Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: AC Blower Turns Off Automatically [ Honda City 2000 ]

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,998
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default AC Blower Turns Off Automatically [ Honda City 2000 ]

    Hi fellows,

    vehicle under consideration is a Honda City 2000, and problem runs like this when i turn on the AC on any speed of blower after like 10 minutes blower shuts off, and with it AC also dies and AC clutch dis engages, wait for like another 10 minutes and it will turn on automatically, like its been programmed to rest for some time, running and idle time of blower at start of season was long and now its been reduced to like 10 mins or even low. blower is installed with a relay, its a nissan one 4 pin blue color, today plugged in a toyota denso one for testing but same, AC system is not installed with pressure a switch. today also opened up the center console to have a look at blower speed selector switch but it didnt shown any signs of heat up sorta thing, grip was snug and shiny connectors apparently it seems good too.

    so guys have you faced such situation with hondas or have any clue to pin down the problem, feed back and suggestion are highly appreciated.

    Regards,
    Mahmood

  2. #41
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,998
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Told you its bad connections, anyway - solder the wires together, twist and tape will not transfer full amps.
    yup thats right, just changed the grip of condenser fan couple of weeks ago for same burnt reason and it was same grip, got a kabuli one and installed it, now what would you say the black one i showed shall work or shall i get a genuine one, in my opinion genuine one's plastic seems more fragile but i doubt in heat scenario this black one will melt more quickly.

    soldering i have up my mind but it this part i also call it a pain thing coz soldring down and inverted will be difficult and i hate tape thing, i always use heat shrink and my electrician hates me for this stuff.

  3. #42
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    why do they get burnt anyways? someone messed with them or it's natural?

  4. #43
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,998
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    why do they get burnt anyways? someone messed with them or it's natural?
    natural aging and excessive load, the fan relay grip i replaced got burnt due to excessive load and AC guy installed an extra fan in front of the condenser and jumpered it up with existing relay and it got busted.

  5. #44
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahmood View Post
    hahaha, pa ji this is janian battery and it have lasted several on occasions overnight and your is just three weeks or so old, mine is at least couple of years
    sir from where and for how much u have bought this meter

    AC Blower Turns Off Automatically  Honda City 2000  -1039835
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  6. #45
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,998
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^^ i am having mine for like 4 years now, @margallar got his like a month ago for Rs. 630 i guess from lahore.

  7. #46
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    today the ups wala came as our ups was smelly, he had the same meter, btw any way to prevent this, what should be done on a car whose wiring is not too much far from original condition, no faltoo fan etc, replace these connections ?(my guess is that you will say if it aint broke dont fix it )

  8. #47
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahmood View Post
    yup thats right, just changed the grip of condenser fan couple of weeks ago for same burnt reason and it was same grip, got a kabuli one and installed it, now what would you say the black one i showed shall work or shall i get a genuine one, in my opinion genuine one's plastic seems more fragile but i doubt in heat scenario this black one will melt more quickly.

    soldering i have up my mind but it this part i also call it a pain thing coz soldring down and inverted will be difficult and i hate tape thing, i always use heat shrink and my electrician hates me for this stuff.
    sir what is heat shrink?
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  9. #48
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahmood View Post
    ^^ i am having mine for like 4 years now, @margallar got his like a month ago for Rs. 630 i guess from lahore.
    sir it shows volts only or amps also?
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  10. #49
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    it can measure ac/dc voltage, only dc current, resistance, continuity

    btw @ Mahmood i cant figure out the purpose of the scale between ac voltage scale and continuity option.
    (talking about the 1.5v, 9v 12v) , plus whats the use of the unfused socket?

  11. #50
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    guys please get a proper DMM - this chinese UNI T brand is now worth anything. Pacific Engineering in Karachi sell some really nice multimeters. I bought mine from them, Its made in India but its zabardast.. very accurate and robust, uses 2 AA batteries only. Find appropriate shop in your city.

    I also have a fluke - but Im what you call crazy..

    anyway - replace this connector with a genuine type, Go to the old market and get one, if its got thin wires just remove the spade connectors and use brand new connectors with brand new good quality wire soldered to it. And good that you use heat shrink - its the correct way for any wire repair. Btw please remind me here about the fan connectors, I do know that the civics and accords use a connector with built in capacitor to cut down noise, Does the city use the standard connector? - btw you can add the cap if you want, Take a 0.47U bipole unit and stick it between both wires.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  12. #51
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,998
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    guys please get a proper DMM - this chinese UNI T brand is now worth anything. Pacific Engineering in Karachi sell some really nice multimeters. I bought mine from them, Its made in India but its zabardast.. very accurate and robust, uses 2 AA batteries only. Find appropriate shop in your city.

    I also have a fluke - but Im what you call crazy..

    anyway - replace this connector with a genuine type, Go to the old market and get one, if its got thin wires just remove the spade connectors and use brand new connectors with brand new good quality wire soldered to it. And good that you use heat shrink - its the correct way for any wire repair. Btw please remind me here about the fan connectors, I do know that the civics and accords use a connector with built in capacitor to cut down noise, Does the city use the standard connector? - btw you can add the cap if you want, Take a 0.47U bipole unit and stick it between both wires.
    the amount of work we take from these UNI-T units i think it serves its purpose, recently assembled a digital thermometer with LCD and i was having small **** bits laying on my work bench and i tested at least 4 different resistances and it showed it accurately, will work for kinda projects that is undertaken with this equipment.

    regarding the new grip i am also thinking of getting a used one, i'll simply remove the two thin wires connectors from the burnt grip and insert them into the new one as they show no sign of damage and will joint the other two. and there is some other grip or connection hidden behind the carpet which is un accessible as harness is routed behind the blower motor and evaporator assembly because the color code of wires in 4 pin connector is different then one that goes into the blower, any ways got a grip that is burnt and it needs replacement.

    regarding the capacitor, have no idea and i dont see any capacitor in civic schematic as well, well even then i can confirm that my city does not implement any capacitor unless its hidden behind the evaporator but its not a place to stick a capacitor in. and i didnt get how a capacitor will cut down noise, mazeed tafseelat biyan kejiye iss bare mein!!!!!!

  13. #52
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,998
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    today the ups wala came as our ups was smelly, he had the same meter, btw any way to prevent this, what should be done on a car whose wiring is not too much far from original condition, no faltoo fan etc, replace these connections ?(my guess is that you will say if it aint broke dont fix it )
    bravo got the the answer, now get yourself a water cooler from market

    Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    sir what is heat shrink?
    bro plz youtube ther string "how to use heat shrink tubing/slieve" and you'll come to know all required

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    it can measure ac/dc voltage, only dc current, resistance, continuity

    btw @ Mahmood i cant figure out the purpose of the scale between ac voltage scale and continuity option.
    (talking about the 1.5v, 9v 12v) , plus whats the use of the unfused socket?
    good i dont know either, open the specs of the model on UNI-T web site or google the same question and check and also let me know

    and now you know the proper way of solving some of the queries as they say it at the end of auto DIY clips on youtube

  14. #53
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

  15. #54
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,998
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    yeh chez, i didnt know that either, you won another water cooler, this time i will buy you one when i come over to your place in year 3045

  16. #55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    imtishal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,881
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Nice link on 1st page bro..thanks a bundle..has alot of related info.
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

  17. #56
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,998
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imtishal View Post
    Nice link on 1st page bro..thanks a bundle..has alot of related info.
    you are welcome, untill few months back they also listed LHD IZ versions too, exact as ours, and yes hell lot of helpful.

    on side note whats the approx milage on your machine now and what engine oil you are running her on?

  18. #57
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    imtishal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,881
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    she has crossed 225k.. , Petromin ultra.
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

  19. #58
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahmood View Post
    regarding the capacitor, have no idea and i dont see any capacitor in civic schematic as well, well even then i can confirm that my city does not implement any capacitor unless its hidden behind the evaporator but its not a place to stick a capacitor in. and i didnt get how a capacitor will cut down noise, mazeed tafseelat biyan kejiye iss bare mein!!!!!!

    I am talking about the condenser motor connector, if you look at the old toyota and honda connectors they are very chunky black items, they hold a capacitor in them to quench the spark at its contactor and noise in the wiring..
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  20. #59
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,998
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I am talking about the condenser motor connector, if you look at the old toyota and honda connectors they are very chunky black items, they hold a capacitor in them to quench the spark at its contactor and noise in the wiring..
    yeah i googled it earlier and got the idea, both radiator and condensor fans, headlights, and condensor is relayed by myself, i used the relay box that comes in indus corolla and few years after it and got seperate load wires for each item from battery, solded and heat shrinked each joint, put all wiring in pipes and bla bla, so even things go wrong it wont demage original wiring, so even contacts go bad at the end i wont mind

  21. #60
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahmood View Post
    yeah i googled it earlier and got the idea, both radiator and condensor fans, headlights, and condensor is relayed by myself, i used the relay box that comes in indus corolla and few years after it and got seperate load wires for each item from battery, solded and heat shrinked each joint, put all wiring in pipes and bla bla, so even things go wrong it wont demage original wiring, so even contacts go bad at the end i wont mind
    The fans are already relayed, the headlamps benefit from it as it takes load off the switch. What you could have added was a cut off relay for the headlamps meaning that they would cut off when the engine is cranking, you can route the headlamp main relay to route power through the ignition switch ON position, that way when you switch off the car the headlamps go out, you can also choose to route the parking lamp circuit through the ACC position - that way when you turn all the way to lock all lights go out - like a subaru is wired. It was to ensure that the battery never goes flat if anyone forgets to switch off the lights. It has a separate switch for roadside parking lamps.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •