Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Calling all gurus(experts) of honda city vario

hello folks,

I saved all my life (@31 now) and bought a city vario 2005 in black color (me being a self made guy). My humble request is to give me the best advise a man can get on this car on the issues i have

1. where should i get it serviced from: local mech VS Honda service center (pros and cons)

2. when i start the car in the morning, the rpm goes upto 2k and stays there even after the cold light is off and sometimes the check engine light also comes on. i turn off the engine and start it again to get to 1.5k on rpm still and when i put it in D the car starts knocking and rpm goes to 500 for a sec and then goes normal. also after 80km if i want to accelerate the engine climbs up very slowly and knocking also happens.

3. the gear box is dying out as there is a noise like you get in buses like 4k 2k which is proly the differential or gear box however as the all the gear are shifting nicely i dont wana change it rite now but would like to know my options and budget when the gearbox dies.

4. if u put the car in D and stand still (pressing the brakes) the whole car vibrates like a mehran someone told to change the foundations i changed the front left and right ones and it got better but the engine still vibrates and i can feel it on the steering and mirrors and the interior vibrates as well.

5. there are alot of small noises coming from different corners of the interior who will fix that the honda service center?

6. what is the best option in terms of computer engine check up and if i want my car to be totally diagnosed of all issues like wheel bearings, optimum setting of engine for max fuel mileage etc. its giving 11km/l right now with rpm under 2k (pedel hardly pressed) with AC on

I would be really thankful to all the experts for their patience in answering all my questions and guiding me through this as if my car isnt well, iam not well as well

cheers
    -sq

2. 17-12-2011, 03:36 AM
    2c

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    Not needed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get the throttle body of the car serviced and get the auto tranny oil changed! even get the fuel filter of the car changed and pour hi octane in the car and drive!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2c View Post
    get obd scanner and remove error codes
    your ecu requires a reset.
    thankyou for your kind help. can you please identify where to get this done from and do you think honda service center would be a good idea for a 2005 car or should i go to local mech.

get sound deadning done for soulndless drive
    where from sir?

Quote Originally Posted by aamirq View Post
    get the throttle body of the car serviced and get the auto tranny oil changed! even get the fuel filter of the car changed and pour hi octane in the car and drive!
    i did get the throttle body services by a local mech. i heard the auto trasmission oil is around 6k i dont have any problems in doing that if the gear noise (sound like buses) goes away but what are the chances that these 6k wont goto waste?

i will change the fuel filter asap but how to get the mileage rite currently iam doing 11km/l under 2k rpm (slightly pressing the pedel)

thanks

5. 17-12-2011, 04:20 AM
    2c

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    Not needed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

did you get your wheel bearings checked??
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buy your own obd scanner for future use also.
    sir iam fresh out of money now that i have bought the car but i can save and buy that as per ur advise but for now can you help me as to where to get this done from?

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    did you get your wheel bearings checked??
    yes got them checked and he said u need to change them and the cost will be around 7 k for the front tyres is that normal? the gear box (vario) has its own noise as well but as long as the gear are shifting nicely i dont mind the noise

8. 17-12-2011, 04:49 AM
    2c

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    Not needed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

changing the auto tranny fluid wont go waste because the auto tranny fluid even acts as a coolant for the transmission besides lubricating it!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

10. 17-12-2011, 05:53 AM
    2c

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    off topic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first isolate the noise - if its wheel bearings (which sound like a loud droning - like an old rickety bedford bus) - get them changed, they are expensive, about Rs 500 - 1000/piece, labor/hydraulic press charges extra
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    first isolate the noise - if its wheel bearings (which sound like a loud droning - like an old rickety bedford bus) - get them changed, they are expensive, about Rs 500 - 1000/piece, labor/hydraulic press charges extra
    is it better to get it done from the local mech or honda service center?

honda service center VS local mech

which one to choose for what? is it a good idea to get some smaller work done from outside local mech like suspention, body work that kind and only let the engine be maintained by honda?

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ratm View Post
    is it better to get it done from the local mech or honda service center?

honda service center VS local mech

which one to choose for what? is it a good idea to get some smaller work done from outside local mech like suspention, body work that kind and only let the engine be maintained by honda?
    hnonda service centre
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello folks,

I saved all my life (@31 now) and bought a city vario 2005 in black color (me being a self made guy). My humble request is to give me the best advise a man can get on this car on the issues i have

1. where should i get it serviced from: local mech VS Honda service center (pros and cons)

2. when i start the car in the morning, the rpm goes upto 2k and stays there even after the cold light is off and sometimes the check engine light also comes on. i turn off the engine and start it again to get to 1.5k on rpm still and when i put it in D the car starts knocking and rpm goes to 500 for a sec and then goes normal. also after 80km if i want to accelerate the engine climbs up very slowly and knocking also happens.

3. the gear box is dying out as there is a noise like you get in buses like 4k 2k which is proly the differential or gear box however as the all the gear are shifting nicely i dont wana change it rite now but would like to know my options and budget when the gearbox dies.

4. if u put the car in D and stand still (pressing the brakes) the whole car vibrates like a mehran someone told to change the foundations i changed the front left and right ones and it got better but the engine still vibrates and i can feel it on the steering and mirrors and the interior vibrates as well.

5. there are alot of small noises coming from different corners of the interior who will fix that the honda service center?

6. what is the best option in terms of computer engine check up and if i want my car to be totally diagnosed of all issues like wheel bearings, optimum setting of engine for max fuel mileage etc. its giving 11km/l right now with rpm under 2k (pedel hardly pressed) with AC on

I would be really thankful to all the experts for their patience in answering all my questions and guiding me through this as if my car isnt well, iam not well as well

cheers
    -sq
    bro it may be your nab sensor problem i suggest u go to any expert electrician or let me know how many times ur check light blinks if u make it to diagnostic mode?
    Motorsport knows no origin. We share them all. All bikers are brothers. If you talk craps about any bike, then you are not truly a biker. Go find a wheelchair.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello folks,

cheers
    -sq
    bro it may be your nab sensor problem i suggest u go to any expert electrician or let me know how many times ur check light blinks if u make it to diagnostic mode?
    Motorsport knows no origin. We share them all. All bikers are brothers. If you talk craps about any bike, then you are not truly a biker. Go find a wheelchair.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List