0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default need help regarding 15" tyres in Honda city 2005

I have fitted 15'' tyres and alloy rims in my honda city 2005. i want to know will it work. Will the speedometer give the correct reading ? also will there be any extra burden on the car axle. the original tyres are 13'' in honda city. Any major problem that i may face.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by umer100 View Post
    I have fitted 15'' tyres and alloy rims in my honda city 2005. i want to know will it work. Will the speedometer give the correct reading ? also will there be any extra burden on the car axle. the original tyres are 13'' in honda city. Any major problem that i may face.
    First visit the following websites for difference you will feel in speed and tyre size:
    Tire size calculator
    Visual Tyre Size Calculator | Kouki Tech

You may feel extra hardness on uneven roads, resulting extra pressure on axle. Moreover, fuel economy might also decrease.

However, there should not be any major issue. Road grip will increase ( depending upon tyre size e.g. 185/65/r15 or 195/65/r15 have better road grip than stock size in Honda City i.e. 165/80/r13)

Please share you tyre size and brand name. I am also planning to change the rims in my City 2005 to 195/65/R15. Have you feel that rear tyres touched the body with 5 passengers, on sudden jumps?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List