Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help required regarding first clutch calibration of Honda City Vario

Hi guys, my honda city's CVT is acting weird since sometime. I was recommended by an expert on pakwheels to get the first clutch calibration done. I went to Honda 2S in islamabad (abpara market) and 3S in I-10 and asked them to do the first clutch calibration. However, there response was, "WTH is first clutch calibration" . I had a similar sort of response from Honda Fort Lahore.

Is there any other name for this process ? Please recommend someone/workshop in islamabad/pindi who can do a proper first clutch calibration. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tell them to understand their damned machines and tools. Its right there in their Honda PGM scan tool, There is also a procedure that is done by jumping pins 9 and 4 on the DLC under the dash and working the shifter and brake.

It is also calibrated by driving the vehicle in a certain way. without A/C or any load gently let the car get to 60 km/h and allow it to decelerate on its own for 5 seconds with no brakes. The clutch should calibrate the feedback. Test to verify.

If they dont know what a calibration procedure is then make sure to write down the names of the people you talked to and lodge a complaint to AHL for incompetent service.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Although the following links states the procedure for Honda FIT and JAZZ but I think its the same procedure which Xulfiqar mentioned.

Honda City is also called as HONDA FIT ARIA in Thailand.

CVT Start Clutch Calibration Procedures (CVT)

Moj
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    tell them to understand their damned machines and tools. Its right there in their Honda PGM scan tool, There is also a procedure that is done by jumping pins 9 and 4 on the DLC under the dash and working the shifter and brake.

It is also calibrated by driving the vehicle in a certain way. without A/C or any load gently let the car get to 60 km/h and allow it to decelerate on its own for 5 seconds with no brakes. The clutch should calibrate the feedback. Test to verify.

If they dont know what a calibration procedure is then make sure to write down the names of the people you talked to and lodge a complaint to AHL for incompetent service.

Thanks Xulfiqar once again for your help. I really dont feel like visiting these big 3S dealers with crappy services. I believe you are based out of Pakistan, was wondering if you know anyone besides Honda dealership in Islamabad who can be helpful. Secondly please do let me know how effective is this driving the car to 60 KM/H method for clutch calibration. Can you please explain the whole process. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the 60 km/h process works but you need at least 3 tries with it. Best use a deserted road. The best way is the PGM tool and the pin short. This procedure is only to check the feedback of the first clutch (as when it starts to bite)

As your trans has fired the torque converter from its position - its making do with a clutch pack, its not a very good design, Its more like retiring a horse and employing a deer to work.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Visited Honda Quaideen today to inquire about CVT fluid replacement and got some weird feedback from them. They are claiming that there is no guarantee that the vehicle would function properly after replacing the fluid as there have been some incidents involving malfunctioning CVTs after performing fluid replacement.

And then he got straight to telling me about transmission overhauling/replacement costs, I interrupted and told him that I only want to get the CVT fluid replaced, the tranny is in working order, after which he said that we have to tell you all this so that you dont regret later. WTH...

Xulfiqar:
    can we perform CVT calibration by shorting pins 4 & 9 manually or do we need the DLC pin box for this purpose?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

DLC pin box is just an extension of the OBD port so that it can sit in your lap because its pretty hard to work upside down under the dash.

That dealership is trying to pull a fast one on you.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List