Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default City vario 2005 gear replacement

hi,

does anyone know what would it approx cost to replace the gear box from shershah, what time it usually takes to get the work done (remove gear, buy another, install and test). are there any categories in the replacement... like whole transmission chagne or soempart. are these gear repairable?
    thanks.

i have a city vario 2005, with gear issue.....gear noise/rpm drop abruptly(with a jerk)/requires heating up first before drive/rpm drops on sudden break applied/v bad response while fully loaded and while AC turned on............ caused by the cng. tunings, CVT oil change nothing worked and looking forward to replace gears.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go to Honda and ask them for a first clutch calibration. Its a test sequence and calibration of the variator brake and pulleys.

Shouldnt be that costly.

the junkyard imported transmissions are not compatible with the ECUs that Atlas Honda equipped these cars with, and the junkyard ECUs are not plug and play either.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

zulfiqar, thxs for your response. clutch calibration - is it a diagnostic test or some kind of cure? can be performed in a day?

about the j/y imp transmissions - so its not as simple as just installing the new one and life is easy? what steps usually taken or problems regarding the transmission/ECU compatibility. So I am wondering i have to leave the car at workshop for a week?

i heard the technician saying the gear belt might be loose, can they not just open it up and tight it easily

thanks again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you cannot simply open up and tighten the variator belt, its a metallic belt made up of thousands of small stapler pin like pieces) It cannot go loose as the variator pulleys have enough movement in them to keep it stretched.

The calibration is a test sequence done from the OBD port under the dashboard. Takes about half hour.

The replacement of the transmission takes 2 hours if done with the help of a lift and power tools, but the japanese one you will install have a different output speed sensing wheel inside it - meaning the ECU will constantly apply/release the variator pressure - and will result in a slipping drive. Overhauling is possible if you can get hold of new parts (very very expensive).
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your input helps. Gracias! so.. these local pitstop technicians cant really open up the box and repair/replace the effected area... and mostly go for a full gear box replacement from kabari mkt. and makes it compatible with ECU, thats also a reasonable amount of work?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

reasonable? - its a headache of work.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bump!!!
    City vario 2005 gear replacement - cartoons6City vario 2005 gear replacement - cartoons7City vario 2005 gear replacement - cartoons8

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i got my transmissions replaced. and it seems 90% of probs solved. one odd think i still feeling is a v little vibration/knocking sound when the engine is cold/morning and I drive it with AC turned on.
    Mechanic said (After some tests) that one of the cylinder has v low compression and it needs piston ring replaced.
    can any 1 tell if cylinder compression problem only caused by piston rings, would it resolve it after a replace.... piston ring replace means just rings replace or whole cylinder usually?
    thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you replaced the transmission with a compatible ECU or made one good transmission by using 2 others.

It also maybe that your car already had the import ECU - many many cars in Karachi are like that because its quite expensive to replace/rebuild the original installed CVT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the workshop techie told me they tried a couple of transmissions from kabari market, didnt work. the one that they installed finally was of the same model/pakistan assembeled vario.
    the vibration i feel is only for a few secs(like 20) whein in the mornings its started /AC on, and I put it into D right away... may be thats just normal? pardon my ignorance ..... but the mechanic said since 1 of cylinder with low compresion problem is not giving full power from the engine so is why it feels a slight vibration and when the engine power is back full it will be resolved.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How much did it cost you to change the gearbox+labour charges

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would like to know the cost as well. I have a 2005 City Vario, and the same issues are being faced as the ones mentioned above. Went to Honda about 2 weeks they said that when we will open it either the pulleys have to be replaced which costs around 35000PKR with labour charges included and if the whole thing is replaced then we are talking any where near 1 lakh, so as it was 50K check so got transmission oil changed and few other adjustments were made. Now i need to get this thing done, so where should i go in Islamabad? and how to go about. I heard it is a manufactured problem as i have 55000 km ODO meter, bought it brand new my self.
    Founding partner at Jeep safari Pakistan
    (www.jeepsafaripakistan.com / facebook.com/jeepsafaripakistan)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amigo1 View Post
    i got my transmissions replaced. and it seems 90% of probs solved. one odd think i still feeling is a v little vibration/knocking sound when the engine is cold/morning and I drive it with AC turned on.
    Mechanic said (After some tests) that one of the cylinder has v low compression and it needs piston ring replaced.
    can any 1 tell if cylinder compression problem only caused by piston rings, would it resolve it after a replace.... piston ring replace means just rings replace or whole cylinder usually?
    thanks
    how much is cost of CVT Gearbox for Honda City, also have you any idea about replacing CVT with Manual Gear box in honda city vario.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amigo1 View Post
    thanks
    kindly let me know how much it cost for the CVT replacement...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know the guy in karachi who is great in city cvt transmissions !!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

someone told me the junk yard price of vario gear is 70,000

hor cng lawao vario iich
    Speed thrills buttni kills

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salamz to all.
    I have honda city vario 2004. I have had some problems regarding gearbox.I went to honda classic and after having tests I was advised to replace the gear box as its much easy and cheeper than repairing the existing gear box. I went to rawalpindi and searched for the gear box. its really cheep but have its own pros and cons. first of all its japnees gear box as no pakistani gear box available in pindi local market. ITS NOT COMPATIBLE with pakistani city unless you change the internal parts I mean you have to change three toothed wheels inside your old gear box to the japnees gear. I learnt from the mechanic that its number of teeth difference inthe pakistani and japnees gear which makes the difference.You have to pay 1000 to 2000 for this conversion than your gear box is ready for installation.
    I have changed the gear box my problems regading transmission were solved BUT I am facing a new problem now. this new transmission does not work well on cng
    I am facing problems when I drive it on cng especially when ac is turned on. it sinks when I am on low speed or when have to stop than rpm falls and some strange kind of noises arrise along with small jerks.
    Now gathering info on this topic. I should be highly obliged if any body shares its experince regarding this problem

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LoL u destroyed one gear box now trying to screw the second one on CNG to

probably since u know how to replace and know its cheap u thought koi baat nahi
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your TPS and MAP Sensor inputs are being muddled up by the advancer, that is what is causing the transmission to start "driving" while you are stationary. - your transmission does not have a torque converter like a regular trans does, the torque convertor is what causes the car to stay still while in gear.Your trans uses a clutch pack for this job - and it can get out of synch too.

20. 27-07-2012, 01:51 AM

Site Banned

Reason
    SPAM

21. 27-07-2012, 01:55 AM

Site Banned

22. 27-07-2012, 01:56 AM

Site Banned

23. 27-07-2012, 01:59 AM

Site Banned

Reason
    SPAM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shabbir01 View Post
    salamz to all.
    I have honda city vario 2004. I have had some problems regarding gearbox.I went to honda classic and after having tests I was advised to replace the gear box as its much easy and cheeper than repairing the existing gear box. I went to rawalpindi and searched for the gear box. its really cheep but have its own pros and cons. first of all its japnees gear box as no pakistani gear box available in pindi local market. ITS NOT COMPATIBLE with pakistani city unless you change the internal parts I mean you have to change three toothed wheels inside your old gear box to the japnees gear. I learnt from the mechanic that its number of teeth difference inthe pakistani and japnees gear which makes the difference.You have to pay 1000 to 2000 for this conversion than your gear box is ready for installation.
    I have changed the gear box my problems regading transmission were solved BUT I am facing a new problem now. this new transmission does not work well on cng
    I am facing problems when I drive it on cng especially when ac is turned on. it sinks when I am on low speed or when have to stop than rpm falls and some strange kind of noises arrise along with small jerks.
    Now gathering info on this topic. I should be highly obliged if any body shares its experince regarding this problem

dear how much is the cost for the work u have done, i mean new gear box and its installation charges..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List