Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: How good or bad Honda City is!? i'm thinking of buying one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How good or bad Honda City is!? i'm thinking of buying one.

Assalamu alaikum Everyone!

I'm thinking of buying a used 2007 Honda City.

I've heard that City is very generous on fuel and does around 20 kilometers per liter on long routes if driven at around 80km/hr. Is that really true??

2. Some people say that Honda City also has many downsides or weaknesses, for example, it's not very tough like Civic, Is this also true??

Actually, i'm a Civic lover, I've used civic for 4 years and had no complaints at all. My only reason for buying a City is its good fuel economy but I also don't want to compromise too much on durability. So, if you could oblige me by answering my above two questions about Honda City, that would be terrific.

Your responses would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks very much

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdullah1 View Post
    ^Drive a clean JDM with eyes open and maintain it periodically 5 Kya 10 saal kahein nahin jati.

As per my experience Japanese still use cars much better than how we do usually.

Everything about the city is fine the only thing which cancels all is comfort the seats and suspensions is very hard, front seats have poor leg room, motice how the floor is lifted under the seat, dashboard quality is pathetic...

We aren't buying it for free are we even if its 0 meter?!

17 lac ki gari hai koi Mazaq tou nahin but then we should all appreciate because its new never mind it being so much comgortable

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    My father's colleague imported a Toyota Axio 1.8 luxel from JAPAN. It was self import with genuine auction sheet and 4.0 grade car. when the car arrived and he got it cleared from port. guess what? Engine was making weird TAK TAK sound. Engine oil level was appropriate too.

He got the oil changed the same day but no use. Finally upon getting it checked from a reputable workshop in Karachi. It was diagnosed that engine's rods were making sound and he was like banging his head against wall. Even after spending nearly 19 lakh for a good car and he still ended up spending more on engine. Do you still think is it worth buying a JDM over brand new car? At least brand new car ka engine to farigh nae millay ga apko.
    JDM's are built much better than local cars. Agreed. But you are not 100% sure that car is ok or not.

I remember when we imported a LC200, Importer didn't give any guarantee of engine and transmission. He only took responsibility of exterior, interior, accessories and body touching. Buying a JDM car is always a gamble. That's why I said buying a local car is peace of mind. Everything is in front of you and you can check it thoroughly.
    I do agree about comfort part that comfort level of city is less and 17 lac is no way a fair price for City and it only deserves a price tag of 13-14 lac but we have no other choice. Look at that crap XLI which is being offered for 16 lac. At least city is better than XLI and compete GLI other than comfort category.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    My father's colleague imported a Toyota Axio 1.8 luxel from JAPAN. It was self import with genuine auction sheet and 4.0 grade car. when the car arrived and he got it cleared from port. guess what? Engine was making weird TAK TAK sound. Engine oil level was appropriate too.

He got the oil changed the same day but no use. Finally upon getting it checked from a reputable workshop in Karachi. It was diagnosed that engine's rods were making sound and he was like banging his head against wall. Even after spending nearly 19 lakh for a good car and he still ended up spending more on engine. Do you still think is it worth buying a JDM over brand new car? At least brand new car ka engine to farigh nae millay ga apko.
    JDM's are built much better than local cars. Agreed. But you are not 100% sure that car is ok or not.

I remember when we imported a LC200, Importer didn't give any guarantee of engine and transmission. He only took responsibility of exterior, interior, accessories and body touching. Buying a JDM car is always a gamble. That's why I said buying a local car is peace of mind. Everything is in front of you and you can check it thoroughly.
    I do agree about comfort part that comfort level of city is less and 17 lac is no way a fair price for City and it only deserves a price tag of 13-14 lac but we have no other choice. Look at that crap XLI which is being offered for 16 lac. At least city is better than XLI and compete GLI other than comfort category.
    Bro even if u buy a 15 million Rs worth of a Land Cruiser ZX S grade zero meter, the dealers over there won't guarantee the vehicle being in perfect nick.
    You need an acquaintance over there to personally inspect the vehicle for you.

Experience at hand.

Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Most of the dealers and importers have some relatives in Japan who check the car.

The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hameeds01 View Post
    Yup I've got three cars myself from Sharabi u can ask him...

The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default what is ( patrol AVG )Mitsubishi lancer PLZ REPLY

what is ( patrol AVG )Mitsubishi lancer PLZ REPLY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Within the city, I am getting about 12 kmph on my 2005 City with the AC on. It is an automatic, so I am not too unhappy!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Pugnate View Post
    Within the city, I am getting about 12 kmph on my 2005 City with the AC on. It is an automatic, so I am not too unhappy!
    12kmph?. You are drunk.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My manual city 2005 gives around 14kmpl with ac. Driven in islamabad and rawalpindi.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

User Tag List