138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Enhancing head lights intensity [city 2000]

I am interested in Enhancing the light intensity for my Honda city 2000. It has stock headlight bulbs and I am not interested in spending too much on the HIDs. What are some of the things I can do to get the light enhanced?

1. Install a relay (or is it a cutout?)
    2. Change the bulbs to 90/100W (I believe stock ones are 60W). Would the 90/100's be supported?
    3. Any specific halogen's brand anyone of you is using; its name and specs?

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicallyStatic View Post
    I am interested in Enhancing the light intensity for my Honda city 2000. It has stock headlight bulbs and I am not interested in spending too much on the HIDs. What are some of the things I can do to get the light enhanced?

2. Change the bulbs to 90/100W (I believe stock ones are 60W). Would the 90/100's be supported?

Thanks
    After market heavy bulbs will burn bulb holder and may damage wiring also. HIDs are pretty cheap these days so go for it otherwise its better to stick with stock bulbs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

use relays....
    change stock bulbs to 90/100W.
    make sure head lights are clean and clear.because over the time the outer plastic becomes dull and yellowish.as for brands see if u can find philps rally bulbs..I used them and they are quite gud.
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imtishal View Post
    use relays....
    change stock bulbs to 90/100W.
    make sure head lights are clean and clear.because over the time the outer plastic becomes dull and yellowish.as for brands see if u can find philps rally bulbs..I used them and they are quite gud.
    Thanks Imtishal. The headlights are clean and clear, as good as new. Since you are in isb, do you know where I can find philips rally bulbs? Any specific number/specs that I should be looking for?

Also, I am assuming the no modification are required for using these bulbs to keep the wiring safe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naeem View Post
    After market heavy bulbs will burn bulb holder and may damage wiring also. HIDs are pretty cheap these days so go for it otherwise its better to stick with stock bulbs.
    Thanks Naeem. Do you know if the stock wiring is unable to handle switching to 90/100W range? I believe a good electrician will be able to check and tell if 90/100 can be safely installed or not.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please do keep in mind you do not have projectors and bulbs anymore than stock will most definitely be a pain for other drivers. Too intense light.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks
    Please do the following.

1) Check the lights condition, outer glass should be as white as new, if not get them replaced.
    2) Check the inner reflectors of the beam, if shiny silver good, if not replace them as well.
    3) no need to put high voltage bulbs or HIDS, go for original city 2000 model head lamp bulbs (Koito original japanese)
    4) Check if the adjustment screws of head lights are working, if they are, take your car to a dark road with no street lights or other lightings, it should be as dark as a jungle, park your car on a straight surface, turn on the head lights on low beam, cover one of the light by making your friend stand closely on one of the light and try to cover the whole of it by his legs/abdomen facing towards the road, adjust the uncovered head light up/down/right/left as per your own vision requirement, repeat the process with the other one.

if possible, try to grab a pair of headlights from Shershah or Maxine line (plaza) if your head lights have the above mentioned deficiencies, do check the above parameters in those bought lamps (specially its adjustment screws). i m quiet sure that it will resolve your problem.
    You will beat us with technology and speed???? we will beat you with experience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes use 90/100 watts bulbs...just make sure those are origial japnese bulbs and add a good relay with them...INSHALLAH there will be noticeable difference in light and adding a relay will not harm the original wiring in any way...
    make sure the electrication who will install the relay is well experienced..
    .........Tomorrow Never Comes Until Its Too Late........
    //////Life Without LOUD Sound System iz incomplete\\\\\\

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would advise against going for a higher wattage (90-100 W) halogen bulb in your headlights. As opposed to HIDs, halogen bulbs usually run relatively hotter. This can lead to cracks and other imperfections on the inside surface of your headlights that can not be removed by buffing/chemical treatment. Like someone else mentioned above, the headlights also turn yellowish overtime.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Imtishal. The headlights are clean and clear, as good as new. Since you are in isb, do you know where I can find philips rally bulbs? Any specific number/specs that I should be looking for?

Also, I am assuming the no modification are required for using these bulbs to keep the wiring safe.
    I got it from a guy who was selling'em on Pakwheels.Other than that dubai autos had'em in their I-8 shop (which is no more).May be their outlet near jamil balti might still have'em.
    Yes no modification is required BUT u need to put relays to get optimum performance.
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

putting high wattage bulbs in that tiny reflector is a sure way to melt the nearby plastic and also the wiring is not setup to cope with such loads, your lights switch will burn out, you can relay the power but the damage to the plastic is inevitable.

Clean headlamps and original branded bulbs are best. You should also make sure that the bulb holders are original and not melted or damaged. If they were replaced at some time they would be twisted and taped (stupid technique) - they should be soldered and covered in heatshrink tubing. The solder makes sure that all current is passed through the joint.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well just for knowledge my 12 year old margalla and my relative's brand new city came with the same osram bilux bulbs, around 50-60 watts,
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List