Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Decreasing Oil Levels , Honda City 2005

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Jigerstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Decreasing Oil Levels , Honda City 2005

    Assalam O Alaikum. Someone please help me out with this issue. Ive noticed decrease in engine oil level from past 4 months. i discussed it with the mechanic he said '' ENGINE KAMZOR HOGAYA HAI, RINGS CHANGE KERNAY HONGAY, Abhi Aisay hi Chalao Itna masla nai hia.'' i asked about the cost and he replied arnd 40k kharcha aiga. Guys this is too much for me to afford. Car gives white smoke ONLY for a couple of mins when i start it in the morning. Ive noticed oil present in air filter. So what options do i have? waiting for your replies.

    Decreasing Oil Levels  Honda City 2005 -1055304

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigerstyle View Post
    Assalam O Alaikum. Someone please help me out with this issue. Ive noticed decrease in engine oil level from past 4 months. i discussed it with the mechanic he said '' ENGINE KAMZOR HOGAYA HAI, RINGS CHANGE KERNAY HONGAY, Abhi Aisay hi Chalao Itna masla nai hia.'' i asked about the cost and he replied arnd 40k kharcha aiga. Guys this is too much for me to afford. Car gives white smoke ONLY for a couple of mins when i start it in the morning. Ive noticed oil present in air filter. So what options do i have? waiting for your replies.

    The bold part shows this is a valve seal issue only. Replace them. For confirmation of rings failure do a compression check and for the oil vapor on the air filter casing make sure the PCV is clean and in working condition.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    levin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    51
    Posts
    23,112
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    just chk oil periodically like you check tire pressure, fuel in tank etc. This is good driving habit.

    if engine is running it should wear out in time, its only a machine. you know oil level is less when oil light stays on bit longer after engine start
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rizkhan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The bold part shows this is a valve seal issue only. Replace them. For confirmation of rings failure do a compression check and for the oil vapor on the air filter casing make sure the PCV is clean and in working condition.
    @guru bhai...do vapors on air-filter due to bad PCV can account for oil consumption ??
    If NOT, what are the other consequences if kept on driven that way for a long time ?

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    palm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro, drive it as it is. arrang 40 k for engine swap. never go for rings replace or other, put engine oil n drive it as long as u can, n then swap thats all.
    I live in my own little world.
    But its ok, they know me here.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    Jigerstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The bold part shows this is a valve seal issue only. Replace them. For confirmation of rings failure do a compression check and for the oil vapor on the air filter casing make sure the PCV is clean and in working condition.
    Xufiqar bhai it will be of great help if you please tell me where is PCV in Honda city and how to check it ?

  7. #7
    Site Banned Follow
    Goodnok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kot radha kishan
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    obviously he is telling much more mone for rings its about not more than 10K, but its realy problem of rings

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    a_n_memon88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigerstyle View Post
    Xufiqar bhai it will be of great help if you please tell me where is PCV in Honda city and how to check it ?
    What is the mileage of this car?

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    a_n_memon88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodnok View Post
    obviously he is telling much more mone for rings its about not more than 10K, but its realy problem of rings
    For opening rings he will open the entire engine and redo the valves than redo the rings almost a complete overhaul.I know that rings replacement only can be done but our mechanics try to do overhauls for every little problem so they can book some money. One of my friends once took his car to HONDA same model but it produced a clicking sound other than that no smoke, no oil decrease, no power loss, no heatup and he was told to go for entire engine overhaul and that would cost more than 125,000 rs. So these mechanics are just stupid. Why dont you survey the market and take estimate of the parts that are required. For the parts requires XULFIQAR will help you

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Naweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,469
    Follows
    12
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigerstyle View Post
    Xufiqar bhai it will be of great help if you please tell me where is PCV in Honda city and how to check it ?

    there is rubber pipe going from tappit cover to the aircleaner housing just remove it from air cleaner end ... if it is giving some gas pressure your pcv is clean/clear .. now check for heavy oil deposits in this pipe and in the housing of aircleaner ... if you find them it means your car engine is weak .. could be rings or more .. for exact extent get a compression test (wet and dry both) then compare readings with car manual .. you'll know

    if the engine is weak and requires gen overhaul but is not giving any abnormal noise keep topping up oil from time to time and yu r good for another 40-50k kms ... use cheaper oil like shell red because topping up oil makes it economical and slightly fresh so no harm
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    Jigerstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_n_memon88 View Post
    What is the mileage of this car?
    100604

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    Jigerstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naweed View Post
    there is rubber pipe going from tappit cover to the aircleaner housing just remove it from air cleaner end ... if it is giving some gas pressure your pcv is clean/clear .. now check for heavy oil deposits in this pipe and in the housing of aircleaner ... if you find them it means your car engine is weak .. could be rings or more .. for exact extent get a compression test (wet and dry both) then compare readings with car manual .. you'll know

    if the engine is weak and requires gen overhaul but is not giving any abnormal noise keep topping up oil from time to time and yu r good for another 40-50k kms ... use cheaper oil like shell red because topping up oil makes it economical and slightly fresh so no harm
    Thankyou so much.

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    104,000 kms and the engine is worn out? - who built this engine?

    btw running with d'rect radiator fan causes an engine to wear out about 95% faster than normal, using ghee as engine oil also accelerates it. Before parting money from wallet, check the engine thoroughly with proper test equipment, please note that the mechanics andaaza, ears and hawayee fire are not test equipment.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    Jigerstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    104,000 kms and the engine is worn out? - who built this engine?

    btw running with d'rect radiator fan causes an engine to wear out about 95% faster than normal, using ghee as engine oil also accelerates it. Before parting money from wallet, check the engine thoroughly with proper test equipment, please note that the mechanics andaaza, ears and hawayee fire are not test equipment.
    Thats Exactly what i was thinking. I always change oil at every 3000k (Caltex HAvoline Formula). everytime i change oil filter. i take really good care of car. Now ill defenitely go for testing first and then decide what to do.

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Naweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,469
    Follows
    12
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    That pic you posted is showing a lot of oil ... get your stem seals checked ... these seals are in side the tappit cover on valves ... its a typical symptom that car smokes a lot in the morning for a few minutes because the oil keeps draining to cylinder over-night and when you get the first start the smoke is much more .... a second and third opinion from mechanic is a must ... if tappit seal is the culprit use double spring seals while replacing ... i think you'll get hem by the name of mehran or khyber ... the seal stuff is all low quality and gives away quite early after the over-haul a double spring seal gives much longer life ....

    another symptom of faulty tappit seal is some oil drip from exhaust early morning ..
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    Jigerstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naweed View Post
    That pic you posted is showing a lot of oil ... get your stem seals checked ... these seals are in side the tappit cover on valves ... its a typical symptom that car smokes a lot in the morning for a few minutes because the oil keeps draining to cylinder over-night and when you get the first start the smoke is much more .... a second and third opinion from mechanic is a must ... if tappit seal is the culprit use double spring seals while replacing ... i think you'll get hem by the name of mehran or khyber ... the seal stuff is all low quality and gives away quite early after the over-haul a double spring seal gives much longer life ....

    another symptom of faulty tappit seal is some oil drip from exhaust early morning ..
    Sir one thing more i noticed is that the car only gives smoke in the morning.. i didnt start the engine for the whole day and at night hen i started it there as no smoke at all.. this happened 2 times in a row. Whats the logic behind this morning smoke ?

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Naweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,469
    Follows
    12
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hmmm ... i can only create a new theory ... the moister in cylinder condenses and takes oil along .. resulting in more oil in cyl in the morning ... during day no condensation lesser oil in cylinder giving un-noticible amount of smoke ... will this do ? ... still i think it is the stem seals rather only one stem seal had it been more the oil leakage would have been enough to constantly give some smoke even during the day
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asad1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,707
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    use thick oil like 20w40 car will reduce less oil with no smoke

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    Jigerstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naweed View Post
    hmmm ... i can only create a new theory ... the moister in cylinder condenses and takes oil along .. resulting in more oil in cyl in the morning ... during day no condensation lesser oil in cylinder giving un-noticible amount of smoke ... will this do ? ... still i think it is the stem seals rather only one stem seal had it been more the oil leakage would have been enough to constantly give some smoke even during the day
    Now im going to keep that in mind what you and xulfiqar bhai told me. Thankyou

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    Jigerstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asad1 View Post
    use thick oil like 20w40 car will reduce less oil with no smoke
    wont that harm the engine?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •