Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honda City 2009 NEED HELP on Cosumption and Performance isues.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Honda City 2009 NEED HELP on Cosumption and Performance isues.

Dear wheelers,

I have just bought a used 2009 honda city MT CNG. The car is in pretty good condition. But there are a couple of issues that i am facing because i am a new honda city user. I have been using mehran in the past couple of years. the issues are

1. The CNG consumption is very bad. It does around 80 to 90 km on a full cylinder. Same is the case with the petrol, i am having around 10kmpl in city.

2. The petrol gauge drops by itself when i am driving on cng.

3. the car seems to not speed up at the 2nd gear. But pick is great in the 3rd and 4th.

4. I have recently changed its engine oil, oil filter and air filter. It did not affect the consumption in anyway.

5. the cng gauge does 40 kms in the fourth point and the 3rd and 2nd fall at 10-15km each.

6. I have heard about upgrading the cars ECU and tuning it up at a honda dealer. will that solve the issues? How much cost would it be?

7. What is the way to make my honda city REALLY fuel efficient? I bought this car just because of its fuel efficiency and it is not at all up to the mark.

8. Is the ECU software update really gona help?

9. Which honda dealership is most preferable?

PLEASE GIVE ME A DETAILED RESPONSE. IT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPERICIATED.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what is ur average speed in city ?
    ALONE
    BUT HAPPY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well bro this model is not different than any 1.3 L car as far as the fuel average is concern..for better fuel economy city 2004-2008 is a good option..

Ur car has some low standard parts i.e cng switch, which doesnt show the exact consumption,i also have the same fake switch n same prob but ma consumption is ok alhamdolilah..

Bro u need to visit a technician who has a computer tuning option and can calculate the amount of carbon mono oxide through his computer and then adjust the mixture to get the emission at 10.6.

it helps in exact ideal mixture assessment instead of relying on USTAD GE's hearing abilities.
    The other thing is that if u drive ur car on an altered air intake which is common for better cng pick then the car will definitely over consume once running on petrol due to non standard air fuel balance.

Try getting its THROTTLE BODY serviced and cleaned alongside new standard spark plugs adjusted to cng setting which is 0.5.

Get a genuine AIR FILTER it runs longer and the quality of product is good,min u should opt for a GUARD air filter

hope these suggestions help
    HONDAS are like GIRLFRIEND and, TOYOTA a life partner always with u even going is tough..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aviator_12 View Post
    well bro this model is not different than any 1.3 L car as far as the fuel average is concern..for better fuel economy city 2004-2008 is a good option..

Ur car has some low standard parts i.e cng switch, which doesnt show the exact consumption,i also have the same fake switch n same prob but ma consumption is ok alhamdolilah..

Bro u need to visit a technician who has a computer tuning option and can calculate the amount of carbon mono oxide through his computer and then adjust the mixture to get the emission at 10.6.

it helps in exact ideal mixture assessment instead of relying on USTAD GE's hearing abilities.
    The other thing is that if u drive ur car on an altered air intake which is common for better cng pick then the car will definitely over consume once running on petrol due to non standard air fuel balance.

Try getting its THROTTLE BODY serviced and cleaned alongside new standard spark plugs adjusted to cng setting which is 0.5.

Get a genuine AIR FILTER it runs longer and the quality of product is good,min u should opt for a GUARD air filter

hope these suggestions help
    I like ur singnature bro
    ALONE
    BUT HAPPY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if u r in lahore then u can go to the PSO pump at BARKAT MARKET they have ENERCON computerized tuning n will do the same as i told u..
    HONDAS are like GIRLFRIEND and, TOYOTA a life partner always with u even going is tough..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sheikhmunda97

bro thanx for liking and above all agreeing to it, I used to have an INDUS COROLLA which I repend selling...Now have a CITY06 only good at fuel consumption....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Aviator_12

Thanks man. Your reply did help. But are you saying that PSO pump at BARKAT MARKET will resolve all the issues i have indicated? Should i not go to a honda authorized dealer? Which one is more expensive, Which one is better? And finally, what about the software upgrade?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I need a place where my issues are resolved thoroughly. And i can go there as long as i have this car. Pakka Custumer stuff.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aviator_12 View Post

on petrol due to non standard air fuel balance.
    for better eco, 2004-2008 is a better option ? U r THE first one EVER at least i know of who says so

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I owned a city 2009 and faced similar problem like u have.

City 2009 ECU requires an update for PKDM City. Its ECU is programmed to give reading to its MAP sensor for High Octane or 97+ Ron fuel. Honda dealerships will program it to run on premier plus fuel. The issue of underpowering in 2nd gear will be rectified only by this process. Fuel consumption will be improved too.

Honda updated the ECUs of City 2010 and onwards but pre-2010 cities requires and ECU update.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tayyabbaig

Okay. what else is improved by this upgrade? is it costly? are you sure it improves fuel efficiency?

p.s: For other users, Please answer my origional querry too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Rs. 1000

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tayyabbaig View Post
    I owned a city 2009 and faced similar problem like u have.

City 2009 ECU requires an update for PKDM City. Its ECU is programmed to give reading to its MAP sensor for High Octane or 97+ Ron fuel. Honda dealerships will program it to run on premier plus fuel. The issue of underpowering in 2nd gear will be rectified only by this process. Fuel consumption will be improved too.

Honda updated the ECUs of City 2010 and onwards but pre-2010 cities requires and ECU update.
    Quote Originally Posted by tayyabbaig View Post
    ^^ Rs. 1000
    With all due respect tayyab sir, the ECU upgrade was not for under powering in 2nd gear. Infact, the new ECU upgrade makes the car go less crazy (pick wise) and the auto owners from 2010 onwards are still facing that under power issue. The update was infact targeted at the engine knock issue, the was prominet in pre 2010 models. That was because the ECU map was earlier programmed to be expecting a higher octane no. compared to the PK available RON. And a higher octance rating demands a higher spark timing. Used with low RON in pk, the cars used to knock.

The upgrade only retarded the timing curve across the rpm range and knock problem solved. This made the engine much quiter at around 3000 rpm with a slight decrease in that earlier sportier feel. However I do agree that it improves mileage.

The lag with 4 passengers and AC on a auto varient is still there on premier fuel. And is prominent till the 12/16 valve VTEC engages (please note that this vtec version is not for performance, rather aimed at closing 4 inlet valves under low load conditions to improve economy).

Regrading the cost of upgrade, its totally free- atleast back in 2010 for cars under warranty. Dealership wont do it under warranty, for that you have to call honda technical support and schedule a meet to demonstrate the knocking problem
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    for better eco, 2004-2008 is a better option ? U r THE first one EVER at least i know of who says so
    Waleed sir, yes Aviator_12 is right. If you have been visiting Honda City Fan Club for a while, you should notice the fuel consumptions posted by members. Mostly members coming up with 730~750 Km in a 42 litre tank.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you guys recommend the honda authorized dealership for all the work and tuning etc?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have honda city 2007 , with 55kg cylander , but my cng average is only 80km 0r 90km , i can do evry thing ,change the plugs , clean the cng cylandar , tuning the CNG KIT but problem is same what can i do 03235313970

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have honda city 1.3 2007 model , my problem is that , my cng average is just 80km 0r 90km in full cylnder with55kg , i can check the cng machanic , clean the cylander , new plugs , with tuning , but my problem is same, what can i do i am so woried.
    90 km sa upar jati hi nahi , cng station bhi change kya , tuning bhi karai , leackge bhi check karai ,pick ma bhi koi problem nahi , kuch samgh nahi a rha.if any one solve my problem i will pay u my contact number is 03235313970. i need avearge 150

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List