Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Vibration During Initial Acceleration - Honda City Vario

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    venomdesire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Vibration During Initial Acceleration - Honda City Vario

    Dear All,

    Here i am with a new problem, seeking all brothers help.

    My Honda City Vario, when accelerating from 0 , (initial speeds upto 10-15kmph), experiences a vibration, that goes away as soon as the engine rev's higher.

    E.g on U-turns, or on peeling out of traffic signals, the vibration can be felt (But only if u push the gas pedal suddenly. the sound is not there if gas pedal is pressed gradually).

    The car is stable upto speeds of 150-160kmph and with no jerks or vibrations. RPM is totally stable in D,S,L,N,R and P!

    I have already gotten suspension work done including shocks+balljoints etc (However the mechanic did tell me that there is one engine mount on the 'gatri' (back end where steering rack is), that is worn out (1 week purani baat hay), so could it be the problem?

    Since i hope k koi transmission related problem na ho .

    Experts! Please Help!!
    "Good Judgement Comes from Experience,
    And alot of Good Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

  2. #81
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fahadwizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,383
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venomdesire View Post
    @Xulfiqar : bro the used underwear seemed somewhat very less used ..
    However, i spent a day yesterday at the workshop, ruling out everything including axles.

    We even bought another mount (yet used one again) and tried installing it but to no avail :-S

    Ab samajh ni ara my mechanic says *gulp (i hate sayin this)* k aap k gearbox mai he masla hay iska "first gear farig hogya hay" :-S
    That sucks buddy - thats what i felt like reading your post for the v first time.

    You can get a kabli gear for less than 20-25 k.

    Good luck

  3. #82
    PakWheeler Follow
    venomdesire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dadaaa :-o Automatic hay !!

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    what is your observation? pehla gear mushkil se lagta or nikalta hai?
    also try moving the car (from rest) in second gear and see if vibration is still there.
    "Good Judgement Comes from Experience,
    And alot of Good Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

  4. #83
    PakWheeler Follow
    venomdesire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Heck No !!

    changing the car, thinking of going for a 2008 Cultus or 2006 Vitz .. CNG Lagao khush raho

    Bohot hogayi apne se nahi sambhal rahi hOnda shonda !

    Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    That sucks buddy - thats what i felt like reading your post for the v first time.

    You can get a kabli gear for less than 20-25 k.

    Good luck
    "Good Judgement Comes from Experience,
    And alot of Good Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

  5. #84
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fahadwizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,383
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venomdesire View Post
    Heck No !!

    changing the car, thinking of going for a 2008 Cultus or 2006 Vitz .. CNG Lagao khush raho

    Bohot hogayi apne se nahi sambhal rahi hOnda shonda !
    lol,

    Well Varios cannot survive CNG, that's true. Most of these varios with broken gearbox are sold confusing the buyer as its tuning/knocking/mounting issue.

    yaar 8 lac ki cultus mujhay nai samhaj aati. Cultus should be bought for 5 lacs only and mehran for 2.5 lacs

    Good luck though, whatever you buy keep 50k aside to be spent later on hidden issues.

  6. #85
    PakWheeler Follow
    venomdesire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    True that.

    I was hoping for the new shaped Vitz, but suna hay k udhar bhi CVT Gearbox ka scene hy, k CNG pe transmission problem ajaatey hien :-S

    ajeeb chay qism k workshops + mechanics hain hamaare, they cant even manage to set a car on alternate fuel duhh!

    Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    lol,

    Well Varios cannot survive CNG, that's true. Most of these varios with broken gearbox are sold confusing the buyer as its tuning/knocking/mounting issue.

    yaar 8 lac ki cultus mujhay nai samhaj aati. Cultus should be bought for 5 lacs only and mehran for 2.5 lacs

    Good luck though, whatever you buy keep 50k aside to be spent later on hidden issues.
    "Good Judgement Comes from Experience,
    And alot of Good Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

  7. #86
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,206
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    why cng makes probs on cvt? btw 1.3 vitz has a very good economy. I dont think it would be much of a use installing cng on it (especially if someone has to buy the kit)

  8. #87
    PakWheeler Follow
    venomdesire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro i have a daily run of 60km, means around 2000km in the month !

    Ab agar petrol pe chalaaya to that would mean around 4.5 liters per day and 200 liters a month thora expensive lagra hay !

    whereas CNG pe the same thing would cost wayy less..

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    why cng makes probs on cvt? btw 1.3 vitz has a very good economy. I dont think it would be much of a use installing cng on it (especially if someone has to buy the kit)
    "Good Judgement Comes from Experience,
    And alot of Good Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

  9. #88
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,206
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    yes but from what i have heard, 1.3vitz can easily give u 18km/l.

    if your current car is doing e.g 15km/kg (on cng) it costs around 300rupees daily, where as a vitz if doing 18km/l would cost you 330rupees daily. so its almost the same.

    If you already have CNG then u might consider installing it on new vitz (though its not worth the khowari and considering the fact that it ruins the engine) But if are going to buy a kit just to save 30rupees daily is not a good idea either

  10. #89
    PakWheeler Follow
    venomdesire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro i guess in this city, 18km/L would be quite of an overstatement where har jaga traffic jam hojata hay !

    i have to drive everyday from karachi uni to shershah , which is quite a hectic route.

    So, i guess vitz barely 12/13 km/L de skti hay aese mai...
    whereas CNG runs around 18km/L ...

    so the difference would be vast.

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    yes but from what i have heard, 1.3vitz can easily give u 18km/l.

    if your current car is doing e.g 15km/kg (on cng) it costs around 300rupees daily, where as a vitz if doing 18km/l would cost you 330rupees daily. so its almost the same.

    If you already have CNG then u might consider installing it on new vitz (though its not worth the khowari and considering the fact that it ruins the engine) But if are going to buy a kit just to save 30rupees daily is not a good idea either
    "Good Judgement Comes from Experience,
    And alot of Good Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

  11. #90
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,206
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venomdesire View Post
    bro i guess in this city, 18km/L would be quite of an overstatement where har jaga traffic jam hojata hay !

    i have to drive everyday from karachi uni to shershah , which is quite a hectic route.

    So, i guess vitz barely 12/13 km/L de skti hay aese mai...
    whereas CNG runs around 18km/L ...

    so the difference would be vast.

    well yes, i was comparing it with ISB traffic and with my car which gives 14km/kg.

  12. #91
    PakWheeler Follow
    venomdesire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thats a totally different ball game !

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    well yes, i was comparing it with ISB traffic and with my car which gives 14km/kg.
    "Good Judgement Comes from Experience,
    And alot of Good Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

  13. #92
    PakWheeler Follow
    bnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    41
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Venom - meray bhai. you will need to systematically approach this problem. how many km on the vario engine? when was the transmission last serviced? it simply appears that the transmission and engine are not matched, when power is demanded one or the other fails to keep up with the other, vibration is felt, until the torque is matched. i would suggest this. put your car on a lift (with you in the car) or blocks - to lift the drive wheel off the ground (make sure you get this right!). then start the car, put it into gear and repeat the scenario where vibration is felt. if vibration is still felt with car on lift it has nothing to do with mounts or axles or anything related to the body that would make it virate under strain. i would check the torque convertor on the auto transmission first. that is what is supposed to balance the requirement for power. even before that i would check make sure the engine is ok at low rpms. put the car into neutral and rev it. does it hesitate? if no, first, clean the injectors and tune up the engine to ensure the petrol is flowing properly. also i read on your forum that your car is ex-CNG. ugh. NEVER buy a car that has been run on CNG. cars are not designed for it, especially automatics. so make sure your ignition coil is ok. that is the first thing that goes on cars on CNG. but first it get weak. if it gets weak, then it will not provide enough spark on low rpms. all this testing should not cost you anything. maybe a few hundred ruppes. do not go to a jatka mechanic. if you want a good, reliable, intelligent (and educated) mechanic to go to in karachi. let me know. all the best. B-

  14. #93
    PakWheeler Follow
    venomdesire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear @bnasir , thanks for the comprehensive response, well the engine has around 60,000km on it. And it indeed is ex-cng. However, i am all up for trying the diagnostic thing that you have mentioned by lifting up the car.

    However, i would like to ask you that while the car is on the lift
    * if the car behaves in the same way i.e. vibrating on sudden acceleration, then what could be the cause
    * if the car is normal on the lift, then what is left to isolate?

    The engine itself is stable in idling, and while gradual acceleration the car is perfectly vibrationless.

    Yes please do advise me a good mechanic workshop for this purpose.

    Further more, please note that 1 engine mount (on the gaatri - rear side engine mount) was broken when i bought the car, i bought a used mount from shershah and replaced it, HOWEVER when i replaced it, there was a difference:
    * on the older mount, ENGINE IDLE VIBRATION was not felt inside cabin
    * ON New mount, the engine idle vibrations are felt inside cabin

    Do u think this mount could be faulty? since @Xulfiqar bhai also advised against replacing mounts with used ones, maybe the mount is hard and is transmitting vibrations.. what do u say



    Quote Originally Posted by bnasir View Post
    Venom - meray bhai. you will need to systematically approach this problem. how many km on the vario engine? when was the transmission last serviced? it simply appears that the transmission and engine are not matched, when power is demanded one or the other fails to keep up with the other, vibration is felt, until the torque is matched. i would suggest this. put your car on a lift (with you in the car) or blocks - to lift the drive wheel off the ground (make sure you get this right!). then start the car, put it into gear and repeat the scenario where vibration is felt. if vibration is still felt with car on lift it has nothing to do with mounts or axles or anything related to the body that would make it virate under strain. i would check the torque convertor on the auto transmission first. that is what is supposed to balance the requirement for power. even before that i would check make sure the engine is ok at low rpms. put the car into neutral and rev it. does it hesitate? if no, first, clean the injectors and tune up the engine to ensure the petrol is flowing properly. also i read on your forum that your car is ex-CNG. ugh. NEVER buy a car that has been run on CNG. cars are not designed for it, especially automatics. so make sure your ignition coil is ok. that is the first thing that goes on cars on CNG. but first it get weak. if it gets weak, then it will not provide enough spark on low rpms. all this testing should not cost you anything. maybe a few hundred ruppes. do not go to a jatka mechanic. if you want a good, reliable, intelligent (and educated) mechanic to go to in karachi. let me know. all the best. B-
    "Good Judgement Comes from Experience,
    And alot of Good Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

  15. #94
    PakWheeler Follow
    bnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    41
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If vibration on lift, which means minimal load on tranny/torque converter, check injectors, coil....things that when strain is put on engine and cause it to not perform when load is applied to it, until the rpm raises enough to over come the strain. You could try this with car in neutral first. Do google torque converter and see what it does for yourself.

    If no issue on lift then i would check not only engine as above but also the torque convertor. Automatic transmissions are sensitive. If driven rough, hard accelerations with improper maintenance then problems arise. Judging by the fact someone drove this car on cng for about 50000 km they most likely accelerated hard to make up for poor power due to cng and did a job on the tranny. Then sold it quickly....

    also let us know if the problem is with both ac and without or gets less when ac is off....how about when its just you in the car vs a full car or loaded car? Any difference?

    i doubt it's a mount issue. Mount issue would surface every time you hit a bump or pothole.....I had a mount problem in my car, it just make a loud clanking noise every time the engine was revved suddenly, it didn't give continuous vibrations and then the kind that go Way..mount problem will not fix itself....

  16. #95
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    c123pk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,622
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hows your vibrator now ?

  17. #96
    PakWheeler Follow
    venomdesire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I'll put it on lift on friday and let you know

    Furthermore, it remains constant during AC on or OFF, and remains constant regardless of the number of passengers in the car.

    Well your mount must be broken, what i suspect here is that the mount i've bought used mustve completed its life and the rubber must've gone hard, thus transmitting the vibrations into the car chassis.

    Quote Originally Posted by bnasir View Post
    If vibration on lift, which means minimal load on tranny/torque converter, check injectors, coil....things that when strain is put on engine and cause it to not perform when load is applied to it, until the rpm raises enough to over come the strain. You could try this with car in neutral first. Do google torque converter and see what it does for yourself.

    If no issue on lift then i would check not only engine as above but also the torque convertor. Automatic transmissions are sensitive. If driven rough, hard accelerations with improper maintenance then problems arise. Judging by the fact someone drove this car on cng for about 50000 km they most likely accelerated hard to make up for poor power due to cng and did a job on the tranny. Then sold it quickly....

    also let us know if the problem is with both ac and without or gets less when ac is off....how about when its just you in the car vs a full car or loaded car? Any difference?

    i doubt it's a mount issue. Mount issue would surface every time you hit a bump or pothole.....I had a mount problem in my car, it just make a loud clanking noise every time the engine was revved suddenly, it didn't give continuous vibrations and then the kind that go Way..mount problem will not fix itself....
    "Good Judgement Comes from Experience,
    And alot of Good Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

  18. #97
    PakWheeler Follow
    venomdesire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Pretty bad..

    Quote Originally Posted by c123pk View Post
    Hows your vibrator now ?
    "Good Judgement Comes from Experience,
    And alot of Good Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

  19. #98
    PakWheeler Follow
    bnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    41
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i'm suspecting the torque convertor in the tranny...tell me something....when you put the car in reverse and repeat the scenario, what happens? is the vibration there? if so, is it less? the mechanic i told you about is Afaq, from Asia Motors on Tariq Road. His number is 0300-214-9308. just take your car to him, tell him Bazal Bhai sent you. InshAllah you will be satisfied. Good Luck.

  20. #99
    PakWheeler Follow
    venomdesire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    572
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The scenario is NOT present in the reverse gear :-\

    Quote Originally Posted by bnasir View Post
    i'm suspecting the torque convertor in the tranny...tell me something....when you put the car in reverse and repeat the scenario, what happens? is the vibration there? if so, is it less? the mechanic i told you about is Afaq, from Asia Motors on Tariq Road. His number is 0300-214-9308. just take your car to him, tell him Bazal Bhai sent you. InshAllah you will be satisfied. Good Luck.
    "Good Judgement Comes from Experience,
    And alot of Good Experience Comes from Bad Judgement"

  21. #100
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Salarzae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    12,477
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @venom

    Stop playing around and wasting time & money, go change the torque convertor and you'll be as good as new...
    This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •