Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 167
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Honda City Mileage 18kpl , Myth or a Fact?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    bilalahsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    46
    Posts
    459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda City Mileage 18kpl , Myth or a Fact?

    I have seen two honda city eco Fuel meters , one mostly driven on city showing 10.5 kpl, other mostly on highways showing 15 kpl.

    A 600cc mira gives around 15-16kpl in city, How come a 1300cc give 18 kpl average?

    City Owners ! please explain

  2. #61
    PakWheeler Follow
    bilalahsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    46
    Posts
    459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    See this thread for Yet another Bogus Claim:-

    If anyone can prove it by Fill to Fill method that would be appreciated

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/per...da-city-2010-a

  3. #62
    PakWheeler Follow
    bilalahsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    46
    Posts
    459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    Apparently, this guy achieved about 26 km/l in his Honda City i-VTEC. Constant speed of 80 km/h on M1, with no A/C.
    26.2 km/l (61.62 mpg) after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! - CleanMPG Forums
    You mean Honda Company Wordwide are sleeping and hybrid makers are fools!!!!!!

  4. #63
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    You mean Honda Company Wordwide are sleeping and hybrid makers are fools!!!!!!
    +1

    Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Aunda Fan

  5. #64
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    See this thread for Yet another Bogus Claim:-

    If anyone can prove it by Fill to Fill method that would be appreciated

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/per...da-city-2010-a
    Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    You mean Honda Company Wordwide are sleeping and hybrid makers are fools!!!!!!
    I am a lazy person but thought to show you this anyways uncle (chalti phirti speedain maarti misaal hai):

    If you still choose NOT to believe, I can arrange a city driven less than 50k kms and do the mileage thingy in FRONT OF YOUR BARE EYES.



    @mubeenshahid, oh yes, prius bhi itna he deti hai


    Quote Originally Posted by fahad_reloaded View Post
    Finally, things are settling down and back to normal. This tank drive includes 4 ppl on board and AC on full throttle for more than 80%. The average kmpl is settling down and i hope by the end of next tank i will be able to get my usual economy as well. InshAllah

    Distance Covered = 603.1 km
    Fuel Refilled= 3600 PKR (34.68 lit)
    Avg kmpl=17.390 kmpl (AC was ON full throttle)
    Cost/km=5.96 PKR
    honda city mileage 18kpl  myth or a fact -409783 honda city mileage 18kpl  myth or a fact -409784
    Quote Originally Posted by fahad_reloaded View Post
    @ Ahmed....kuch keh rahe they aap i-DSI ki petrol economy aur mileage k bare mein....

    Distance Covered=706.2km
    Cost=3359 PKR (new rate) 31.66litres
    Average kmpl=22.305kmpl
    Cost/km=4.76 PKR

    My target is to acheive 800km in a single tank and InshAllah i will accomplish it soon....
    honda city mileage 18kpl  myth or a fact -393882 honda city mileage 18kpl  myth or a fact -393883
    Quote Originally Posted by fahad_reloaded View Post
    honda city mileage 18kpl  myth or a fact -399907


    Any guesses where could i finish with this... My previous record on this i-DSI is 711km in a single tank, i hope i am well on track to improve that....
    Quote Originally Posted by fahad_reloaded View Post
    Today filled up the tank from TOTAL

    Mileage= 640.7 km (first 300 km including the steep slopes of Salt Range Trunk having 50Kg Wheat Grains and 4 persons on board on M2 and first gear drive of the Rawalpindi City)

    Amount = 3500PKR
    Petrol Refilled=35.72 litre
    Average = 640.7/35.72=17.936 Kmpl (i think it is awesome with 4 person on board and 50kg wheat grains in trunk)
    Cost=5.646 PKR/Km

    The pump is newly opened TOTAL PUMP in Margalla just after TAXILA (going from Taxila to RWP on left)
    honda city mileage 18kpl  myth or a fact -384803 honda city mileage 18kpl  myth or a fact -384804 honda city mileage 18kpl  myth or a fact -384805 honda city mileage 18kpl  myth or a fact -384806
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  6. #65
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    Firstly you are saying that you have average 17kpl on Highway average and i was saying the same thing in prev post that you get 15-18 kpl on highway, does this make my statement falsified and incorrect, so please take your words back

    Secondly In City you are saying 15 kpl and i was saying 13-15 kpl , here also same thing applies


    What is false and out of this world?
    Aaah! So I get it now, there is absolutely NO difference whatsoever between "15-18 kpl" and "18 kpl" as constant values.

    omg omg, wait, 13-15 and 15 itself as a constant are also the same!

    Pardon me, I am VERYYYY BADDDD AT MATHEMATICSSSS!

    I am done explaining this again and again sir, PLEASE move on!

    Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    Dear RollOnBigMaMa,

    Yes I am trying to establish average based upon several cars and sveral drivers with their own driving styles and who live IN THIS world, BECAUSE this is a topic of common interest and maybe based on the conclusion many decisions of many people may be affected , so if your peculiar car and your peculiar driving style may cause may cause your mpg to settle at a higher end so be it. I am just not compiling this for your pelculiar benefit it is for general consumption.

    So RollOn
    Agreed! I never disagreed with you, BUT the way you're mentioning it is wrong! absolutely wrong!

    You should mention the mileage figures I quoted and shared including many other members here, those are practical and real life figures, unlike your "15-18kpl" things based solely upon keyboard wars and even more, upon GOOGAL...

    You should mention that driving styles matter, engine conditions matter, engine maintenance matters and with all of these factors being close to perfect, only in the case of a fully maintained car, Honda City can achieve figures as high as 22-23KPL with mixed highway and local driving.

    However, if you fail to maintain the car or use it for hot rodding, kiss your fuel economy good bye.

    P.S. The example above: The person does NOT hypermile, drives it like any other one would do.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  7. #66
    PakWheeler Follow
    bilalahsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    46
    Posts
    459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So you have proved Max = 18kpl Highway mpg = 42 (that I already mentioned and agreed and not contending that), I am talking about Average EPA mpg which is defined as the average fuel consumption distributed over a longer period of time including city mileage. That would enable you to compute the Cost of Ownership of the Vehicle. So we get one side of the Story Here not the complete picture yet .

  8. #67
    PakWheeler Follow
    bilalahsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    46
    Posts
    459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Aaah! So I get it now, there is absolutely NO difference whatsoever between "15-18 kpl" and "18 kpl" as constant values.

    omg omg, wait, 13-15 and 15 itself as a constant are also the same!
    15 to 18 means 16% ppl would get less than 15 and 18 means 16% would get more than 18 and 68% would get in between (according to laws of statistics) , and who said 13-15 is same as 15 , 13 to 15 means 13 to 15 and not 15.
    if u are getting 18 at max how can I say that the city car averages is 18, if one guy is saying that he gets 15 , average of you both is (15+18)/2 = 16.5 means if 100 cars are bought to the test about 68% (according to normal distribution) of the cars would give +- 16.5, and few cars would be definitely at the higher end about 16% that do 18+ km per litres.. If I say that you are the center of universe and average of this car is 18 then 68% of the people would get around 18kpl in say to day2day driving (city + highway combined) which is not the case. Please understand that my initial statement was an assumption that may be proven wrong !! and I have no objection to accept your claim as statistically proven and give you a badge and gold medal for your feats.

  9. #68
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Me too getting a city will check its mileage thoroughly

    Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Aunda Fan

  10. #69
    QFA
    QFA is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    QFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    44
    Posts
    290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Personal experience and damn accurate after using the car for 27000kms. City auto, within town 8-8.5, on motorway M1-with ac 12, M2 with ac 13.5. Without ac local 9 and motor way max 14.

  11. #70
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hmmmm
    chacha ji jado tussi gal manni hi ni te fair te koi faida hi ni na gal dassan da lolx
    n since u have got the avg values already so i suppose purpose of thread is accomplished... !!!

  12. #71
    PakWheeler Follow
    cool_shaizi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    when car is brand new only then it gives almost 16km and after 7000 km average falls to about 9 to 11 km in city ...i got these values from my friends city 2012 whose average falls to about 10 km in city from 16km (without a/c )

  13. #72
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    So you have proved Max = 18kpl Highway mpg = 42 (that I already mentioned and agreed and not contending that), I am talking about Average EPA mpg which is defined as the average fuel consumption distributed over a longer period of time including city mileage. That would enable you to compute the Cost of Ownership of the Vehicle. So we get one side of the Story Here not the complete picture yet .
    ok, ok wait, let me bang my head against a wall first: 1,2,3,4,.........98,99,100!

    After banging like 100 times, I can't figure out exactly WHAT I have missed here hat we STILL have only ONE BLOODY SIDE OF THE SCENE!

    The part in bold and red, WHERE DID YOU SAY THAT EARLIER?? You said the following things and those were proved:


    Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    You claim its a family car so load up your family in it , keep ac on and put some luggage in trunk and try your experiment again not as A loner sweating for economy without any load and trying to prove claims.

    PROVED!



    Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    I request you too start your fill tracking in fuelly site and share it with everyone !! and yes I have driven one and its a good car and also know individuals who complain about its ride quality and power starvation

    Not filled in fuelly etc but PROVED!


    Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    Somebody please post Average fuel consumption plz distributed over at least one month of operation!!
    POSTED AND PROVED!
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  14. #73
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    So you have proved Max = 18kpl Highway mpg = 42 (that I already mentioned and agreed and not contending that), I am talking about Average EPA mpg which is defined as the average fuel consumption distributed over a longer period of time including city mileage. That would enable you to compute the Cost of Ownership of the Vehicle. So we get one side of the Story Here not the complete picture yet .
    FYI, the maximum I posted here is 22.4 KPL!

    and these mileage figures constitute city and highway mix driving, with AC and without AC both are quoted. There are even more posts by him which I didn't quote here.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  15. #74
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilalahsan View Post
    15 to 18 means 16% ppl would get less than 15 and 18 means 16% would get more than 18 and 68% would get in between (according to laws of statistics) , and who said 13-15 is same as 15 , 13 to 15 means 13 to 15 and not 15.
    if u are getting 18 at max how can I say that the city car averages is 18, if one guy is saying that he gets 15 , average of you both is (15+18)/2 = 16.5 means if 100 cars are bought to the test about 68% (according to normal distribution) of the cars would give +- 16.5, and few cars would be definitely at the higher end about 16% that do 18+ km per litres.. If I say that you are the center of universe and average of this car is 18 then 68% of the people would get around 18kpl in say to day2day driving (city + highway combined) which is not the case. Please understand that my initial statement was an assumption that may be proven wrong !! and I have no objection to accept your claim as statistically proven and give you a badge and gold medal for your feats.
    Okay, lets do it your way (I am not sure WHO ELSE in this world does it like this):

    Assuming there are different types of drivers in Pakistan, and also taking in account the general awareness about driving habits and all the stuff:

    5 Honda city drivers:

    1-Me (I love the car <3 because in my style, it delivers more than 18KPL all the time)

    2-You (Seriously doubt the car, doubt the people like me who claim anything above 15KPL for the vehicle, several are here on this very thread. Don't believe anyone because you're damn sure that if this was true, hybrid cars wouldn't be in mass production)

    3- Baba Fareed (Typical aged driver, drives normally, picks n drops kids of a sahab jee in lahore, doesn't know a lot about the car, gets it tuned from thallay wala mechanics, and gets done whatever he finds useful because the sahab seldom gives a damn about the car, car delivers 13 KPL)

    4- Ustaad Shabeer ( Typical professional driver, CNGed car, knows that honda sucks big time, TWO DEE is the way to go. CNG is banned nowadays so car is delivering no more than 7-8KPL )

    5- Khan Bahadur (another one like ustaad shabeer, but all he does is drive a taxi honda city and knows one thing ONLY: time par pohanchna hai; 10 KPL mileage)


    So here we go, the average fuel consumption:

    18+15+13+8+10=64 and divided by 5= 12.8KPL

    WAY TO GO! HONDA CITY SUCKS BIG TIME! PEOPLE LIE! YOU WIN! CLAP CLAP CLAP!!


    THE END?
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  16. #75
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool_shaizi View Post
    when car is brand new only then it gives almost 16km and after 7000 km average falls to about 9 to 11 km in city ...i got these values from my friends city 2012 whose average falls to about 10 km in city from 16km (without a/c )
    Because people DON'T maintain it k "jee nawwi gaddi aa, is nu ki honn laga?"

    Bet whatever you want with me that ur friends car isn't maintained properly! Come see mine any day any time and drive it for urself.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  17. #76
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Me too getting a city will check its mileage thoroughly

    Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Pai g, khair te hai? Aunda walon ne aapki jaib tou GARAM nai kardi? first civic, now city as well
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  18. #77
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Pai g, khair te hai? Aunda walon ne aapki jaib tou GARAM nai kardi? first civic, now city as well
    Liking aunda

    Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Aunda Fan

  19. #78
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Pai g, khair te hai? Aunda walon ne aapki jaib tou GARAM nai kardi? first civic, now city as well
    lagta hai toyota walun ne retire kr diya

  20. #79
    PakWheeler Follow
    Abdullah10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Honda City Mileage 18kpl  Myth or a Fact? -1108959
    any one tells me that the spare parts of nissan otti sports edition 2006 model is available in market?reply plzzzzz
    Honda City Mileage 18kpl  Myth or a Fact? -1108956
    Honda City Mileage 18kpl , Myth or a Fact? - 1108954Honda City Mileage 18kpl , Myth or a Fact? - 1108958
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  21. #80
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool_shaizi View Post
    when car is brand new only then it gives almost 16km and after 7000 km average falls to about 9 to 11 km in city ...i got these values from my friends city 2012 whose average falls to about 10 km in city from 16km (without a/c )
    I strongly disagree with you. My city 2010 is clocked at 65k kms. Even it delivers me 11-12-13 km/l with heavy foot in city drive.
    My car has wider tires and a muffler installed too. When I drive with light foot. it easily easily gives 13.5-14 km/l.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •