Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: How good or bad Honda City is!? i'm thinking of buying one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How good or bad Honda City is!? i'm thinking of buying one.

Assalamu alaikum Everyone!

I'm thinking of buying a used 2007 Honda City.

I've heard that City is very generous on fuel and does around 20 kilometers per liter on long routes if driven at around 80km/hr. Is that really true??

2. Some people say that Honda City also has many downsides or weaknesses, for example, it's not very tough like Civic, Is this also true??

Actually, i'm a Civic lover, I've used civic for 4 years and had no complaints at all. My only reason for buying a City is its good fuel economy but I also don't want to compromise too much on durability. So, if you could oblige me by answering my above two questions about Honda City, that would be terrific.

Your responses would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks very much

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default belta 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by kazim104 View Post
    bro , if fuel economy is ur concern ,then u should go for vitz or belta 1.0 or 1.3 .. i hv belta 1000cc , yesterday on the tour to lahore , it gave me 24 km /L on 120 km/h speed on motorway.. it also has better suspension and many luxiorious features if compared to city ..

for comfort , fuel economy , safety .. go for it..
    sir i am interested in buying belta 1.0 as it is a big car, in terms of size with a luggage compartment as required by me, and light on pocket because it can be bought below 9 lacs easily...will you pls tell about its maintenance and spare parts......ar the spare parts available easily and wether the mechanics are easily available?and what abt the costing of mechanics and spare parts..?/?????? pls let me knw these queries as soon as possible.thank you(naeemokarvi@hotmail.com)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have Honda 2004, Very good condition average 18+, if you want to purchase text me on 03009605360

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drbilalqamar View Post
    As most of the members are claiming Honda City for best fuel average ... that is more than 20 km/L, that is astonishingly more than 55 MPG (Miles per Gallon) for UK gallons and more than 47 MPG for US gallons ... that is more than most of the world record holder Electric-Gasoline Hybrids ........ Think Again :-) If it is true and someone has proof, then we must share our experience with different EPAs across the globe to put this vehicle in the list of world's most fuel efficient cars (without even having electric-hybrid engine).
    you are more than welcome bro Rawalpindi to Lahore, GT road, with my family (me, my wife, 2 children) with luggage in the boot, hundred percent AC on, did 19.5 kilometers per liter. i m again willing to do it for u provided u pay for the fuel if it does less than the same, i wud pay for the fuel. agreed ?

Quote Originally Posted by kazim104 View Post
    bro , if fuel economy is ur concern ,then u should go for vitz or belta 1.0 or 1.3 .. i hv belta 1000cc , yesterday on the tour to lahore , it gave me 24 km /L on 120 km/h speed on motorway.. it also has better suspension and many luxiorious features if compared to city ..

for comfort , fuel economy , safety .. go for it..
    my dad vitz does 17.5 on motorway, the 1.0 version @120 km/hr. i dont know how an underpowered Belta can do 24 on the same IF it is, then its almost unbelievable

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my city idsi 2005 model does 14 km /l on motorway...the 20 km/l story has moved me...how can I improve its average.. changed its plugs recently !! what else?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarkhan87 View Post
    thanks for taking your time buddy!! that's amazing, that means City does have a potential to give 20km/ltr if driven carefully. Fuel economy is everything is i'm concerned about.
    the model ure talking about gives 12kmpl in city driven on light foot... if ure only concerned with fuel eco , why dont u go for JDM cars like mira .. ive heard they give 15+ kmpl in city normal driving
    For those ten seconds or less, I'm free

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GTAkreyz View Post
    Bro if u want to buy a good car buy axio.... City is total **** car in frnt of axio

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    no offence , but have u ever driven city? make an unbiased judgement and forget any preconceived prejudices...
    and we're talking about city 2007 here which will cost him like 8-9 lacks and not cars like axio corola or city ivtec which are almost twice as much

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifaa View Post
    1.very ture city is very fuel efficient is manual and auto (cvt) too
    2.its not true its obvious civic is stronger n powerfull but city is not bad as well
    many things in city r better then civic
    like eps,larger boot space,power window qualtiy,hand brake,cabin silence n bla bla
    Brother City is and always will be inferior to Civic.

Can u explain about hand brake and power window quality?

EPS is dull with no feel and noises surrounds too much in large cabin of City specially on bumps and speed breakers not to mention the stiff suspension and noise of central petrol tank.

Only the boot space and fuel economy is better.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post

EPS is dull with no feel and noises surrounds too much in large cabin of City specially on bumps and speed breakers not to mention the stiff suspension and noise of central petrol tank.

why are u guys comparing civic and city! they are completely different ball games

as compared to civic , interior quality is low and " noises surrounds too much in large cabin of City specially on bumps and speed breakers " is true , but on its own its quite good

its just like comparing a civic with BMW 5 series

best part about city is that it's acceleration is damn good.. where civic 1.8L PT does 180kmh , city 1.3L MT can easily touch 170kmh (given the same space - tried and tested myself)

sir can u explain "noise of central petrol tank." heard this issue for the first time

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Personally i dont like City interior, nothing to play with, Mechanical Knobs for Heater & AC stuff "thak thak thak old old" A car without Airbags is not built for Human

where as Civic has cool interior with touch buttons + Climate control AC more Luxury + Safety

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I'd like to add my experience with city. Owner of 2 cities. One is 2010 80k driven and other one is 2011 70k driven.

Coming to mileage. City's mileage is only good when AC is turned off and you are driving with light foot locally. Yes locally. In these conditions. it will give 14-15km/l.

As soon as you turn on AC and drive with normal foot. A full tank will only do 450-500km max in Islamabad, which turns out to be 11km/l. Tried and tested couple of times.
    I don't believe on board mileage calculators as they don't show actual mileage. My car usually shows 13.8-14km/l in city but a full tank ends on max 500km with full time AC.

On long - I'm a very frequent traveler and drive on long routes once or twice in two months from Islamabad - BWP - RYK. The best I could get was 15km/l with AC 4 people on board and Boot full of luggage.
    It only gives good mileage when your drive it below 3k rpm and that doesn't suit a traveler like me who has to drive almost 900km and one day in hand. As City does 100km at 3k rpm. One cannot simply drive it at speed of 80km/h for the sake of keeping rpm below 3k throughout the journey just to save fuel.

Suspension of car is rock hard. After 7 hours of continuous drive, Backbone get's effed up. When car is on short city roads other than N5. It bounces like hell on even a slight jump and is not comfortable at all.

It is a very nice car for city driving. Very chilling AC, Much better than its rivals. Good acceleration, handling and braking. Overall it is a good value for money.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Are you high? Which ceevuck with 'active' and 's3xY' EPS do u expect one to buy in 10 lakh?

Ever owned a 7th gen? Gosh no! Even if u ever sat in one you would know the handbrake issue.

Yea of course city is inferior but thats how it has been produced. I've owned several versions of both cars. At least be a little realistic.

And cabin noise? Hahaha. You doubt that in a city? Truly, 9th gen is the only civic I've found with a real world silent cabin.

Quietness of the idsi version is by far the best in its class.

Pata ho nahee aur banda post maarne aa jaye just for chaska. Don't mislead others please.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Well I'd like to add my experience with city. Owner of 2 cities. One is 2010 80k driven and other one is 2011 70k driven.

Coming to mileage. City's mileage is only good when AC is turned off and you are driving with light foot locally. Yes locally. In these conditions. it will give 14-15km/l.

As soon as you turn on AC and drive with normal foot. A full tank will only do 450-500km max in Islamabad, which turns out to be 11km/l. Tried and tested couple of times.
    I don't believe on board mileage calculators as they don't show actual mileage. My car usually shows 13.8-14km/l in city but a full tank ends on max 500km with full time AC.

On long - I'm a very frequent traveler and drive on long routes once or twice in two months from Islamabad - BWP - RYK. The best I could get was 15km/l with AC 4 people on board and Boot full of luggage.
    It only gives good mileage when your drive it below 3k rpm and that doesn't suit a traveler like me who has to drive almost 900km and one day in hand. As City does 100km at 3k rpm. One cannot simply drive it at speed of 80km/h for the sake of keeping rpm below 3k throughout the journey just to save fuel.

Suspension of car is rock hard. After 7 hours of continuous drive, Backbone get's effed up. When car is on short city roads other than N5. It bounces like hell on even a slight jump and is not comfortable at all.

It is a very nice car for city driving. Very chilling AC, Much better than its rivals. Good acceleration, handling and braking. Overall it is a good value for money.
    +1 bro. Awesomely written...

Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    +1 bro. Awesomely written...

Thanks fawad bro for the compliment.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Are you high? Which ceevuck with 'active' and 's3xY' EPS do u expect one to buy in 10 lakh?

Ever owned a 7th gen? Gosh no! Even if u ever sat in one you would know the handbrake issue.

Yea of course city is inferior but thats how it has been produced. I've owned several versions of both cars. At least be a little realistic.

And cabin noise? Hahaha. You doubt that in a city? Truly, 9th gen is the only civic I've found with a real world silent cabin.

Quietness of the idsi version is by far the best in its class.

Pata ho nahee aur banda post maarne aa jaye just for chaska. Don't mislead others please.

All the world knows that EPS in Honda was only for cost saving and it was a pathetic version that is why it never came into 8th gen Civic.

Similarly everyone knows that you know nothing about any Honda owns a 2.0D and have a non-sense behavior.

All u ever write is to increase your post count.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drbilalqamar View Post
    Nice....then yours is definitely one in a million :-) You are lucky enough coz Diesel is 40% efficient and petrol is 25% efficient and Toyota Corolla 1.4 D-4D common rail turbo Diesel claims this fuel economy.

No need to go for cng on such a Honda City, if someone is lucky enough.
    A pakwheels member from wahh cantt, Fahad saleem, had an idsi which he sold 2 months ago, used to give him 20-22km/ltr consistently when he used to travel from wah cantt to Islamabad. 17-18km/ltr on idsi is very common. if the car is PROPERLY maintained n driven softly, it WILL give u more then that...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All the world knows that EPS in Honda was only for cost saving and it was a pathetic version that is why it never came into 8th gen Civic.

Similarly everyone knows that you know nothing about any Honda owns a 2.0D and have a non-sense behavior.

All u ever write is to increase your post count.
    lol... mind ur posts sir. Angelina baby is soo embarrassed by them... he owns a couple of hondas. has done countless DIYs on almost all of them. I can vouch for his knowledge n experience. He owns 2 citys, 2 civic and a corolla gli. it seems like YOU dont know what u are talking about. There is severe hand brake issue in civic 7th gen. and so what if the eps was introduced for economy? atleast its softer then the hydrolic version, did u forget its a small family sedan, not a porsche 911... we dont need 'good feeling steering wheel' we need softer steering wheels so that maneuvering in and out of traffic is easy.... so, calm down ur horses, u re not the Mr.know-it-all here, there are others who know things too...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    A pakwheels member from wahh cantt, Fahad saleem, had an idsi which he sold 2 months ago, used to give him 20-22km/ltr consistently when he used to travel from wah cantt to Islamabad. 17-18km/ltr on idsi is very common. if the car is PROPERLY maintained n driven softly, it WILL give u more then that...
    Y Honda City has no Air Bags???? the people who drive city hav no value?? their life has no importance or what?????
    City sucks big time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hameeds01 View Post
    Y Honda City has no Air Bags???? the people who drive city hav no value?? their life has no importance or what?????
    City sucks big time
    Why it is only City? What about XLI? GLI? or even 2.1 million rupee top of the line Altis which has only 1 Airbag?

Oh I see, You are a big time JDM fan. Tell me more about your so called automatically superior effed up and rusty junk thrown away by japaneese people after raping them?
    No offense but brand new car is always better than an abused JDM. I'd happily buy a brand new City over a rusted and abused JDM car. Jis tarah marzi chalaun, at least I will be having peace of mind for 5 years.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Drive a clean JDM with eyes open and maintain it periodically 5 Kya 10 saal kahein nahin jati.

As per my experience Japanese still use cars much better than how we do usually.

Everything about the city is fine the only thing which cancels all is comfort the seats and suspensions is very hard, front seats have poor leg room, motice how the floor is lifted under the seat, dashboard quality is pathetic...

We aren't buying it for free are we even if its 0 meter?!

17 lac ki gari hai koi Mazaq tou nahin but then we should all appreciate because its new never mind it being so much comgortable

The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Why it is only City? What about XLI? GLI? or even 2.1 million rupee top of the line Altis which has only 1 Airbag?

Oh I see, You are a big time JDM fan. Tell me more about your so called automatically superior effed up and rusty junk thrown away by japaneese people after raping them?
    No offense but brand new car is always better than an abused JDM. I'd happily buy a brand new City over a rusted and abused JDM car. Jis tarah marzi chalaun, at least I will be having peace of mind for 5 years.
    Woow what a peace of mind no Air bags a piece of SH*T,
    Yup i am a big fan of JDM, bcz they always make me happy,

People like u jst need a bhata with 4 wheels + Engine, no confort no luxury no safety nothing, all JDM r not junk ok, in City there is no feature at all, Mechanical Knobs for Heater & AC, "Thak thak thak" old technology like hell,

Honda Civic is much much better than cheap CITY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

User Tag List