29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Liana & City common faults

Friends I have noticed that liana and city has some common faults in them.

1 They both gets a little shakey between 100 to 120 km/h.

2 They have a very thick front pillar due to which these cars have very poor visibility on turns and curvy road.

The other day a friend who owns a new city had an accident (minor sa) coz he couldnt see a cycle wala who was covered in the pillar.

3 Rear view of these cars sucks. City rear view is better as it does not has rear head rests but you cannot see a thing when reversing these cars.

I have touched 130 km/h on my liana and it was pretty smooth but the other day I took it on motorway and touched 140, the car was a shaking a bit, it maybe due to a little wind pressure but as compared to baleno, baleno remained pretty smooth on motorway.

Are these new cars which are higher like city, liana, corolla, has some problem with their aero dynamics or what ?.

Another thing about liana at 140 there was a lot of noise of air. Jaisay saree hawa mere garee ko he par rahee hay hehehe it may be due to a lot of height

Other Liana owners please send your feed back.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@newton
    the same head rests reduce neck lash injuries which occour when somethink hits from behind..
    its all about power to weight ratio...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ghuncha
    they make sure that something hits from behind..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh,,newton,,one of my favourite pak wheeler.....a good post...here are my comments

i think,,,due to extraordinary height of both corolla and Liana,,,these cars face aerodynimics problem,,,at motorways thses car give shaking ride,,,,,today i closely observed a Liana in Saddar pindi,,while driving my xli,,and i thought that liana is even higher than corolla....so these cars need broader tyres to overcome thses problems of AIRODYNIMICS at speeds greater than 120..

2) now comming back to thick pillar thingh,,corolla has got exactly the same problem,,the front pillar is so thick that u are not able to see the thinghs properly at corners,,i dont know why in new cars they have front thick pillars.

3)well,,noise of air is less in corolla,,,but noise of engine at speed greater than 100 km,,is unpleasent for a ""luxury car """ like this...... reminds me of my cultus,,which was also noisy at higher speeds.

thses are personnel experience........comments are welcomed.
    nothingh last forever,,even cold november rain.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good one...............
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

hhh
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Who said you city is shaky? I have 2005 model. Its body is heavier and aero dynamic that eliminate the doubt of shakiness. I agree, initial pick is not impressive but IDSI really empower the car after 100 plus km/h. I personally checked it at 120 km/h, so I can say I didn’t feel any shakiness or noise of air. I don’t think so that its view from inside the cabin is not much visible. City got large front wind shield that enhance visibility from inside. Pillars are not any hurdle for viewing the traffic.
    The only bad thing is initial pick but after 100km/h IDSI engine kicks the pick and you don’t feel any problem regarding pick.
    That’s all thanks.
    Lexus Enthusiast

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

both are ugly carz simple is tat cultus khyber better then liana even balino.
    sorry if some one affended

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GOOD....JUDGE
    ))))ROCK KARACHII ROCK!!!((((

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xli, idsi, liana are stupid cars..anything can be expected out of them!!
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok . i had the same problem in honda city. but after new tires and wheel balancing ,the problem is gone. get the proper wheel balancing and you,ll see the difference.
    also try to buy good quality tires. i have falken tires.

adios

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have touched around 165 KM/H on my city Idsi M/T..15" 195 yokohama tyres...it could have gone more but i ran out of road....any ways, coming back to the point, having good tyres/wheel balancing is very important for overall car stability..i have had no view related problems, as far as the city goes..

Liana seems to be really good as far as price/perfomance goes, lets see if it can prove itself!
    Bees waal 4 life

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

akbargr8 is absolutely right,in liana wheel balancing and tyre changing is imprtant for the good performance 'coz of its extraordinary height.otherwise liana is better in pick performance and reliability..............this is the best car pak suzuki has ever launched
    Talha Mehmood------PW is an addiction with no cure

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The shaking between 100-120km denotes mild problem in balancing.Some cases stock rims cause problem.Get your tyres and rims checked/Balanced.

As for pillar problem,go to toyota motors,vebra you can find good examples of totalled cars.VEBRA--4 Civics 2002 and above standing in their junkyard,on interrogation found out that driver and front passengers were mainly killed.3 Toyotas 2002 & above,On interrogation found out passengers all alive.
    A coincidence occured while i was at vebra, A toyota GLI 2003 and Honda VTI 2005 both went down hill at level of Tret while desending from Murree(On different Occasions) I recognized the honda from the rear trunk lights(broken) +Shape.On inquiring, i got to know that out of 3 passengers only one survived with broken ribs,fracture Lt-arm & shoulder + small laceration cuts. As for Toyota out of 4 passengers all survived with driver having a minor laceration on ear(Corolla Cabin Was Still Intact But The car Was undistinguishable from Exterior).
    a year back my uncle had an accident on the patch between motorway toll plaza ISb and road till GT Road
    He was driving a 2.0 D saloon 2003 at 110km/hr when due to repair work on the road a few cones appeared in front of him while overtaking a bus thus he slam on the brakes the car swayed from behind on side and started rolling over.After 7 roll overs the road finished and it went in air and landed on the ground on side of road.
    In the car was 52 year old aya sitting on back seat,with her my uncles 2 year son and Uncle driving the car
    Aya recieved minor briuses and a Lt broken clavicle. Uncles son got mutiple lacerations in head due to shattered glass. Uncle himself got two small lacerations in head.After accident the car was totalled but i could still sit in the car cabin as if nothing happened to it as except the roof the rest of car cabin was practically fine Most Imp the windscreen was still intact + four door windows intact.
    My point is this model of corolla is Designed By LEXUS Japan for toyota.The pillar contains Reinforced steel rods for better safety.Tha car Chassis Is Designed for passenger safety and durability.Pillar Plays a vital role in safety of passegers due to its characteristic design concept
    Life is Precious -- Drive Carefully

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have city 2006 VTEC 1.5
    It is not shaky at all , actually it becomes more stable at higher speed owing to its stiffer front susspension comparitive to the previous model and also has no problems with initial pickup owing to its 1500CC engine and choice of three transmision modes.
    It generates more power with VTEC engaged i.e at high RPM so also at higerspeeds it has more control and power
    specially in 6th and 7th gear mode. top speed is excellent.
    I havent tested the limits but touches 160km/hr with ease( lighter body then civic )
    Road grip and stability is good enough with to 185 tyres.
    Only thing that i feel missing is ABS breaks. this car really needs ABS for better handling the corners at speed.

About Liana,shaking at speed, typical suzuki problems( almost in every model)
    The main reason of shaking is wheel balancing and tyres. could be play in suspension and steering assembly in older cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Diamond
    both the engines, 1.5 of exi and 1.5 vtec produce 110 bhp, the advantage in vtec one is that it gives better torque at low revs.....
    its all about power to weight ratio...

GLI
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've driven a Vario 2005 for about a month, and its much more stable than the XLi/GLi. As hhh, initial accerleation is poor, well I think it sucks, but seriously, after the 90-100 mark the car really picks up speed and easily goes onto 140+, and then tends to get slightly shaky, but thats respectable since you dont normally drive at those speeds. My GLi gets bitc*y at 90/100 and even with 205 Pirelli's, its moving around(well not literally). Just check out the front bumper of the Shitty(its like pointy *** aerodinamic). Liana is crap while the XLi has a sweet engine, acceleration is wonderful! V8 POWER!
    A revolution against the jahil of this nation!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shaan

well dude ,,,,your post have been able to finish my complaints about the huge front pillars of corolla........one more complaint from corolla is down.........two or three are left.
    nothingh last forever,,even cold november rain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@G

yes you are right abt the low rpm range, i was typically refering to the high rpm range cam lobe for VTEC whic is engaged at 4500+ RPM for higher output.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well fellaws. I took my car to suzuki dude and he checked it and told me to get my tires balanced from some moderen shop and not a tire wala. I have 195 Kumho tyres in my car with stock rims.

Well the pillar thing as told by the fellow pakwheeler is good for us. As long as rear head rests are concerned its ok you dont always have to reverse the car.

People who think Liana is a crap. People go and drive a liana your comments will change. City and Liana are almost the same but liana has got more features better brakes and better handling. This all was compared by my friend who owns a city IDSI 2004 or 2005 not sure.

I am very happy with my decision of buying a liana this car is superub.

Liana has a safety rod in its front bumper as well to save the passengers and car on impact. I saw this rod my self in the dealership where an accidented liana was getting repaired .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asd
    There is almost no engine noise even at higher speeds just the hawa ki awaz . almost 90% of the times I am alone so i try to keep my volume at 30 to stay away from saree awazain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List