0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City Vario Transmission Sound

i am facing problem in my vario, when the speed reaches to 50, it sound like the old bedford bus like hooooooo...., i don't know whether it is coming from transmission or some other part, i am running my car on petrol giving me 14 to 15 in city and 17 on highway with average acceleration, gear shifting is working properly, but some time i feel that it struggle on height like i need more acceleration specially when the engine is cold, i am in a sense that its a problem of the transmission as i used my car on CNG but after dis-mentalling the CNG all the problems are gone, but this sound came after some time while driving on Petrol.

kindly help me, what should i do, specially any good transmission mechanic at islamabad, also some one told me to change the cvt oil, but i don't know wheather the sound will go off or not as the cvt oil is expensive..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    Bro the actual quantity of cvt oil is 3.5 liters. U need to purchase 4 bottles of one litre if you have drained out the whole oil. You can check the city fan club thread I have mentioned there explicitly. 500rs for labour that's very high bro. As zulfikar mentioned weren't they using proper sized funnel? I guess Honda service centers are employing cheap and very un experienced mechanics.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

Brother the big bottle come in 3.7 liter but they told me, infact there supervisor told me that it consume 3 liters, and after 3 liters the level was fine. the labor was 500/-, which is too high, but honda is honda, what can u say.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashi98 View Post
    Guys....I've been experiencing same hooooo sound since 01 month, luckily my mechanic (who is well hands on experienced on almost all 04 wheelers of renowned brands) advised me to change front wheel bearings, he did it 02 weeks ago and sound was gone 100%. Keep remembering Such sound never relates to CVT. CVT always creats problem of jerking...if your CVT jerks, replace CVT oil before or at 20,000 Km and avoid to get it fixed. This will make CVT long life.
    i changed CVT too, but still the sound is coming, i think its from wheels but can't figure which wheel, as the sound come when speed reaches to 40 and above, still in search for some good mechanic at islamabad, btw how much was the cost for the front wheels bearings?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    what hold you to punch the guy when oil was spilling out ? if Honda quoted a price for parts you can conveniently check from open market for the same
    i told him otherwise the whole can would be on floor, cvt oil price is same in open market only the charges for labour are too much high..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by typeN View Post
    i had bad experience at honda as well they take every job very casually i was standing all the time on his head and looking at the minutest thing he was doing !! he didn't put back the cvtf drain out nut he was about to pour then suddenly i yelled ustad nut to band kr and the idiot smiled they are very careless and to my surprise they take tools from one another only one set roam around i only thought suzuki guys do it but honda walla are no good !!
    agreed bro..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List