Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Honda City heating issue

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Vajih102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,339
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda City heating issue

    Salaams.

    Honda City 2006 has a chronic heating up issue. I have discussed this many times with a few moderators here but never actually remembered, or got anything done. Now that the situation is so serious that my driver has forbidden me from using it, I must get something done.

    Your input will be highly appreciated.


  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    junaid153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    287
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    I finally got lots of stuff done. Now the issue is that sometimes the water decreases. The mechanic said it would.
    Mr. Vajih can u plzz tell me what works u done with ur honda city in this issue means what mechanical works done and plz tell me the cost of work as well. plzzz

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    ujgilani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    104
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junaid153 View Post
    thankns gillani bro. suggest some good coolant and there price as well? thanks again
    sorry i cant help you in this coz i'm not in pakistan and unaware of brands selling there and prices. well my another suggestion is to fill up the radiator just with coolant do not use water as it makes it more effective.

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rizkhan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    I finally got lots of stuff done. Now the issue is that sometimes the water decreases. The mechanic said it would.
    dear... how much did it cost u other than the previous bills... and kia kia kaam kraya other than the ones u mentioned above???

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rizkhan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @junaid..u shud use Toyota's coolant..it will cost u around Rs. 2000/- for 4 litr of ready-to-use coolant...other than that caltex coolant is also good....buy coolant from very reliable stores only

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    junaid153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    287
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    @junaid..u shud use Toyota's coolant..it will cost u around Rs. 2000/- for 4 litr of ready-to-use coolant...other than that caltex coolant is also good....buy coolant from very reliable stores only
    Thanks rizkhan bhai i'll try Insahallah.

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    junaid153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    287
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ujgilani View Post
    sorry i cant help you in this coz i'm not in pakistan and unaware of brands selling there and prices. well my another suggestion is to fill up the radiator just with coolant do not use water as it makes it more effective.
    its ok Gillani bro. other people suggest me some coolants...

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    junaid153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    287
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    dear... how much did it cost u other than the previous bills... and kia kia kaam kraya other than the ones u mentioned above???
    vajih bhai plzz batain kia kaam karaya tha aur cost b?/

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,366
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    Junaid did the red over heat sign lit up in dash
    If not change radiator cap as its not retaining pressure
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    junaid153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    287
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    Junaid did the red over heat sign lit up in dash
    If not change radiator cap as its not retaining pressure
    no hash bro red lite not comes on.... thats why i am confused its a serious issue..

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,366
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    No light is good news
    Means car is not overheating
    As i said earlier radiator cap is not retaining pressure. And since u lost most coolant radiator service is a good idea
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    junaid153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    287
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    No light is good news
    Means car is not overheating
    As i said earlier radiator cap is not retaining pressure. And since u lost most coolant radiator service is a good idea
    OH ALLAH karay aisa hi ho aur koi big problem na ho car ma i pray.. waisay ma office k baad ajj check karwao ga mechanic ko b k masla ha kiya iss ma... aur radiator service b karwa lo ga.

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rizkhan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    dont waste ur time and money with the mechanic if ur car isnt overheating for real.... as Hash4u said....its most probably a bad radiator cap, replace it with a good quality cap...and add any good coolant after thorough radiator cleaninng by some radiator guy.

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Vajih102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,339
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junaid153 View Post
    Mr. Vajih can u plzz tell me what works u done with ur honda city in this issue means what mechanical works done and plz tell me the cost of work as well. plzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    dear... how much did it cost u other than the previous bills... and kia kia kaam kraya other than the ones u mentioned above???
    Head Gaskit 2000
    Piston Rings 2600
    Engine Oil + Filter (Don't know which brand is so cheap) 1900
    Kerosine Oil 800
    Head Face 800
    Radiator Wash 800
    Head Valve 2600
    Main something Bearing (Can't make out what's written) 2600
    Silicon 160
    Magic Depoxi 20
    Indian Shilog (whatever that is) 180
    Spark Plugs 1360
    Service Charges 5000

    Total: 20020

    Plus A/C gas got out so got it serviced also. Add another Rs. 3500.

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    junaid153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    287
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    Head Gaskit 2000
    Piston Rings 2600
    Engine Oil + Filter (Don't know which brand is so cheap) 1900
    Kerosine Oil 800
    Head Face 800
    Radiator Wash 800
    Head Valve 2600
    Main something Bearing (Can't make out what's written) 2600
    Silicon 160
    Magic Depoxi 20
    Indian Shilog (whatever that is) 180
    Spark Plugs 1360
    Service Charges 5000

    Total: 20020

    Plus A/C gas got out so got it serviced also. Add another Rs. 3500.
    thanks bro... its very costly.....

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rizkhan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    Head Gaskit 2000
    Piston Rings 2600
    Engine Oil + Filter (Don't know which brand is so cheap) 1900
    Kerosine Oil 800
    Head Face 800
    Radiator Wash 800
    Head Valve 2600
    Main something Bearing (Can't make out what's written) 2600
    Silicon 160
    Magic Depoxi 20
    Indian Shilog (whatever that is) 180
    Spark Plugs 1360
    Service Charges 5000

    Total: 20020

    Plus A/C gas got out so got it serviced also. Add another Rs. 3500.
    reasonable cost for a Honda... if u are not encountering the same problem again

  17. 25-06-2012, 06:31 PM

    Newbie

    Reason
    Spam

  18. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    mag88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    reasonable cost for a Honda... if u are not encountering the same problem again
    Bhae after spending so much you are still using water then its a shame.if using water and it is retained for 100KM (KM after initial light goes of counts) and a week(Max loss half liter). Then just replace the cap and test. once it fulfill the maximum water loss criteria. replace the water with coolant after flush and nuetralization. Radiator service done already so no need to go for full radiator removal. use proper step of filling coolant namely front a bit high and atleast 2 fan raditor fan cycles with cap off (Check ehow.com for procedure, can search pakwheels forum too). Once done check daily for any loss add distilled water to maintain level. after 1 week check weekly for 4 weeks, should be no loss(MAX a Glass, else you have a pinhole leak some where in the system, which will surface eventually). after 1 month do the regular monthly checkups.

  19. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    coolant boiling out of the expansion tank means that somehow the coolant is boiling inside the engine/radiator - boil should not occur as the radiator cap pressurizes it hence increasing boiling point, AND there is no air in the system, boil can only occur in the presence of air, you might have trapped some air in the system - when filling up the system open the heater to max, park the car nose up and fill.If you suspect the engine is running hot take it to someone who has a live OBD scanner, not a fault reader but live scanner - ask them to display engine temperature in centrigrade, anything below 98*C and above 80*C is good. These modern engines are made to run hot to increase fuel efficiency and reduce emmissions.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  20. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rizkhan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mag88 View Post
    Bhae after spending so much you are still using water then its a shame.if using water and it is retained for 100KM (KM after initial light goes of counts) and a week(Max loss half liter). Then just replace the cap and test. once it fulfill the maximum water loss criteria. replace the water with coolant after flush and nuetralization. Radiator service done already so no need to go for full radiator removal. use proper step of filling coolant namely front a bit high and atleast 2 fan raditor fan cycles with cap off (Check ehow.com for procedure, can search pakwheels forum too). Once done check daily for any loss add distilled water to maintain level. after 1 week check weekly for 4 weeks, should be no loss(MAX a Glass, else you have a pinhole leak some where in the system, which will surface eventually). after 1 month do the regular monthly checkups.
    kheriat ???

  21. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    OmRON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Vajih102

    aOa
    Dear
    Pls share with me your current city heating issue, What you have to done for that. My city 05 is start teasing us. My driver also removed thermostat and directing fans. But today he came here with a cracked head gasket. I want to know your heating issue status. Plus If you have City 2005 manual, can you lend me or ask someone to scan and post it on Pakwheels. It one of the hardest find manuals both in my house and on web. I am searching it since a year or so.

    I hope you will reply me soon,

    Thanks in Advance,





    Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    Autophile and Qwerty, my driver removed the thermostat valve once but when we got work done, the workshop put a new one. Attached below is the list of stuff done back in 2010.

    Honda City heating issue - 394480d1334584062 today pakwheels hondas bills0001?stc1
    Honda City heating issue - 394481d1334584062 today pakwheels hondas bills0002?stc1

    Honda City heating issue - 394482d1334584062 today pakwheels hondas bills0003?stc1
    The radiator cleaning stuff you have mentioned has been repeated quite a few times indeed. The drivers can't figure out WHERE the water is disappearing even on the stationary car.

    Your input on the head gasket particularly Honda cars facing the issue is of news to me. Question now is, WHAT should be done - everything all over again, head gaskit, thermo, what? Oh by the way, the heater stopped working too since these issues came up.

  22. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    what the hell kind of service invoice is this?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •