29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Liana & City common faults

Friends I have noticed that liana and city has some common faults in them.

1 They both gets a little shakey between 100 to 120 km/h.

2 They have a very thick front pillar due to which these cars have very poor visibility on turns and curvy road.

The other day a friend who owns a new city had an accident (minor sa) coz he couldnt see a cycle wala who was covered in the pillar.

3 Rear view of these cars sucks. City rear view is better as it does not has rear head rests but you cannot see a thing when reversing these cars.

I have touched 130 km/h on my liana and it was pretty smooth but the other day I took it on motorway and touched 140, the car was a shaking a bit, it maybe due to a little wind pressure but as compared to baleno, baleno remained pretty smooth on motorway.

Are these new cars which are higher like city, liana, corolla, has some problem with their aero dynamics or what ?.

Another thing about liana at 140 there was a lot of noise of air. Jaisay saree hawa mere garee ko he par rahee hay hehehe it may be due to a lot of height

Other Liana owners please send your feed back.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Ghuncha
    Dear Sir are you sure about this torque theory at lower RPMS with Vtech.
    As the Vtech is not engagged at lower RPMS so it cannot provide any torque at lower RPM.
    If you walk away from your car and don't look back, you have bought the wrong car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

"Corolla is designed by Lexus Japan"

That is by far the biggest laugh I've had all day. Time to educate some people I guess:

a) Lexus Japan didn't begin operations until August 2005 in Japan.

b) Lexus didn't exist in Japan aside from an SBU supplying rebadged Toyotas to Europe and N.A until last year

c) Japanese people don't believe in Lexus since all the 'so-called' Lexus cars have and always will be Toyota cars. And Toyota Japan has been committed to making all of their top-end vehicles as luxurious as possible.

d) Lastly it is now that Lexus Japan is taking initiative to provide higher quality luxury vehicles to the local market which are better than what Toyota provides. It is NOW that Lexus has become native to the country that it originated from. However Lexus will always remain Toyota but will only differentiate by providing a higher class of vehicle that is provided by Toyota. Although there are rumors that Lexus will take initiatve to make exclusive Lexus vehicles, however rumors are rumors.

Please refrain from making uneducated remarks. For reference you can visit: http://lexus.jp
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Arent the Lexus GS, IS series amongst other already Lexus exclusive.

Only the LX470 and the Landcruiser Cygnus are same from what Ive seen.

And GLI ... konsay khwab dhek rahay ho ... V8 in an XLI ??? Please tell me you are joking!
    1st Generation Integration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lexus GS is a modified Toyota Avalon. Lexus IS is Toyota RS 200 (Altezza). Do a bit of research, you can see the links and related stuff.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The new lexus ES

http://lexus.com/allnewes/index.html

And the Camry

http://toyota.jp/camry/exterior/bodycolor/index.html

Hardly any difference

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xain

vtec 1.5
    110ps@5800
    143N.m@4800

non vtec 1.5
    110ps@5800
    135N.m@4500

the vtec provides better torque caz before the vtec kicks in the profile of the cams provide better torque annd when the vtec kicks in the profile is for more hp...
    its all about power to weight ratio...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@NewtonThe headrests in the rear seats as stated by other pakwheel member in reply is to reduce whip lash injury.It is now becoming a standed feature in sedan models around the world.thus plays an important role in safety of rear passenger cervical injuries.I agree with you on the part that visibilty of viewing has deminished but in sedans abroad there are reverse sensors to help you reverse car or reverse camera mostly connected to tv device in car dash.The pakistani manufacturers state that if it is selling why bring change in vehicle.The ABS given in toyota was due to pressure from insurance companies that they refused to insure toyota vehicles due to maximum number of minor claims(main Cause BRAKE PROBLEM)
    You can install the reverse sensors from raja bazaar rawalpindi,Hall road Lahore(I think)

@Cylestyne
    well the statement earlier was incorrectly stated,it was `Corolla is designed by Lexus designers in Japan`
    The car is designed by two designers who joined toyota in 2001 after being offered better package than LEXUS.
    these designers emphasized on optritron meter for a car which comes in ECONOMY CLASS.Just drive an LEXUS 2002-2003 and corolla 2001-2003 you will find the cars almost same.chassis,doors,handle almost all the interior same even the engine block of VVTI 1.8 and 1.8 VVTI-L almost same.No offense to you but Be practical--its a friendly discussion

@asd123

about the liana & toyota height problem,yes you are right that they have a high placed centre of gravity and bigger tyres will help them a lot but Toyota model for pakistan has been designed in this way keeping in view our present road conditions.Drive the japan model it has better control and stability due to balanced height
    Recommended tyres for Corolla by Japan are 195/65 r 15 which they also place in their Corolla S model.Tyres bigger than these tend to disturb cars stability(Practically Tested--if doubts try it yourself)i didnt agree until i felt the difference my self. Lower cars like civic and baleno touch the ground on rough or rural roads.My friend sold his baleno dec 2005, 2000km driven because he told me that it continously touches the ground(Bad Ground Clearance) when taken to RAWAT near Kahuta.Civic is better than baleno but if fully loaded than on bumps at high speed you can hear the rear shocks thud sound denoting touching of shock stopper with body.
    Corolla has a ETA beam rear suspension(same tech as In daewoo)both cars have no such complaints if taken to rough roads.But some one wants the corolla to be more stable at high speeds just change the coil springs to Japan Ones or Sports Ones and if interested in good high speed braking & more comfortable drive then replace shocks to japanese soft type ones(Drive Comfortable but life of shock 50% less than pakistani ones).There is also a stabilizing rod situated in the front suspension of corolla which helps to straighten steering wheel after turns and keep suspension stable at high speed manuvering(this can be easily identified when you raise the vehicle and inspect it from below)

As for the noise problem,yes i agree baleno,corolla, civic,liana are noisy at high speeds.In liana one can hear some air sound and engine noise.Baleno both noises quite noticable. Civic mild air noise but irritating engine noise like a hiss sound.Corolla all models air noise is almost in distinguishable heard a little at 160km/hr but rear passenger and front passenger can easily talk to each other(Due to double rubber seals in door and noise reduction plates).Corolla Xli,Gli engine noise hissling sound over 110km/hr like CIVIC.Corolla 2.0d engine noise disturbing between 95km-hr---125km/hr after that the sound reduces and becomes quite reasonable.Corolla Altis Engine sound undetectable almost till 155km/hr
    All these vehicle engine sounds increases during heavy acceleration

well most people dont like engine sound but our young generation wants the sound of engine to be heavy.
    In top gear 2 days back,while testing BMW M5 he cursed the car interior,button location,shape ,stability but was impressed with the engine when m mode was enabled(normal4000hp and in M mode power of 5002hp)the car sounded like ferrari 350 and pickup was improved by 70%
    The Sound was what impressed him
    Life is Precious -- Drive Carefully

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Shaan. borther thanks a bunch for clarifying a lot of negative propaganda against Corolla on these forums.

No doubt Corolla due to its sturdy body and GOA body design is much more a safer car than the competitors.

IMC is the first in Pakistan to launch a car with SRS airbag. It is also first to introduce a car in Pakistani market with catalytic convertor (Altis)
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a couple of months ago...i had a corolla gli 2005 for my family use....
    wat i noticed was that...... when i braked the tyres created noise...
    my perception is that...the companies when delivers the car to the customers..almost every car has the GENERAL pakistani tyres.. which effect alot to the performance of the car.. means if ur goin 100kms on a smooth red and u have to break for a red signal..then these tyres are not grippy...and produces screetch noise.... which then a user thinks that the performance of the car is poor as well as the aerodynamics...
    and when the tyres are changed to some gud extent....
    the same car gives better performance.....with everything..
    rest as far as about the front pillar is concerned..i dunt have any idea regarding that,...cause i felt honda civic more feasable than corolla gli..
    i dunt prefer city....cause the shape of the car is not user frendly....
    wat u guys say

GLI
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahsan1702, V8 in my Cygnus! Dude if you really couldnt get that line figured out, you shouldnt even be on this forum!
    A revolution against the jahil of this nation!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi and Salam to all,

Well I think that the tryes need to be changed of Liana as they are of General which are not stable at all....
    I got my Liana Rxi Cng with General tyres and changed them after 1 day with Yokohama Aspec tyres....
    The car is now stable at 175 Km on Petrol and 155 Km on Cng....

Change of tyres and proper balancing is a must in all Suzuki cars..........
    Overall I like LIana as its the best car Suzuki has ever made.....

Thanks & Regards

Haaziq Mehboob
    0321-9444151
    May Allah Help Us All....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shaan

grt analysis.....but tell me,,what and where are the double rubber seals and noise reduction plates.....????

""Corolla Xli,Gli engine noise hissling sound over 110km/hr like CIVIC.""
    ...................well also try to explain this point.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@autophile

what is GOA body design ??
    nothingh last forever,,even cold november rain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asd123
    obsevre your car doors edges you will find rubber sealing which is dual layered as compared to other cars in pakistan.Same is for the rubber sealings on the body of corolla where door settles down on closing
    The nois ereduction plates are located under the car attached to car chassis(in corolla almost under door mat areas and in engine compartment between engine and interior
    The hissing noise is a small whistle type of noise of engine when you suddenly accelerate car(keep your ears towards engine while accelerating hard and you will hear it).At top speeds when RPM crosses 2500 you can hear it.
    Well GOA is a symbol of safety design,just like `ISO 9002` for various products. This company`s main theme is to design structures for safety & strength.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shaan

thanks for the reply.....btw..the hissing sound u are talking about is similar to that of jet engine noise,, i think so,,,,,,,,.......but on a smaller scale..

i like that noise.

chao.
    nothingh last forever,,even cold november rain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asd123
    the injector is located near the air intake pipe entering the engine thus noise is filtered out thru the air intake unit.This sound is reduced more to 40% by sealing of unwanted openings in the air intake

yes most people like sound of the engine/injectors but most people are annoyed with it

check ask experts for answers to your other questions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i totally dont agree with ure point 1 ,,,but i do agree that would of heappened on Motor way let me tell u the reason,,,
    moter way is master piece of enginnering ..what I think, the engineers buit motr way a little wavey for the cars to have a grip on the road specially on curves,,i also have a Lian and when running on qadir pur rawan road near Multan it dosnt jerks ,,,corolla sitting at back seat(u can feel)it also dose the same on motor ways...Lian has 4 wheel independent shocks absorbers.wjile coroola dosnt have it.
    i noticed this when i was coming from ISB 2 Mul on Mehran ,its back trunks door was producing noise continously.but wile changing lanes and on qadir pur rawan highway it produced no noise so i asked an cival engineer of hussain cotex he told me this mystree
    Im not intrested in cars....Im intrested in technolgy .
    ??? ???? ? ????? ????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GLI ... I was sure you meant something else..

Didnt get the V8 POWER in ur Cygnus line since before that you were talking about the acceleration in the XLi.

You know these days what stuff people say na ...

Waise ... XLi with a V8 ... would be soo good
    1st Generation Integration

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The whistle sound at high speeds is common in all suzuki cars. If you ever get chance do watch making (from scratch) of famous cars on discovery channel. They (makers) tend to put great deal of efforts on their designs inorder to just get rid of that whistle type noise from their cars. It is sound of air passing through the car. Makers test cars for days in high speed wind tunnels.

Suzuki guys may be avoid all this hassle that is why this is common in all their calls. I am telling from my personal experiences as my family have been owing different suzuki cars for more than a decade.

Anyhow my advice is to switch to Honda or Toyota. Atleast they dont give this annoying sound at super highways. I did swtich from suzuki and am happy now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abdkhan
    well you may be right,If you have proper tires and rims with balancing and alignment you will observe no shaking.If there is wind on the motorway patch yes shaking is felt.I took my daewoo racer upto 177km/hr.No shaking at all but if slight wind then the car shakes and sways even at 100km/Hr.The same is true for my new corolla 06 2.0D saloon upto 140km/hr no sound of wind and no shaking. But 2 days prior due to winds i couldnt even accelerate over 100km/Hr due to swaying and shaking(But no wind noise in cabin)
    Tha Suzuki cars In pakistan are mostly 10-15 years old models,design to be affordable.With passage of time Pakistani manufacturers have decreased its quality to an extend that within 2 months the body parts start rattling.
    Corolla quality and design has made it much more better vehicle than suzuki(Even Though paki manufacturers with passage of time decreased product quality)--same goes for honda.
    The whistling noise in suzuki is mostly made by wind passing over the car body at high speeds but in newer models of vehicles its mostly the noise of the Feul Injector or the engine mechanical parts(Suzuki).This noise is minimal in the new Corolla.(test It Yourself)

@statbat
    No offense but suzuki is considered a low priced economical car.The design concept is not impressive even though a rather better attempt(Liana,APV) but liana having too noisy engine,Low quality products(Friend was told to close the trunk slowly as it may crack the back lights--Design Concept!!!).APV good design But uncomfortable on rough roads.Just go an drive a corolla or Honda.Better drive and in Corolla Quieter Cabin which is hoped for new CIVIC.My point is Suzuki should now concentrate on the vehicle design.It should now emphasize in countries around the world to upgrade the plants to manufacture new models and discontinue old ones.Only then suzuki can compete with the demands of new era.
    One More thing @statbat my cousin owns a Mercedes Benz 300SEL 1996.The car doors when closed are automatically retracted tightly to produce a air tight environment,Same is for the trunk.Ventilation achieved by A/C vents--mild fresh air enters vehicle at all times(Concept is(air better medium for sound)if air cannot enter the vehicle easily thus sound entering the vehicle will be greatly minimized).They have even placed a horn indicator in instrument panel which illuminates if the car is honked from behind to help the driver to know if vehicle wants way.If you sit in this car then you will easily understand what a quiet cabin means(Wind,Engine sound almost Nil-0.2%)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List