Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: 2012 Honda City 0-100 kmh timings???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2012 Honda City 0-100 kmh timings???

Guys urgently want to know the 100% accurate 0-100 kmh timings of 2012 Honda City 1.3
    so i can make up my mind of buying it rather than going for 1.5 Toyota Fielder!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Lolz at doing 0-100 in 8secs .A manual civic can do 100 best in 8.5 secs
    @waleed u r totally wrong . swift has a dohc engine while the city has a sohc engine so swift is a little bit fast in acceleration .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dawood159 View Post
    @waleed u r totally wrong . swift has a dohc engine while the city has a sohc engine so swift is a little bit fast in acceleration .
    really ? chalein water cooler aap ka hua...i personally believe swift or civic or city, all these cars are econo boxes made to take u from here to there, nothing more, nothing less. i believe in hypermilling, getting 16 km/liter inside rawalpindi traffic, so lets talk abt that

PS : my car gave me 19.8 km/liter with AC on my way from pindi to haripur last weekend, which included traffic jam in hassanabdal

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    really ? chalein water cooler aap ka hua...i personally believe swift or civic or city, all these cars are econo boxes made to take u from here to there, nothing more, nothing less. i believe in hypermilling, getting 16 km/liter inside rawalpindi traffic, so lets talk abt that

PS : my car gave me 19.8 km/liter with AC on my way from pindi to haripur last weekend, which included traffic jam in hassanabdal
    Wait till @bilalahsan glances past this post of yours
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 1.3L i-VTEC Performance - Redefined

Please see that, there are a number of factors that determine the performance of your car. Firstly, I personally own this car (Honda City 1.3L 2010) AND I've also driven Suzuki Swift and the new Toyota Corolla 1.3L. And my experience doesn't end just here, I've raced against the two as well. The new Corolla has an added curb weight to it that pulls down its 0-100 timings to 12 secs, with everything perfect, it hardly does it in 11.50-11.75 secs. However, the swift, with everything done perfectly does it in 11.25-11.5 secs. The new City, besides being heavier than a swift, does a 0-100 in 11.25-11.5 secs (normally) while if everything is done perfectly, it does it in 11.00 secs. But this is not where its performance stops, this is on normal petrol. Its engine (13LA/15LA i-VTEC) has Iridium Spark Plugs that work best on Hi-Octane. So if you expecting this car to perform better, get it to run on pure Hi-Oct. I know, in our society where the petrol prices are high and hard to afford on daily basis, but this can be done when you are in a mood to go up against someone in a race or for just for the purpose of fulfilling your craving to have a performance drag or run on your car. It has its benefits as well, like better performance, smoother ride and quicker response.

This is quite hard to believe, but I've, personally, done a 0-100 km/h, on my 1.3L 100hp (all stock), in less than 10 secs, 9.78 something secs approximately only with the help on Hi-Oct and perfect shifts, even the tires were stock (175/65 R15) at that time. Though now I have 205/60 R15, curious to go for 0-100 timings with Hi-Oct on these tires. Will do soon InshaAllah!

But yes, coming back to the topic, I've the video that I haven't posted on Youtube, will do that soon and post the link here for you to believe see my post as valid.

Moreover, this engine holds alot of potential, specially 1.5L version, with mods and an added GE35 Turbo (If I am right about the turbo model) , this engine can give you surprising performance. Doing a 0-100 in an outstanding 5.5 secs. This is the Honda Jazz (Has the same engine as the new City - Kind of like the Hatch Back alternate to City). Here are the links:

GETTUNED Honda Jazz GE8 M/T Turbo 221 Whps ( HD ) - YouTube

Honda Jazz GE8 MT TURBO (Stock Internal) 221 Whps F-CON V-Pro 3.3 - YouTube

To conclude, I would say that each of these 3 cars (City, Swift and Corolla) have their own Point-of-Differentiation. The swift has a smoother and much quieter cabin, while if you are looking forward to better comfort on rough roads, what we find here in Pakistan, specially Sindh, Corolla's is the car for you as it has suspensions designed to work better on these roads. Not saying they're performance cars, ofcourse they are, they put up a real tough fight, but when it comes to taking out the real potential out of your engine, they can not do as good as a Honda. I'll post the link to my video as soon as I've uploaded my video

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

User Tag List