Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Honda City Mileage 18kpl , Myth or a Fact?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City Mileage 18kpl , Myth or a Fact?

I have seen two honda city eco Fuel meters , one mostly driven on city showing 10.5 kpl, other mostly on highways showing 15 kpl.

A 600cc mira gives around 15-16kpl in city, How come a 1300cc give 18 kpl average?

City Owners ! please explain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Dear,

You need to understand mechanics and dynamics to understand the impact of heavy and light weight bodies. Civic7 has put it correctly already. Heavy body cars have been modified all over the world because in case of crash, strong body will transfer the impact suddenly to the passengers which will result in serious injuries. This has been replaced with light weight outer bodies which absorb the initial impact and strong inner core bodies which stop the injury to the passenger. This is being followed by all the manufacturers world over. Honda cars have same specifications as the international cars(almost...) and they are crash tested. You can see the crash testing videos to learn about the technology.
    Well said. Thats what I am saying. Stronger bodies don't distribute the forces, rather they just transfer them directly to the passengers. The forces alone are enough to kill a person due to a rib rupturing through his heart.

I remember watching a video in which a Ferrari crashed. Immediately upon impact, the passenger cabin broke off the rest of the body and was thrown aside just to avoid such forces. What should we say, ferrari say 1995 civic mazboot hai? lol

I already posted a CLS 550. The car is designed to withstand impacts at impossible speeds and this is the only reason the drivers walked away unharmed.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I get 15.5 km/l on long route and my car is tuned for cng and not petrol.. im guessing il get around 17 with iridium plugs and tuning on petrol..
    I had 2 people and luggage..lots of it.. trunk was full and backseat also had luggage.. although ac was switched off.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Bhai jee, remove the air blockage installed for the CNG setup and you'll safely achieve 17KPL + off your car.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes my city gives 17/18 km/l on high way speed 100 to 110 km/h with ac
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Bhai jee, remove the air blockage installed for the CNG setup and you'll safely achieve 17KPL + off your car.
    bhai ji my car doesnt has air blockage.. it is tuned without it
    Drugs cause amnesia, and other things I can't remember

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as far as impact thing is concerned let me give you an example..
    your forehead is stronger and harder as compared to your buttocks.. an impact to both... will result in your frontal bone getting fractured but your butt will only get red ^^
    force must be dissipated not transferred
    Drugs cause amnesia, and other things I can't remember

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So Can we Conclude these facts from above posts

Honda City is indeed a fuel efficient Sedan and that is achieved by light body weight and small engine 1298 cc (Honda is the pioneer in engine technology) and its manual transmission model is more fuel efficient. Though the local models dont offer much but it is still the best option if at you can afford a new one.

These are the figures that seem logical

City Driving:- 12-13 kpl AC ON and Carrying Load
    City Driving:- 13-15 kpl AC OFF and Light Load

Highway driving:- 15-18 kpl (average - (15+18)/2) = 16 kpl

So all users are experiencing these figures minimum = 12 kpl maximum = 19 kpl (Overall average = (12+19)/2 = 15.5kpl) which is quiet good.

Another point is for the claim of achiever oft 19+ kpl that is equivalent to 54+ mpg (compare that is the rating of Hybrid Prius V that is world leading fuel efficient car and they too dont claim above 50mpg so watch your claims)

Average is Average , Plz dont Claim Max as Average !!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Dear,

You need to understand mechanics and dynamics to understand the impact of heavy and light weight bodies. Civic7 has put it correctly already. Heavy body cars have been modified all over the world because in case of crash, strong body will transfer the impact suddenly to the passengers which will result in serious injuries. This has been replaced with light weight outer bodies which absorb the initial impact and strong inner core bodies which stop the injury to the passenger. This is being followed by all the manufacturers world over. Honda cars have same specifications as the international cars(almost...) and they are crash tested. You can see the crash testing videos to learn about the technology.
    I see sandwiched cars all the time..None of them oldies,,,locally assembled cars are not following international standards,,neither i have knowledge of any localized crash testing of vehicles in pakistan..I guess i am going offtopic so this is it for me.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    bhai ji my car doesnt has air blockage.. it is tuned without it
    Remove the air filter box and check how much resistance the CNG inlet/ventury offers to the incoming air. Your inlet is half blocked.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    So one thing is rightly obvious , 18kpl is not average it the max and that too on highways. You can visit fully.com where you can find worldwide database of user averages there this version average is 14 kpl that also proves this.

18kpl average is just boasting , if someone claims it tell that individual the meaning of 'Average' and to read elementry math and dictionary. (18kpl average means imho 14kpl min and 22 kpl max. which is certianly no the case here)
    I have seen two honda city eco Fuel meters , one mostly driven on city showing 10.5 kpl, other mostly on highways showing 15 kpl.

A 600cc mira gives around 15-16kpl in city, How come a 1300cc give 18 kpl average?

City Owners ! please explain
    The above two explained and falsified? No?

Honda City is indeed a fuel efficient Sedan and that is achieved by light body weight and small engine 1298 cc (Honda is the pioneer in engine technology) and its manual transmission model is more fuel efficient. Though the local models dont offer much but it is still the best option if at you can afford a new one.

So all users are experiencing these figures minimum = 12 kpl maximum = 19 kpl (Overall average = (12+19)/2 = 15.5kpl) which is quiet good.

Another point is for the claim of achiever oft 19+ kpl that is equivalent to 54+ mpg (compare that is the rating of Hybrid Prius V that is world leading fuel efficient car and they too dont claim above 50mpg so watch your claims)

The ones in bold are absolutely incorrect.

Me, a honda city user, drive for 400kms in my car on highway and then the tank gets topped up with 23L fuel. The average drive per liter is 17kms. Is that MAXIMUM or AVERAGE? This happens almost all the time.

In city, I drive my car for 250kms. The tank gets 16L fuel. The per liter driving is around 14 or 15kms. Is this MAXIMUM or AVERAGE? This happens everytime with my driving style and my style of maintaining the vehicle.

You are calculating the average based upon several cars and several drivers with their own driving styles which is out of this world.

If my car achieves such figures, then surely every car can. Its the average fuel consumption of this car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda city is a fuel efficient car there is no doubt..I tested it myself you can get 18 Km/L hypermiling within 2-2.3k rpm acc off
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry. Modern efficient diesels routinely do 50+mpg. I guess you never heard about the diesel car that went on a Eurotrip on a single tank of diesel fuel...

Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanonline View Post
    Sorry. Modern efficient diesels routinely do 50+mpg. I guess you never heard about the diesel car that went on a Eurotrip on a single tank of diesel fuel...

Diesels are out of question.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The above two explained and falsified? No?

The ones in bold are absolutely incorrect.

Me, a honda city user, drive for 400kms in my car on highway and then the tank gets topped up with 23L fuel. The average drive per liter is 17kms. Is that MAXIMUM or AVERAGE? This happens almost all the time.

In city, I drive my car for 250kms. The tank gets 16L fuel. The per liter driving is around 14 or 15kms. Is this MAXIMUM or AVERAGE? This happens everytime with my driving style and my style of maintaining the vehicle.

You are calculating the average based upon several cars and several drivers with their own driving styles which is out of this world.

If my car achieves such figures, then surely every car can. Its the average fuel consumption of this car.

Firstly you are saying that you have average 17kpl on Highway average and i was saying the same thing in prev post that you get 15-18 kpl on highway, does this make my statement falsified and incorrect, so please take your words back

Secondly In City you are saying 15 kpl and i was saying 13-15 kpl , here also same thing applies

What is false and out of this world?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Honda city is a fuel efficient car there is no doubt..I tested it myself you can get 18 Km/L hypermiling within 2-2.3k rpm acc off

Hypermiling is not normal driving , Agree or Not?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hypermiling is not normal driving , Agree or Not?
    With Hypermiling, I've achieved about 23 km / litre on my Honda City iDSI 2005.

Now I've Honda city iVTEC 2012 and get mileage around 17-18km/litre on M2 with speed ab/w 90-100 km/hr.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear RollOnBigMaMa,

Yes I am trying to establish average based upon several cars and sveral drivers with their own driving styles and who live IN THIS world, BECAUSE this is a topic of common interest and maybe based on the conclusion many decisions of many people may be affected , so if your peculiar car and your peculiar driving style may cause may cause your mpg to settle at a higher end so be it. I am just not compiling this for your pelculiar benefit it is for general consumption.

So RollOn

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    With Hypermiling, I've achieved about 23 km / litre on my Honda City iDSI 2005.

Now I've Honda city iVTEC 2012 and get mileage around 17-18km/litre on M2 with speed ab/w 90-100 km/hr.
    Right, With hypermiling i also achieve abot 20-30% increase in avg mpg

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Apparently, this guy achieved about 26 km/l in his Honda City i-VTEC. Constant speed of 80 km/h on M1, with no A/C.
    26.2 km/l (61.62 mpg) after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! - CleanMPG Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You have to strive to keep a constant throttle pressure in a City/Civic i-VTEC. Otherwise, you will keep disengaging the economy cam profile, which adversely affects fuel economy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam brothers,
    I just bought a honda fit aria (a.k.a. japanese city).
    It is 1.5 liters i.dsi engine with CVT, and has done 70000kms (as per its auction sheet).
    07 model.
    I noticed three things with it.
    1. bought it at lhr and put 1500 worth of fuel about two weeks back. it gave me 13kms/l with more than moderate foot on pedal.
    2. filled the tank and came to rwp (where i live) through motorway. kept 130-135km/hr avg speed. got 16kms/l avg.
    3. filled the tank in rwp and till now its half done. im keeping my driving style to in between moderate-light foot. i travel mostly in pindi (live in bahria town) and till now 3 trips of islamabad. it has given me 15kms/l avg in half tank.
    -when its fuel light comes on at E. it gets around 36-37 liters. lets say 40 liters.
    - half tank gave me 300 kms+...that means 300/20 = 15.
    - its odo meter is also showing 15.2kms/l

So all in all i am pretty sure ones driving style and the place where we drive matter a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List