0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry My troubled Honda City i-VTEC Prosmatec

I recently received my long awaited Honda City A/T (now known as i-Vtec prosmatec). The car has a few issues since day 1 the major issue of it being very sluggish. At first I thought its a new car and will start performing better as I'll start putting up more kms on it, but that never happened. I had to take it to three different honda dealerships and that too even before 1000 km.

The issues that were faced by me:
    1. Sluggish performance at low rpms which results in hard shifting at low gears (not solved yet)
    2. A/C stops working when the car is parked/stands still at one place (Solved)
    3. The steering was not centered (Solved)

Diagnosis by Honda:
    1. Sluggish Performance: All the dealerships that I went to did the same thing they reprogrammed the ECU and asked me to use a mix of super and hi-octance. The problem still persists.
    2. A/C: The issue was resolved by the first dealership I went to. There was not enough gas/refrigerant. They first took out all the gas, then cleaned the a/c pipes by creating a vaccum and then recharged the gas.
    3. Steering Alignment: Resolved with an issue.

Problem at hand:

I'm in dire need of help from my fellow pakwheelers to solve the issue of sluggish performance and hard shifting at lower RPMS. This issue is creating a complete nuisance for me when I'm driving from home to office and its totally killing the whole experience of driving a new car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by r0shu View Post
    I've been to different Honda dealerships they have no solution for this. All that they do is take the car for a test drive and waste my precious fuel and then say its just fine. Use beter fuel it will be alright.
    wrack up an email and CC it to main honda people (international) and honda pak. as well as the dealership (if they have one).

you should try that if you haven't. Local honda people hate to have their parent company inquire abt them!
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanonline View Post
    wrack up an email and CC it to main honda people (international) and honda pak. as well as the dealership (if they have one).

you should try that if you haven't. Local honda people hate to have their parent company inquire abt them!
    do you know where I can contact Honda Global/Japan, any email address? Would really appreciate it!
    Honda City i-VTEC Prosmatec - Worst car ever!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is the problem there with Honda City Aspire as well?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nizamuddeen View Post
    Is the problem there with Honda City Aspire as well?
    It is with all the current generation PROSMATEC Honda Citys. So far the solution to this problem is replacement of genuine airfilter to Guard improve performance and economy a little.
    Honda City i-VTEC Prosmatec - Worst car ever!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On the other hand manual versions are just brilliant for a1.3, both in performance and mileage. Mine is doing wonders for me MashAllah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I recently received my long awaited Honda City A/T (now known as i-Vtec prosmatec). The car has a few issues since day 1 the major issue of it being very sluggish. At first I thought its a new car and will start performing better as I'll start putting up more kms on it, but that never happened. I had to take it to three different honda dealerships and that too even before 1000 km.

1. Sluggish performance at low rpms which results in hard shifting at low gears (not solved yet)

Diagnosis by Honda:
    1. Sluggish Performance: All the dealerships that I went to did the same thing they reprogrammed the ECU and asked me to use a mix of super and hi-octance. The problem still persists.
    2. A/C: The issue was resolved by the first dealership I went to. There was not enough gas/refrigerant. They first took out all the gas, then cleaned the a/c pipes by creating a vaccum and then recharged the gas.

Problem at hand:

I'm in dire need of help from my fellow pakwheelers to solve the issue of sluggish performance and hard shifting at lower RPMS. This issue is creating a complete nuisance for me when I'm driving from home to office and its totally killing the whole experience of driving a new car.

How is the performance of the car now ????

Also please confirm that what is difference between Honda City A/T and Honda City Prosmatec ( 2012-onwards models) ... Please have been quoting that they have reprogrammed ECU for better Pick/Acceleration ... Kindly quote some authentic source if any
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Performance of the car is much better now. The main culprit was the air filter. The genuine air filter has oil coating on it and gets clogged after 1500 kms. Replaced it with Guard air filter performane and economy both went up. Honda Atlas remapped the ECU in late 2010 and till now its the same. They have just rebadged the previous AT with Prosmatec. The car's doing 10-10.5 kmpl in city (lahore) with air conditioning and around 14 kmpl on motorway.
    The performance of the car is still a bit on the sluggish side even after 15k kms but it is much better that how it was in the beginning.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So AT and Prosmatec are same ???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    So AT and Prosmatec are same ???

Yes 100% same

?Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Diagnosis by Honda:

Problem at hand:

i faced the same issue with sluggish performance when i bought new city automatic.

turns out this was no issue at all. It will all change with the first oil change.

The oil that comes with new city is very thick at which the engine does not produce enough power. Will feel much much better when you change the oil to 5W30.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List