0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2006 ?!?!

Few days back me; tauseen123, SAABi and gem_guy went to dealerships of Chevrolet, Suzuki, Honda, World Automobiles ( for Nissan ) and to a few importers.

{sorry guys no Pics for you all, we din't had a camera or a camera phone }

We have quiet alot of conclusions about quiet alot of Cars and imports which I would like gem_guy and SAABi to start on this Topic and allow other members @ PakWheels.com to comment and give their views upon.

The thing i want to state here is the New City(s) Engine.
    The engine code of it is L12A2 or something like this, I MEAN L12 is for Sure Confirm!! .... whereas The engine code of City which came Before the Fish Faced Models ( NO OFFENSE INTENDED, PLEASE ! ) had an engine coded 13A2. Which was 1300cc.

The point here to note is that By the engine code of the new City we can Conclude it being a 1200cc engine RATHER THEN A 1300cc as CLAiMED by Honda PK!!!!!

And maybe this is the very Same reason it has astonishingly Low Fuel consumtion as Compared to all other 1300cc's in iTs Class!!!!!

I urge all the Technically sound members @ PakWheels.com to assisst us, all members, about the REAL Engine Displacement of the engine coded L12A2.

R3GAR|)s.
    Syed Swift A|i.
    ( Arid soul bhai.. You will always be there in the hearts and souls of many! )

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aslamalaikum
    mujhy lag raha hay kay ya koi toyota wala honda kay khilaf likhwa raha hay.waisay daikho to CITY apni class main kisi say bhi kam nahi hay.wo LIANA OR XLI dono say compete kar sakti hay.agar kisi nay registration khud karwai ho to usay pata ho ga kay corolla XLI ka token city say kam hay kyun kay wo 1293 hay or city ka is liyay zayada hay kay kyun kay wo 1300 hay.fuel consumption kam honay ki ik waja uski shape hay.agar wo 1200 hay to wo kaisay 190km\h tak chali jati hay

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ADMIN
    If this is true fact then Someone pass this threads to HONDA Pakistan / Pakistan Automobiles authorithies / local Newspaper

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AHH! V did visit sum dealerships, which ofcourse WAS FUN! LOLZz hum log ke paas camera fone he nahee hai!!

Yes the engine was L12A2, which has to b a 1.2L engine, that is if the engine CODE is correct, LOLZz Since the engine code is correct, the city has to be sumwhere around 1200cc...
    And tauseen, if u INTEND no offence then dont call the city FISH FACE! This is sumthing u blve, and u mite as well keep it to yr self! U mite as well say i INTEND sum offence
    Blood Type: R

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jahan tak baat rahee achee fuel cons. kee to having a 1.2L engine mite not b the only reason for its AWSOME fuel consumption! I mean its better then the santro 999cc, which i happen to own.... HONDA CiTY is a car which has a grt fuel consumption and mind u a difference of 50cc may not make such a huge diffenrce in a car's FUEL EFFICEINCY! Honda city agar 15kpl detee hai to wo koi aam c baat nahee hai Liana 13kpl detee hai jo k FACTORY FIGURES hain, yahan PAKISTAN mein shayd he de pae wo 13kpl! City kam se kam 3 KM to zada deteee he hai aik liter FUEL MEIN!!.

And dont try to cover this fact by saying that the city is 1246cc (spectra bhai's figure)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WHT ATLAS HONDA is doing is of course wrong, if they are selling a car with a 1.2L motor they shud say so..... At least they should not claim it to be a 1.3L engine. HONDA PK shud hav sold the car with the 1339cc engine! But this DOSNT MEAN HONDA IS BAD!! IF SUM ONE IS BAD IT IS ATLAS HONDA! CHEERZz!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When tech_wiz bhai said

"Absolutely NO car manufacturer has the legal right to produce, or even advertise a car with wrong specs intentionally."

This statement means that companies do not BLUFF! There is a possibilty that ATLAS HONDA is giving the L12A2 with increasd displacement! I dont think that wht i m saying here is absolutly wrong, BUT HEY! I AINT NO EXPERT..... I mite b wrong but this can b a possibilty! Y would HONDA lie?? it mite b a 1.2L engine block but it is possible that the displacment wud hav been increased!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

faizanaliahmad:
    I appreciate yr feelings for honda. I Also like HONDAs but this is tru that it is fitted with L12A2 which is a 1.2L engine, ive seen it MA SELF!... Aur city 190kph sadly dsnt proovve ne thing! NO one can say city is a bad car! City is better than many other 1.3L cars in sum cases and definatley is worse then others! Yahan per agar koi keh raha hai ke CITY fuzool gaaree hai to *** hai! City is a great car and provides u with every thing a SEDAN should provide.... SPACE, LUXURY, grt FUEL CONSUMPTION and other things that make a gud 4DOOR sedan!

Y cant a 1246cc car cannot go 190kph? bilkul jae gee.... Aur fuel consupmtion achee hone a reason bilkul ye nahee hai k us ka engine 1246cc hai! Is ka reason ye hai k HONDA CITY is A VERY NiCE CAR!! NO DOUBT! ye wo log keh rahe hain jo City kee fuel consumption LIANA ki fuel cons. se achee hone kee wajha se dar jal rahe hain!! LOLZz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tech_wiz: I too saw the engine in that city and it was coded as L12A2!! it wasnt L13
    And yes.... if the CHASSIS of city is designd for the 1.3L engine, I think it can surely bear a 1.2L engine without ne major changes in the chassis rite?? JUST ASKING!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have no problem with city 1246cc stated as 1300cc
    its good that they brought 1246cc engine as we have to pay less on registration and stuff.

someone stated than city being a 1200cc is efficent and slow as compared to 1300cc cars. i guess 1246cc vs 1298cc doesnt translate into 15km/l and 11km/l differance

anyhow one would have bought city even if it was stated as 1250cc car. when ur looking for a car u look at it as an overall package not engine numbers.

and parents ussually r not concerned about thr car being faster than others, 1250cc would have brought them more efficency concerned customers
    Alpha Romeo 156

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think its L12A in atlas honda city..
    I also found a service manual of l12a and l13a which confirms that there is no difference in dimensions of l12a and l13a except ofcourse bore and stroke. Hence its highly likely that its l12a in honda city.
    here is the link for service manual:

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual.htm
    Power!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MY POINT EXACLTY Redbull_ar

City wasnt made for racing! Its a sole FAMILY CAR! and wht else does one want in a family car... The city completely fits in the class of a luxurious 4door SEDAN!

The car is just simply awsome wen it cums to fuel cons..

REGARDZz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Tech_wiz Bhai,
    This Time Heck of a Offense Intended !!!!
    The first thing in the mornin u should do iS to Wash ur Eyes, SiR, then go To any Dealership of Honda PK, Open the HOOD of any so Called 1.3L City AND READ What iT SAYS @ The Engine !!...............................................
    Just to help u, iT WOULD SAY SOMETHING LiKE ThiS !!L12A2

SAABi merae piyaarae Bhai, u are forgetting Liana has M13A, A DOHC Engine Chacha!! Which tends to give more power with More Consumption of Fuel!!! Or ager woh TRUE 1.3L (1328cc) DOHC hotae hoae 13kpL dae rahee hai TOO iTS COOL!! ab tum uskee Consumption koo Buraa nahi BOOL sakhtae !!!!! So stop comapring Consumtions Firstly !!! Compare Consumtion of L12A2 with any 1.2L!! not 1.3L PLEASE !!! ( and don't say the difference is Minor now ! )

Secondly, ppl saying that the Difference is Minor and can be Negelected ARE ALL WRONG !!!

It's Not Just About DISPLACEMENT PEOPLE !!! THE COMPANY iS LYING TO US !!!! WAKE UP!!!! They Can't Lie to Customers!!!!

and Saabi they Can't stroke up engines to Give iT 1300cc Displacement otherwise The engine code would be L13A or something BECAUSE Honda iS DOiNG iT ! And they ARE NoT FOOLs To Not To label this one L13A !!!

They are Doing iT INTLy , and Labelling Correctly INTLy, SADLY here Honda PK is Bluffing the Market BUT The good thing iS That Their Bluff has Been Caught !!
    I won't Trust Honda PK ever !!! and I just simply Can't Like City Anymore ! Because it's Based on a Lie By Honda PK!!

@ All Bhais,
    I am not Stating or being a Anti- Honda Guy BUT i am being realistic here. The thing which is Wrong should be Stopped!!!! Otherwise these Manufacturers Will Do Anything To FOOL us and Sell us ANYTHING 'THEY' WANT !!
    AND
    I never ever Stated Honda as being BAD, What i said was Honda PK has Did a BAD THiNG !! and its ATLAS HoNDA NoT International Honda !! Plz!

And SAABi Please Stop Projecting Honda City as An ALL MARVELLOUS Creation!! and giving a Image that All other Currently Availabe 1.3Litres (Which City is Not) ARE WORST, AND Can't EVEN Near To the ALL AWESOMENESS oF CiTY !!! LoLz!!

Com'on MAN due to This Lie ! No one should Buy that CAr UNTiL Atlas Honda PROVIDES Customers With either The Right Details and True Figures or Change The Engine to TRUE 1.3L!!

U like City, its Okay!! i am not saying r Trying to change That; BUT Please Spread The Word!! The TRUE WORD !!! and Stop The Lie!!! STOP BECOMiNG Monkeys which These Local Manufacuturers ARE MAKiNG US !!!! PLEASE !!!

R3GAR|)s.
    Syed Swift A|i.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tech_wiz Sir,

We aren't Commenting What they Tell us ABouT Their CARS or WHATEVA But WANTED To Tell YOU ALL WHAT Could WE (SAABi, gem_guy, tauseen123) CONCLUDE ABOUT THE CARS Present Their!!!! AND We WEREN'T Giving un """ULTIMATE""" Review Sort of Thing BUT What in Comparison iT SEEMED To US!!

Sir jee PLEASE Read Thoroughly Before Jumpin In and trying to Bash Others Out !!

.....|).
    Syed Swift A|i.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ ateekt Bhai,
    No Problemo Bhai !! Your presence is everything
    Syed Swift A|i.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tauseen123:

No offence intended but for a kick-off, your long explanations with bold-casing doesn't really intensify an otherwise pointless argument.

Engine codes do have significance but not to the point to which you're refering too. You've come across such a gimmick 4 years hence the introduction of the car.

If there was a catch, Toyota Indus would have been the first client to sue Honda. When you can't measure the Bore and Stroke yourself with all the parameters involved, and certainly can't sue Honda with a settlement worth millions of Rupess, then STOP posting such stuff and making conclusion..

I've seen the engine code WAY before you've but the difference is that i've not made myself look like an *** here, with others *clapping* at my baseless feat.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar Mai Saaraa Tanaaza Hal Kerta Hoo...
    Go to The Honda Spare Parts Shop And Ask Him For The Honda City Pistons ALSO Dont Forget To take a MicroGuage(ScrewGuage) Measure the pistons Circumference and Thats It.........
    maira pass faltoo time nahee kai bataoo kai mm ko cc mai kaisai convert kerna......
    Akal Mundoo kai leeyeh isharaa hee kafee hai....
    We Deal In Tractors Spare Parts +
    If U want to ask any thing About Tractors Call : . . . . . . . .0300-7316097 & 03137886678. . . . . .
    All FORDs , Fiats , And Massey Fergusons . . .
    P®öüd Mëmßë® Öf MPW

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SAABi:

If Honda increased the Bore or Stroke of L12A then it would have become a L13A.

What tauseen fails to understand is,
    that Honda "terms" 1246cc as a 1.3 here in Pakistan.

However it IS a possibility that Honda might have termed 1246cc as L12A in other Asian countries like Thailand and Malaysia and some of you guys read it from Honda.co.th, etc and made your conclusion that here too Honda is lying.

Terming for every region is subject to market demand, competitor varients, etc.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dude, don't get me wrong. Im not sitting here bashing others but just get any XYZ person and make him read your final year project look-a-like report.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ustaad KHANDADA:

How would you measure the internal conical head of the cylinder with your screwguage?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ tech_wiz:

We are all stupid...? Me too...? Aray mere baray se be baray bahi, pehlay meri post to parhoo, main to bola hi nahin...!
    --- Bmw is not in my blood - It's in my DNA!! --- Admin/Founder/Recruiter @ Pwcid ---

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List