Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red face Honda City 05 overhaul.

Assalam-o-Alikum,

Dear All, I have a Honda City 05 i-dsi, that drinks out 0.5 liter oil on every 1000kms,with white smoke, it has been a year since it's behaving so, usually i filled it's oil and moved on. Got it checked from several mechanics, they all say it requires Rings and Head work. I also went to Honda Center on Peshawar Road (Rawalpindi). They say it would cost around 40k, while other mechanics say a little less.

I have read out forums on changing assembly of L13A, but it doesn't seems reliable to me, especially the changing engine number part.

1st question :"How much is this Honda Center people reliable on being overhauling an engine in terms of cost and quality?"
    2nd question: " Any other mechanics that are good on Honda cars in Rwp/ISB area?"

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    i agree! L12a2 is the exact code u shud be looking at. even l13a does just fine n wud be a little bit more powerful but im not sure if all the sensors n everything from l12 wud work well on l13. thats why, the original L12 is a safer bet.
    Dear Ahmadbila i've been regular follower of ur threads / replies which are great and helpful though with lots ov technical terms which i dont quite understand. same is the case with L12, L13 pls explain wats these and how can i check same for my ride. i have city 2005 automatic and need to either overhaul or replace engine as per mechanics inside / outside Honda. Its driven 127K.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ateeqsundhu View Post
    Dear Ahmadbila i've been regular follower of ur threads / replies which are great and helpful though with lots ov technical terms which i dont quite understand. same is the case with L12, L13 pls explain wats these and how can i check same for my ride. i have city 2005 automatic and need to either overhaul or replace engine as per mechanics inside / outside Honda. Its driven 127K.
    Although the question was not asked from me but still I will answer it.
    Dont go for overhaul you will get the complete engine alongwith head, block assembly, throttle, coils and every sensor new in 20k plus your engine.
    L12 is 1248 cc
    L13 is 1332 cc
    But you wont feel any real difference in ride quality in daily drive but yes on motorway L13 easily climbs salt range in 3rd & 4th with fully loaded car and yes another thing is that L13 is more fuel efficient than L12 I dont know why

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ateeqsundhu View Post
    Dear so what did you do with your ride finally, change or overhaul? and in any case howz the ride performing now? i have to either change or overhaul the engine as per mechanics kindly suggest based on experience.
    Sorry bro for the late reply. i had replaced the head assembly with same type from Honda Center. Although the cost was high, but it has been 4 years now and i never had to any issue of engine.. It is still smooth like a new engine. Only top up with Liqui Moly and drive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List