Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Suggest Tyres For Honda City 2012

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Nomi929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    566
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Suggest Tyres For Honda City 2012

    AoA Guyz,

    Just got my Honda City Today and m planning to change the tyres.

    As there are only two suitable options for city available 1) 195/60 R15 2) 185/65 R15.

    Plz suggest Which Tyres should i go for, Michelin Energy Savers OR Yokohama Advan DB.

    Tyres should have low road noise and excellent road grip.

    Best Regards.


  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    rao_hims1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    473
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    Dont listen to these tyre dealers.

    Best tyre size for honda city which is closest to stock size is 195/60 15.
    if you dont find this size then u can go for 185/65 15.

    But don't go for 195/65 15 at all.
    and may i ask why? i have installed 195/65 R15 in my 2010 city (bridgestone My01) with absolutely no issues whatsoever. in fact it has slightly increased the ground clearance which indeed has relieved me from the pain of my ride hitting ground all the time.

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    RN427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    677
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys how is DUNLOP as compared to YOKOHAMA brand???

    Seriously when i visited the shop DUNLOP looked more hot than YOKOHAMA...it was stunningly beautiful...Is Dunlop worth buying??? Plz Tell!!!

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    king's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rao_hims1 View Post
    and may i ask why? i have installed 195/65 R15 in my 2010 city (bridgestone My01) with absolutely no issues whatsoever. in fact it has slightly increased the ground clearance which indeed has relieved me from the pain of my ride hitting ground all the time.

    Technically it is not recommended due to greater deviation from stock size.
    As there are better alternatives (195/60, 185/65) available than 195/65 15 then y shud sm1 go for 195/65 15. Rest is the choice of owner

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    rao_hims1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    473
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    Technically it is not recommended due to greater deviation from stock size.
    As there are better alternatives (195/60, 185/65) available than 195/65 15 then y shud sm1 go for 195/65 15. Rest is the choice of owner
    well, while going for a particular tyre size, the main technical concern is the effect on fuel economy....in my case, my car delivers around 15.5kmpl within city drive and with all time AC, which i beleive is pretty impressive anyway for a 1.3L.

    BTW, i wonder why everybody is just talking about dunlop and yokos only, why arent u guys discussing bridgestone here? i have been keeping cars since i was in 9th grade and have tried and tested almost all major brands of tyres available in our market, excluding michelin and pirelli. my best experiance has remained with bridgestones.

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    king's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rao_hims1 View Post
    well, while going for a particular tyre size, the main technical concern is the effect on fuel economy....in my case, my car delivers around 15.5kmpl within city drive and with all time AC, which i beleive is pretty impressive anyway for a 1.3L.

    BTW, i wonder why everybody is just talking about dunlop and yokos only, why arent u guys discussing bridgestone here? i have been keeping cars since i was in 9th grade and have tried and tested almost all major brands of tyres available in our market, excluding michelin and pirelli. my best experiance has remained with bridgestones.
    the main technical concern is not the effect on fuel economy.... here the technical issue is the increase of diameter & circumference and hence speedometer reading nd ABS calc.

    here every body is talking abt. yoko advan db or michelin es due to their good review by consumers though continental etc are equally good and tested bt have less consumers in pak.

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    RN427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    677
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys how is DUNLOP ECO 195/65 R15 tyre for new Honda City 2012???

    I like it very much!!!

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    tigerstyle_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Im using dunlop for my honda city itz look great and grip kamal but have one issue its produce noise when i drove 100+ speed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    RN427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    677
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerstyle_me View Post
    Im using dunlop for my honda city itz look great and grip kamal but have one issue its produce noise when i drove 100+ speed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which model of DUNLOP are you using ECO drive or SP SPORT???

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asim510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNelastic View Post
    thanks for the info
    so i think i will go for 185/65/15.

    In search for YOKOHAMA ADVAN DB... (But are there tyres long lasting for Pakistan environment, i heard something the other way round regarding yokohama xyz series)

    @Asim: yes i am willing to sell them.
    in how much r u willing to sale? please PM me
    Before you criticize someone, Make sure you are better than them.............

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    iNelastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    do u guys know changing the size of tyre from the default size voids the warranty of suspension?

    so i decided not to change the tyres, i am sticking to the stock ones.

    Sorry asim bro, just got to know this.

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    Nomi929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    566
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asim510 View Post
    in how much r u willing to sale? please PM me
    mkt rate is 15-16.

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    Nomi929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    566
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNelastic View Post
    do u guys know changing the size of tyre from the default size voids the warranty of suspension?

    so i decided not to change the tyres, i am sticking to the stock ones.

    Sorry asim bro, just got to know this.
    others things voids warranty too like

    1) Installing Remote Security Alarm.
    2) Car Tracker
    3) Installing new sound system.
    4) HID, Fog Lites etc

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    iNelastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yeah so i think one should not opt for these things

    Regarding tracker r u sure it voids the warranty?

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    Nomi929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    566
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    yup, waisay bhi dont ever go for Tracker Installation!!!

    they will rip apart you Car dashboard, and later on u will hear noises coming out of it

    Quote Originally Posted by iNelastic View Post
    Yeah so i think one should not opt for these things

    Regarding tracker r u sure it voids the warranty?

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    WAkkY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asim510 View Post
    in how much r u willing to sale? please PM me
    Pl check my below thread, tires are up for sale:

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...012-tires-sale

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    n4noaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,267
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Just to update everyone. I got Yokohama dB 195/60-15 for my City 2012 today. As this size is not easily available, so they were a little on the expensive side i.e. Rs 10,500 per piece (Manufacturing Year is 2012 and Made in Japan) If anyone else is interested I can forward him the details of the shop.

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    n4noaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,267
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Also 195/55-15 is available. Rs 11,500 per piece

  19. #38
    PakWheeler Follow
    ALlyIQBAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n4noaman View Post
    Just to update everyone. I got Yokohama dB 195/60-15 for my City 2012 today. As this size is not easily available, so they were a little on the expensive side i.e. Rs 10,500 per piece (Manufacturing Year is 2012 and Made in Japan) If anyone else is interested I can forward him the details of the shop.
    Dear All,

    After months of working, atlast I changed my CITY's tyres. Have installed YOKOHOMA C-Drive 185/65/15 on last Tuesday with Alloys. I drove car for 10,000 on EUROSTAR. After couple of days usage, here are the facts about C-Drive:
    • Ground Clearence very good
    • Road Grip very good
    • Brake in wet(during rain yesterday) spot-on
    • Surprisingly, fuel average increases from 15.8 to 17.7kmpl

    I got them in Rs.7400/- pertyre and whole package cost Rs. 37,000/- (Tyres+Rims) with excahnge from stock tyres and RIMS.

    Thanks YOKOHOMA. If anyone interested may contact me.

    Regards,

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    n4noaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,267
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Post a picture of the rims.

    Quote Originally Posted by ALlyIQBAL View Post


    I got them in Rs.7400/- pertyre and whole package cost Rs. 37,000/- (Tyres+Rims) with excahnge from stock tyres and RIMS.

    Thanks YOKOHOMA. If anyone interested may contact me.

    Regards,

  21. #40
    PakWheeler Follow
    ALlyIQBAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n4noaman View Post
    Post a picture of the rims.
    Check the new tyre and Rim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •