Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honda City 2005 - How many litre mobil oil?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2005 - How many litre mobil oil?

Hi all.

I recently bought City, 2005 model(manual) and am soon going to change mobil oil and other fluids.

Can some one please confirm, what is the quantity of mobil oil required for this model. The mechanic insists that it will require 4 litres, while i saw somewhere that its 3.7 litres.

I use Caltex Havoline 5W 30 engine oil. Awaiting your kind responses.

also, is there any online manual that i can download.

Thanks in anticipation.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3.7 liter is required

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well actually its 3.6 litre but if you use the small filter. If you use the large filter than it will consume 3.7 litre. These oil change guys are just **. Whenever I went they used to put in complete 4 litres no matter how much I forbade them to, in result I had to get the extra 300 ml wasted. Now a days I take a half litre pet bottle, fill it 3/4 that way I have only 3.5-3.6 litres in the can, go to the oil change guy and ask him to put that. Drive the car atleast 50 kms in a day or 2 and then check oil level if it requires more I refill if not than leave it as it is and keep the half litre bottle with me always for refilling whenever i require. That way I am never out of oil or overfilled

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by a_n_memon88 View Post
    Well actually its 3.6 litre but if you use the small filter. If you use the large filter than it will consume 3.7 litre. These oil change guys are just **. Whenever I went they used to put in complete 4 litres no matter how much I forbade them to, in result I had to get the extra 300 ml wasted. Now a days I take a half litre pet bottle, fill it 3/4 that way I have only 3.5-3.6 litres in the can, go to the oil change guy and ask him to put that. Drive the car atleast 50 kms in a day or 2 and then check oil level if it requires more I refill if not than leave it as it is and keep the half litre bottle with me always for refilling whenever i require. That way I am never out of oil or overfilled
    An over oil fill can usually be dangerous for ur car in summers, never allow anyone to do that. I usually keep the oil level a bit lower in summers, the space left over is compensated by expansion after a long long drive.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The overfill practice was only done in my cars first 2 oil changes. The last 3 oil changes I have done the practice that I mentioned the 3.5 litre one. Also you have to keep the oil level in the middle of these two lines or atleast closer to the maximum line but not touching it all the time as most people in pakistan do. Also there is a misconception that cars do not eat oil they do consume a little bit depending on the engine so its always wise to have some quantity of oil so that you have something when you have to fill it.

6. 01-09-2012, 12:05 PM

Site Banned

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List