Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: How good or bad Honda City is!? i'm thinking of buying one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How good or bad Honda City is!? i'm thinking of buying one.

Assalamu alaikum Everyone!

I'm thinking of buying a used 2007 Honda City.

I've heard that City is very generous on fuel and does around 20 kilometers per liter on long routes if driven at around 80km/hr. Is that really true??

2. Some people say that Honda City also has many downsides or weaknesses, for example, it's not very tough like Civic, Is this also true??

Actually, i'm a Civic lover, I've used civic for 4 years and had no complaints at all. My only reason for buying a City is its good fuel economy but I also don't want to compromise too much on durability. So, if you could oblige me by answering my above two questions about Honda City, that would be terrific.

Your responses would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks very much

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

12 most fuel efficient cars in India | Photo Gallery - Yahoo! News India

.....and

10 Most Fuel-Efficient Cars in India - Page 10

This time these are lists from India where Honda City is as common as in Pakistan.....but in both FUEL EFFICIENT cars list, there is NO Honda City.............either world tells lie or our love to MONOPOLY brands in the country compels us to claim 20-22 km/L for Honda City :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

keep eye on RPM meter maintain your meter between 2000 to 3000 then in city you can get 13km maximum
    and on long drive maximum is 17 to 18

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehran View Post
    @ammarkhan87
    Sir, you may have plans to buy a used Honda City 2007 or 2008 but if you want to really get an economical drive I would suggest that you buy a brand new Honda City. You may not have the cash available but probably with some car financing you can buy one. Fuel economy of a used Honda City 2007-08 will depend greatly on the condition of its engine. If the engine has been run a lot or not in good condition then you wont get good fuel economy. But a new Honda City will give you the best possible mileage and you will be in control. That's my suggestion for you.
    Oh thanks very much bro, i really feel obliged when i get a reply.
    About the car, I think a new City costs a hell lot of money and financing is not a facility, it's a trap, i'm in favor of cutting my coat according to the cloth. But you are obviously more than 100% correct that finding a good used engine needs strong luck.
    anyway, i'm grateful to u for replying bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rnasim73 View Post
    keep eye on RPM meter maintain your meter between 2000 to 3000 then in city you can get 13km maximum
    and on long drive maximum is 17 to 18
    i have a better idea than keeping an eye on the Rev meter, and that is, always keep the car in the highest possible gear with lowest possible speed.

In higher gears, engines shake violently only when we give it too much gas. Just keep touching the gas pedal very gently and u won't feel any jolts and get greater fuel economy. But it can't be done to Mehran or Cuore

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best way is to IGNORE the fuel average digits under odometer.....if City can go upto 20+ km/L then get some "courage" and fill up the fuel tank to FULL, upto brim :-) and drive for 100 km, do it again by refilling the petrol tank to FULL...repeat 2-3 times, you 'll get the ORIGINAL fuel average of Honda City.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To ammarkhan87

2007 is IDSI and most of current threads are about i-VTEC which is used in current models of city. I have 2013 city and it shows an average between 12-13 km/L (one week travel avarage) in the city. Two times I traveled between Lahore and Sahiwal and the consumption on the meter was around 17.5 km/L (from Thoker to Sahiwal bypass). But you should ask the people using IDSI models.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sunhonbun View Post
    well i want to upgrade to softer tyres and have read on the forums that yoko advan db's are the softest but the problem is that no good tyre is available in stock profile 175/65 and i guess advan db is not even available in 185 width, only 195....using a wider tyre would adversely affect the fuel consumption and most importantly affect abs operation...what say? i am open to suggestions as i have also seen many people here who say that euro stars are also good enough but according to my personal experience, they are a bit hard and are quite noisy...
    wider tires are better for grip but engine drinks more fuel.
    Narrower tires are best for fuel economy but don't give good grip.
    High profile tires are best to get softer ride and higher ground clearance making your car suitable for villages but these tires give a bouncy ride on high speeds on bumpy roads and hence reduce the road grip.
    Low profile tires give the best grip, car stays flat around corners and becomes sort of sporty but feels stiffer.

i've got to use high profile ones to get higher ground clearance so the car can easily cope with the gobbar cliffs all around my village. Anyhow, the best size is the one recommended by the manufacturer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drbilalqamar View Post
    Best way is to IGNORE the fuel average digits under odometer.....if City can go upto 20+ km/L then get some "courage" and fill up the fuel tank to FULL, upto brim :-) and drive for 100 km, do it again by refilling the petrol tank to FULL...repeat 2-3 times, you 'll get the ORIGINAL fuel average of Honda City.
    I am getting 18+ according to your formula everytym bro from my steermatic...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To. ammarkhan87

If City is driven on CNG for some time then it will drink litters of the feul if driven on petrol. I see many cars driven on CNG and then cylender removed holes closed and they ask that it is never used on CNG. Inspect very carefully all the places where CNG related things can be installed on a car to know the truth. In my openion if City A/t is driven on CNG for a year it is a dead car then. Good luck.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anwarshahbazch View Post
    To. ammarkhan87

If City is driven on CNG for some time then it will drink litters of the feul if driven on petrol. I see many cars driven on CNG and then cylender removed holes closed and they ask that it is never used on CNG. Inspect very carefully all the places where CNG related things can be installed on a car to know the truth. In my openion if City A/t is driven on CNG for a year it is a dead car then. Good luck.
    thank you! your post reminded me an interesting story. We sold our 2002 civic two years ago in 2011. After some days i saw it on a showroom called "Hafiz Motors", i went to see the car posing myself as a possible buyer, a proper molvee sahib with beautiful beard and turban came forward to show me the car (he was the owner of this showroom). Anyway, he told me that the car had done 70,000 km only, and it is being used by the first owner, engine never got opened and blah blah... the car had actually done 160,000km (when we sold it), we were its 5th owner and its engine was opened twice!!! ... it really broke my heart that y do we tell a lie so much!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drbilalqamar View Post
    First of all I have NOT seen any Honda City doing 20 km/L....seen and driven a lot of 2005, 6, 7, 8, 9,10, 11, 12 of these cars....good on fuel coz City can go upto 14 km/L on long routes and 12 km/L in local drive and 10-11 km/L in local with a/c....but some people claim their City can go upto 18-20 km/L, may be exceptions, one in a million :-)

Secondly...do not trust what odometer tell you for fuel average...just fill up the tank to full upto brim and drive 100 or 200 km then refill amd repeat at different timings and seasons then you can have fuel average.

I have City 2008 and with all the congestion of lahore traffic these days (due to various projects related to metro bus service) it does 13/litre easily. 2008 doesnt have any guage that tells the average consumption, so its actually the number of kilometres driven per full tank ......i just had 2 trips to pindi/islamabad in last few months (Nov 2012 and Jan 2013) and i travelled 800 kms on a fuel of Rs 4000 each time...which practically meant an average of around 20km/ litre.....obviously it depends on lot of things...like i travel on GT road all the time...and do not cross 110km/hour mark...which is maximum allowed speed limit on GT road.....and there wasnt much weight on the car...just me with wife and our 4 yr old kid......may be im one of those lucky ones u mentioned

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As most of the members are claiming Honda City for best fuel average ... that is more than 20 km/L, that is astonishingly more than 55 MPG (Miles per Gallon) for UK gallons and more than 47 MPG for US gallons ... that is more than most of the world record holder Electric-Gasoline Hybrids ........ Think Again :-) If it is true and someone has proof, then we must share our experience with different EPAs across the globe to put this vehicle in the list of world's most fuel efficient cars (without even having electric-hybrid engine).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro , if fuel economy is ur concern ,then u should go for vitz or belta 1.0 or 1.3 .. i hv belta 1000cc , yesterday on the tour to lahore , it gave me 24 km /L on 120 km/h speed on motorway.. it also has better suspension and many luxiorious features if compared to city ..

for comfort , fuel economy , safety .. go for it..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Got delivery of my new City on 26-2-2013 from gateway moters Lahore. Uptill now I drive 545 km including 185 km drive from Lahore to Sahiwal via G.T road, rest is the drive within the city (Sahiwal is not much crouded on roads and most of the roads I driven are oneway). Feul avarage of the total drive is 13.5km/L. I think if I drive very carefully max 14-15 can be achieved in the city drive. If there is some special way to got 18 to 25 as mentioned in the threads please share. Good day.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Start getting problem with reverse gear. Some times it is difficult to shift in reverse. Either I have to do it forcefully and it give grinding sound. or I have go to first gear move a little and then reverse. I buy from Gateway Lahore and cant go there immidately. Can any one tell me what is the problem. Good day.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You don't need to visit Gateway Lahore for any problem in ur car rather u can visit any authorized honda dealership for this purpose. I'd suggest to get it checked immediately from your near most dealership. As far as milage is concirned, it takes some time for a brand new car to get its actual milage. my fiend's city (bought 6 months ago and now having 8000km running) is now giving an average of 16KM/L in Isb city driving.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks sheikh, there is a workshop here which is authorised by Honda, I will go there soon if they will solve this issue under warranty. About milage I was only curious due to the posts of other people. Actualy I drive City first time so I also have to adjust my driving style. Good day.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gear problem solved. There was a problem with cluch adjustment. Good day.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear may be you r right but fuel economy with care of engine required
    in higher gear with low speed is not good for engine in my thinking
    need expert opinion

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

appropriate gear shifting is very important for engine life and milage. high gear with low speed weakens the engine especially in deisel engines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List