up with a statement that EFI engines do not have injectors, and started to argue that THEY DO NOT HAVE INJECTORS and fuel is mechanically adjusted, to top it all it was a technical help thread of someone elses.

Now this, What Mr Sohna is saying that engine tuning means engine configuration should be changed, WHY? when the same mechanical setup can cater to nearly every part of the world with different ECU setups, do we need to change something on it to cope with the flash.

the ECU flash can cater to all operating charecteristics of engine operating requirements, be it run with 10% alcohol mix fuel or with your regular brew 87 RON fuel you buy at the pump.

Your brain, your boat - whatever rocks it is best for you, I thought PW had a little sensible people on board - but actually saying that wrong is right, and then putting up chinese proverbs along with you learn from anything, anywhere.

Learn YES, most welcome - but something like 2 and 4 is 6 not 2 and 4 is 9 - then reasoning that if you see 9 upside down its six and hence true. I dont need to prove anything to anyone here, I did not go to Engg school to correct people's concepts on forums neither gather respect, For them the earth can be flat. I wouldnt care less.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

16. 02-08-2011, 07:45 PM

Senior PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by XubX View Post
    woah those are some scary pics indeed lolx.
    Anyways can any1 tell me what their honda city 2009-10 is giving them in a full tank driving within city and also on highway?
    I am shocked to see what you wrote about your fuel consumtion... mere bhai, I had 2009 model and it was giving me 450+ on fuel tank within the city... I use to put 40% hi oct and 60% super... I use to fill the fuel from specific fuel stations...

I believe you are either feeding your car with terrible fuel or your way of pushing the peddle is hard...

Honda city 2009 has one of the best fuel average when it comes to 1300cc engines...
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway!

18. 02-08-2011, 07:48 PM

Senior PakWheeler

19. 02-08-2011, 08:26 PM

PakWheeler

20. 02-08-2011, 08:37 PM

Senior PakWheeler

21. 03-08-2011, 10:59 AM

PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lets not forget that the topic here is the car and not any personalities or members so kindly remain on topic.

All off topic replies have been deleted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List