Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City Vario 2008, loss of RPM when AC starts

Friends,

I recently got a leaking AC pipe replaced in my car. It might have been happening before but since the ac gas was not full it might not have been that noticeable, but when the gas was filled up again the RPM when idle dipped to 400 and there was visible knocking, before when the ac was turned on the RPM would increase. I had the car checked by my mechanic, he had the spark plugged changed (which were due anyway) and sprayed anti-carb inside the air intake. He did say that it will take a few days before the full effect of the spark plugs and spray takes place, but I being restless as usual, am sending out this query right away, the RPM are still plunging when ac running on idle (at stops mostly), will it improve with time, or something else needs to be done, my car runs on petrol by the way.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by srocks45 View Post
    i need to replace the coils or leakage problem can be rectified??
    Leakageproblem will come back after repair,get them changed.i did too.but i bought them from Ittefaq autos lahore,those were used but ok. costed me near 4400 for all 8 coils.and the cars runs like new.instead of going to Bilal gunj etc where a lot will lott u and give u leaked,repaired coils,buy from a authentic shop.
    {{((( Impossible it self says 'I' 'm' 'possible' ))}}}
    Never Give Up Hope

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default RPM surges extraordinarily and then goes back to normal when AC is turned on

Hi everyone.I need an expert advice. My Honda City Vario 2005 has just developed some issue of RPM surging up and then going back to normal when AC is turned on. In general before this issue when AC was turned on, the RPM used to move slightly up (from 700 idling to 800) and then goes back to normal (700). But for last two days, when AC is turned On (or restarts after tripping) sometimes the RPM goes up to 1500 or 2000, then there is a click sound of compressor turning on and then it goes back to normal. My idea is that the compressor doesn't turn on right away and since the ECU is programmed to raise RPM, it increases the RPM which goes to 1500 since there is no load of compressor. As soon as the compressor is turned on, RPM gets back to normal again. What can be the possible issue? It doesn't happen all the time therefore I am unable to get it checked. I took it to workshop but issue vanished at that time but appeared again later on. What should I check? AC wiring or sensors that increases RPM?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this might be due to faulty IACV valve, the function of which is to maintain the RPM at idle.... get it checked and serviced / replaced

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadahmad.shaikh View Post
    this might be due to faulty IACV valve, the function of which is to maintain the RPM at idle.... get it checked and serviced / replaced
    Thanks Saad. I will get that checked today

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List