0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City Vario Transmission Sound

i am facing problem in my vario, when the speed reaches to 50, it sound like the old bedford bus like hooooooo...., i don't know whether it is coming from transmission or some other part, i am running my car on petrol giving me 14 to 15 in city and 17 on highway with average acceleration, gear shifting is working properly, but some time i feel that it struggle on height like i need more acceleration specially when the engine is cold, i am in a sense that its a problem of the transmission as i used my car on CNG but after dis-mentalling the CNG all the problems are gone, but this sound came after some time while driving on Petrol.

kindly help me, what should i do, specially any good transmission mechanic at islamabad, also some one told me to change the cvt oil, but i don't know wheather the sound will go off or not as the cvt oil is expensive..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

may its a bearings sound coming from any wheels (possibility) when u last change the cvt oil ? what is the milage on odo meter ? n model ?
    vtec roxx!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RL589 View Post
    may its a bearings sound coming from any wheels (possibility) when u last change the cvt oil ? what is the milage on odo meter ? n model ?

i bought this car six months ago, dismental CNG last month, its a 2006 Model Vario, never changed the cvtf, and don't know whether the last owner changed the cvtf or not, milage is 80 k on odo meter, things i change recently is the spark plugs, engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter and complete tunning including throttle service. i am very much upset coz of this sound, how to verify that its not from the transmission, any good mechanic at islamabad..

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

- try running car on a slope when car is in momentum shift to N - listen carefully if sound disappear when shifted to N and resurface when in D.
    CVTF & the CVTF filter need change every 40,000 KM by all means.

If the sound subside when shifted to N - means ... Differential drive is DONE. But there is no harm in changing CVTF & filter after all it is done & over 80,000 kilometers.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    - try running car on a slope when car is in momentum shift to N - listen carefully if sound disappear when shifted to N and resurface when in D.
    CVTF & the CVTF filter need change every 40,000 KM by all means.

If the sound subside when shifted to N - means ... Differential drive is DONE. But there is no harm in changing CVTF & filter after all it is done & over 80,000 kilometers.
    How to change the CVTF filter as i heard that you can not change the filter for the CVT gear box in honda city.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes - sadly the Honda designers do not beleive in using a sump or a serviceable filter, STUPID BLOCKHEADS, anyway your engine will rev a bit higher when cold and will rev slightly higher than normal when climbing a gradient like a steep slope - its how the CVT works. But if you hear a noise and are sure the engine mounts, wheel bearings and tyres are good then its best to check the transmission itself for noise.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro most probably the humming noise is of rear hub bearing broken or damaged. Get it changed asap. Change ur cvtf as well 1 litre of original bottle Honda cvt oil is 1100rs approx. The rear hub bearing is itself built into rear hub so u need to buy whole hub instead of just bearing. It will cost you around 3200rs approx.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    Bro most probably the humming noise is of rear hub bearing broken or damaged. Get it changed asap. Change ur cvtf as well 1 litre of original bottle Honda cvt oil is 1100rs approx. The rear hub bearing is itself built into rear hub so u need to buy whole hub instead of just bearing. It will cost you around 3200rs approx.

Changed the CVT oil, and also checked that the noise is not from the transmission, its coming from the wheel, the honda guy checked it, but i am not sure as i am not satisfied of his checking, btw they are charging Rs 11500/- for changing both the front wheel bearings including labor charges, can any one tell me what is the price of these bearings in open market, any number/siz for this bearing, its honda city 2006.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

walk upto any Honda spares shop mention your car make & model ask for wheel bearings brand new all 4 will not cost you more then 6000.00 add another 1500 for labour and you can save 4500.00
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    walk upto any Honda spares shop mention your car make & model ask for wheel bearings brand new all 4 will not cost you more then 6000.00 add another 1500 for labour and you can save 4500.00
    The only thing different in these models of city is rear wheel hubs which have bearing built into them. That means if bearing goes wrong you have to change the whole hub. Now rear one hub will cost you around 3200rs. Honda official center quoted me price of same hub to be 5500rs plus labour which was 2000rs. I guess as capsat has suggested please go to any Honda spare parts shop and take an estimate of all four bearings and consider labour to be around 1000rs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    The only thing different in these models of city is rear wheel hubs which have bearing built into them. That means if bearing goes wrong you have to change the whole hub. Now rear one hub will cost you around 3200rs. Honda official center quoted me price of same hub to be 5500rs plus labour which was 2000rs. I guess as capsat has suggested please go to any Honda spare parts shop and take an estimate of all four bearings and consider labour to be around 1000rs.

Thanks brother for the suggestion, i always went to honda for any service related issue, but in future i have no intentions to go to honda, they cost like a hell, almost double the market price, no doubt they have equipment, but this time i had a bad experience while changing the cvt oil, the service guy pour nearly half of the 1 liter can on the floor, luckily i was standing there and saw the expensive oil going down, i told him that you have put half of the oil down, he said no it was not much and then he was trying to convince me by showing me the level of the oil and was trying to cheat me by heating up the engine so that the oil level comes up, but unluckily for them the oil did not came up to the mark and after waiting for more than hour they finally asked there manager for an other 1 liter, to level the oil. the thing is if i was not there on there head, they probably have cheated me by puting 2.5 instead of 3 liters, and the cost of oil 1120 x 3 + 500 labor charges, after this incident i told them to check for the noise, so they told me that it is from the wheels and you have to change the front wheel bearing that will cost 11500/-, i was not satisfied coz the way they checked the car , i was not convinced.

i hope to find some good mechanic at islamabad to solve the issue. however how can i myself find that the noise is coming from which wheel?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

they spilled out the fluid? did they not have the correct sized funnel? and 11500 for bearing change? did they give you a written estimate?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what hold you to punch the guy when oil was spilling out ? if Honda quoted a price for parts you can conveniently check from open market for the same

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i had bad experience at honda as well they take every job very casually i was standing all the time on his head and looking at the minutest thing he was doing !! he didn't put back the cvtf drain out nut he was about to pour then suddenly i yelled ustad nut to band kr and the idiot smiled they are very careless and to my surprise they take tools from one another only one set roam around i only thought suzuki guys do it but honda walla are no good !!
    HONDA+NISSAN=POWER MEETS STYLE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Before replacing the bearing check your Tyre, I have City 2005 model and facing same problem. I diagnose it and swap the wheel with my civic (14 to 15 size of Tyre) Bad sound gone. So first confirm the condition of your Tyre then go to bearing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by typeN View Post
    they take tools from one another only one set roam around
    report such workshop to their brand owner in this case Honda. And never take your car there again. A workshop or mechanic who cannot afford tools for every station is absolute garbage.

Their lack of responsibility guarantees fekups in jobs requiring some sort of attention.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro the actual quantity of cvt oil is 3.5 liters. U need to purchase 4 bottles of one litre if you have drained out the whole oil. You can check the city fan club thread I have mentioned there explicitly. 500rs for labour that's very high bro. As zulfikar mentioned weren't they using proper sized funnel? I guess Honda service centers are employing cheap and very un experienced mechanics.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the problem you are facing can be no other than the wheel bearings especially the front ones... mostly it sounds like hoooo as u mentioned or "roooon" ... the wheel bearings for both the front wheels costs 4800/- approx ... any good mechanic can change em and they merely charge 400 or 500 for the work....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rs 500/- labour for both hubs to be removed and bearings pressed out and in? I doubt that. Even in mid 2010 decade the job was about Rs 1500/- altogether.

dont forget to apply a coating of CV joint grease to the hub splines where the axle fits, its recommended practice to ensure the Hub nut gets tightened to spec.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Kashif Khan

Guys....I've been experiencing same hooooo sound since 01 month, luckily my mechanic (who is well hands on experienced on almost all 04 wheelers of renowned brands) advised me to change front wheel bearings, he did it 02 weeks ago and sound was gone 100%. Keep remembering Such sound never relates to CVT. CVT always creats problem of jerking...if your CVT jerks, replace CVT oil before or at 20,000 Km and avoid to get it fixed. This will make CVT long life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List