Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default clutch plates new honda city

Dear All,

Somehow i screwed my honda city 2010 clutch plates (i dont drive with half clutch pressed nor i do it in hilly areas). Thing is honda guys are charging me 22.340k and local mechanics will do the job in 18sh thousand. what will be the difference in both? Shall i give honda 5k labour or i can go to other mechanics?

P.S
    how is auto club in i9?

Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why did the clutch plate give up at just 61,000kms? the original clutch that i got in my car did 110,000kms and it took a good amount of punishment...
    after it, the next clutch plate lasted around 85,000kms and that too was damaged just because the clutch bearing gave way... do u drive a lot on hills? hard acceleration? burnouts?
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Agreed with this statement.
    So from now. I also have to be careful regarding it's clutch. Because I'm the first one to disappear from signal too.. DAMN 21 thousand for clutch plates. .
    still i dont believe that disappearing magically will hurt the clutch plates, in the end they are meant to be like that they are clutch plates not kitchen plate...btw wish u happy disappearing!
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    why did the clutch plate give up at just 61,000kms? the original clutch that i got in my car did 110,000kms and it took a good amount of punishment...
    after it, the next clutch plate lasted around 85,000kms and that too was damaged just because the clutch bearing gave way... do u drive a lot on hills? hard acceleration? burnouts?

unfortunately my car is fond of margalla hills so i have to take her to the top many times a month...secondly i dont wna tell but it takes me minutes to reach the top so ur hard acceleration area is covered with hills as a cherry on top!
    it wont be late when ill be selling this car as *22000km* jaaaynyan lady driven car on pw for 14lac plus! lols...kidding i wont do that
    jokes apart its all genuine , the more i rape my car the more i take care of her.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Legal_rebel View Post
    unfortunately my car is fond of margalla hills so i have to take her to the top many times a month...secondly i dont wna tell but it takes me minutes to reach the top so ur hard acceleration area is covered with hills as a cherry on top!
    it wont be late when ill be selling this car as *22000km* jaaaynyan lady driven car on pw for 14lac plus! lols...kidding i wont do that
    jokes apart its all genuine , the more i rape my car the more i take care of her.
    lol...that justifies it!
    well, i wont say burning the clutch plate is a rape to the car... a dead clutch can be replaced and if done properly, it brings the car back in original condition. tough u MIGHT give the engine a tough time too but im talking about the clutch as a seperate entity...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

car is back to its disappearing mode and is as good as new MashaAllah...coming up next is new fuel filter thanks to "Dirty jobs" Inc. Attock petrol pump F-11, literally my car stalled after 1 km and whats more, the needle didn't moved after buying 1000rs petrol. followed by new brake pads for third time and new plugs for the first time as they are weak now.

p.s is the new fuel filter equipped with pump or its just the filter for 6500 somethin rs?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its only the filter for 6500 ! old pump will be used, with new filter, I have changed last month after 40K milage.
    Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FederalAgent View Post
    its only the filter for 6500 ! old pump will be used, with new filter, I have changed last month after 40K milage.

it means i must go for it asap. my mileage is above 60 n they never told me to change it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List