Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City heating issue

Salaams.

Honda City 2006 has a chronic heating up issue. I have discussed this many times with a few moderators here but never actually remembered, or got anything done. Now that the situation is so serious that my driver has forbidden me from using it, I must get something done.

Your input will be highly appreciated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The culprit behind most of the engine heat ups is a leak in head gasket. Even if it is a minute one and not showing any signs other than heating up the engine.

So whenever you start experiencing engine overheating problems go straight to head gasket as it is no use cleaning radiator, changing radiator cap, replacing reservoirs etc. People go to the extent of removing the thermostat valve and directing the radiator fan, but I have observed that in most of the cases head gasket it is the culprit. I have gone through this experience myself on a Khyber.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

only cars 1.0 and below need that removing thermostat valve and stuff...

and HONDA has this head gaskit issue.... mostly this is the main reason all the time
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Autophile and Qwerty, my driver removed the thermostat valve once but when we got work done, the workshop put a new one. Attached below is the list of stuff done back in 2010.

Honda City heating issue - 394480d1334584062 today pakwheels hondas bills0001?stc1
    Honda City heating issue - 394481d1334584062 today pakwheels hondas bills0002?stc1

Honda City heating issue - 394482d1334584062 today pakwheels hondas bills0003?stc1
    The radiator cleaning stuff you have mentioned has been repeated quite a few times indeed. The drivers can't figure out WHERE the water is disappearing even on the stationary car.

Your input on the head gasket particularly Honda cars facing the issue is of news to me. Question now is, WHAT should be done - everything all over again, head gaskit, thermo, what? Oh by the way, the heater stopped working too since these issues came up.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and ur city overheat problem is not getting fixed for quiet long now.
    give one shot by replacing with a kabli head
    if that doesnt work.block swap.
    remember i waster 1 lac rupees on my white honda
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So Hash, only the head, nothing else? I want to dictate my terms now rather then them toying around with the car so please tell what to get done from where for how much.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Better sale ur car and find some other one.... if there is some problem with engine... then it will cost u alot... so its better to sell it off....
    Sent from my own Desktop Computer using my own Keyboard !!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i know a family who abused city 2004, i mean they were 8 families living together and they bought a new city as to b used by everyone .... (an extra car) and they drove around 80,000 KM in one year.... Punjab to sindh ... and back.. 2 trips confirmed per week....

After one year they have the same issue and got the engine work done from HONDA but it didnt worked out... so they replaced the engine with Kabli one and it worked fine.... they sold that car in 2007 and i think they replaced the engine around 4 times... cause they didnt used it, they abused it!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^high mileage shudnt be considered abuse, bad maintenance shud, my brother has been keeping our margalla running more than 100km each day, the engine is weak but still by adjusting it's oil change timings and using stp oil we have prevented it getting worse, it has been running fine on this routine for two years

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

was the head faced before?
    how long was the car driven with the engine hot sign?

how many times has the head been opened up for this overheating issue?
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sjehsan View Post
    i know a family who abused city 2004, i mean they were 8 families living together and they bought a new city as to b used by everyone .... (an extra car) and they drove around 80,000 KM in one year.... Punjab to sindh ... and back.. 2 trips confirmed per week....

After one year they have the same issue and got the engine work done from HONDA but it didnt worked out... so they replaced the engine with Kabli one and it worked fine.... they sold that car in 2007 and i think they replaced the engine around 4 times... cause they didnt used it, they abused it!
    I have seen mercedes benz diesel taxis in Germany, those cars do not shut off for 2 to 3 weeks straight, when the driver ends his shift the engine is kept running, when the car is parked waiting for passengers the engine is running.

those cars have odometers that baffle common sense - all of them are north of 500,000 kms. Yet the engines are spectacularly perfect.

Those same cars in Pakistan would be subjected to ustaad jee installing new pishton and ring for the fun of it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I have seen mercedes benz diesel taxis in Germany, those cars do not shut off for 2 to 3 weeks straight, when the driver ends his shift the engine is kept running, when the car is parked waiting for passengers the engine is running.

those cars have odometers that baffle common sense - all of them are north of 500,000 kms. Yet the engines are spectacularly perfect.

Those same cars in Pakistan would be subjected to ustaad jee installing new pishton and ring for the fun of it.
    I understand ur point Bro... but clearly wrote they abused the car... of Pak ke road conditions ka to peta he hai aap ko.. or woh Jahil log hain,,, so un ko HONDA chalanay ke koi tameez nhai theee...

the reason i gave their example was just to support ma comment of swapping the engine...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Thank you for your inputs

Better sale ur car and find some other one.... if there is some problem with engine... then it will cost u alot... so its better to sell it off....
    Can't sell it before the issue is resolved for good.

....they drove around 80,000 KM in one year....
    And I thought my achievement of 40000 km in just ten months was a record...

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    was the head faced before?...
    All that was done is what you will have to make out from the bills I have shared because I really do not know what Honda did with the car.

how long was the car driven with the engine hot sign?...
    The sign would go when water would be put in. After getting work done from Honda m talking about. Radiator washing and god knows what else has been repeated quite a few times. Overall, it's been coming since quite some time.

how many times has the head been opened up for this overheating issue?
    Only one single time when work was done from Honda Motors in May 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post

Amazing.

...un ko HONDA chalanay ke koi tameez nhai theee...
    Amusing comment!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam all i have facing a heatup issue in my city2007 Plz anyone help me to explain the actual reason of my car heatup.
    i explain what happen last weekend i drive about 17km with ac on and then i parked my car in parking and see sudenly water is came out quickly from the plastic bottle of radiator and there is no sign of heatup shows in the car but why this happend?? why water quickly came out from the bottle and then botle is empty in no time??? plz any one help me to explain what happend with my car??? and one thing tell u that after half an hour i put water in plastic bottle and radiator and start my car its start easily??? but dont wana happen this again...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by junaid153 View Post
    Salam all i have facing a heatup issue in my city2007 Plz anyone help me to explain the actual reason of my car heatup.i explain what happen last weekend i drive about 17km with ac on and then i parked my car in parking and see sudenly water is came out quickly from the plastic bottle of radiator and there is no sign of heatup shows in the car but why this happend?? why water quickly came out from the bottle and then botle is empty in no time??? plz any one help me to explain what happend with my car??? and one thing tell u that after half an hour i put water in plastic bottle and radiator and start my car its start easily??? but dont wana happen this again...
    well nothing to worry in it, it generally happen when a steam builds up in radiator because some water turns into steam at high temperatures in summer and on switching of the engine steam pressure boils out. just keep on checking the radiator coolant regularly. and if you are using water, its suggested to use coolant as its boiling temp. is different from water so help prevent such issues

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These Aluminum engine are very sensitive to heat. To make things worse they replaced the needle gauge with an idiot light. People often ignore when the light starts blinking and continue driving until the car shuts of on its own. Same thing happened with my colleagues City (2006 Model A/T). The first time it overheated , there was still factory coolant in the engine and the car was only 30k+ driven. It overheated and stalled because the light was ignored. We sent it to Honda and recommended head replacement and estimated a huge bill. So we got the gasket done from Khan motors. They told us the head is warped and the engine will loose water. the car was driven that way for about four months with short oil change intervals. The engine was finally replaced and did around 65k km with the new engine until recently it was sold.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I finally got lots of stuff done. Now the issue is that sometimes the water decreases. The mechanic said it would.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ujgilani View Post
    well nothing to worry in it, it generally happen when a steam builds up in radiator because some water turns into steam at high temperatures in summer and on switching of the engine steam pressure boils out. just keep on checking the radiator coolant regularly. and if you are using water, its suggested to use coolant as its boiling temp. is different from water so help prevent such issues
    thankns gillani bro. suggest some good coolant and there price as well? thanks again

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    These Aluminum engine are very sensitive to heat. To make things worse they replaced the needle gauge with an idiot light. People often ignore when the light starts blinking and continue driving until the car shuts of on its own. Same thing happened with my colleagues City (2006 Model A/T). The first time it overheated , there was still factory coolant in the engine and the car was only 30k+ driven. It overheated and stalled because the light was ignored. We sent it to Honda and recommended head replacement and estimated a huge bill. So we got the gasket done from Khan motors. They told us the head is warped and the engine will loose water. the car was driven that way for about four months with short oil change intervals. The engine was finally replaced and did around 65k km with the new engine until recently it was sold.
    correct fahad bro ..heatup sign sometimes never show even the engine is full heatup.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List