4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Consumption of petrol while driving on CNG honda city IVTEC

I am facing a problem that the needle in fuel gauge drops in accordance with mileage i travel but key thing is that iam driving on cng not on petrol so ideally petrol should not consume. Car is honda city ivtec 2009. Its manual tranny.
    I did n't find any leakage of petrol from engine n tank. I have inspected the car from enercon and carbon emissions were on dot indicating that car is not consuming petrol along with cng. So these two possibilities r out i.e. leakage and petrol consumption along with cng
    My own analysis is that may be its indication malfunction as new city also indicate fuel average in km/l as i drive on cng so it assumes that car is driving on petrol and reduce petrol indication in accordance with distance i have travelled. But its just my analysis. I need expert advice on it . Experiences of users driving their city on cng highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fuel needle going crazy with CNG installed in Ivtec City is an old old problem. nothing to worry about. the best way to verify is to fill ur petrol tank to the brim. then fill the CNG cylinder and drive around. u can even try two CNG cylinders. let the needle drop. after around 200 kilometers, before filling the CNG up, try filling the petrol in ur car. IF ur car has been consuming petrol alongside, there is something serious which needs to be addressed. if not, then its just a normal malfunction. ENjoy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for reply.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jehanzeb109 View Post
    I am facing a problem that the needle in fuel gauge drops in accordance with mileage i travel but key thing is that iam driving on cng not on petrol so ideally petrol should not consume. Car is honda city ivtec 2009. Its manual tranny.
    I did n't find any leakage of petrol from engine n tank. I have inspected the car from enercon and carbon emissions were on dot indicating that car is not consuming petrol along with cng. So these two possibilities r out i.e. leakage and petrol consumption along with cng
    My own analysis is that may be its indication malfunction as new city also indicate fuel average in km/l as i drive on cng so it assumes that car is driving on petrol and reduce petrol indication in accordance with distance i have travelled. But its just my analysis. I need expert advice on it . Experiences of users driving their city on cng highly appreciated.

Thanks

i have the same problem in my civic...that car is consuming petrol while driving on cng...i m also confused with this problem and many mechanics examined my car but did not find the real issue..they thought that it has problem with gas kit or air filter problem...in the end, an electrician solved that problem...my mechanic mixed up the wires due to which car it self start consuming petrol...pic of car was also effected with this issue....on petrol pic is fine and there was no missing but on cng car used petrol for around 2-3km and then switched to cng itself...but then on cng it starts missing and pic of car was terrible...even sometimes truck overtook my car.

i suggest u to visit electrician and ask him to check electrical things related to gas and petrol specially wiring

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the info. But i am not facing any issue like petrol cng mixing or pick issue on cng. As i have already mentioned that i made the car inspection from enercon and carbon emissions were well in range of cng.
    But u r right i require good electrician. If anyone knows abt good electrician in pindi islamabad kindly lemme knw.
    Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the info. But i am not facing any issue like petrol cng mixing or pick issue on cng. As i have already mentioned that i made the car inspection from enercon and carbon emissions were well in range of cng.
    But u r right i require good electrician. If anyone knows abt good electrician in pindi islamabad kindly lemme knw.
    Thanks

Salam 2 AlL, Dear User of honda city. FYI it?s not the wiring or leakage problem its related from the milo meter strategy, its calculates the fuel quantity as per running mileage & indicates on fuel meter that?s it.. @jahanzeb,, you can visit any good cng center for install a device in your car named (fuel gauge simulator) it will cost 4,000rs max.

Check for (Pakistan Cng) in I 9 Area Islamabad # cell # 03348743643....
    BoRn 2 r!de (Dr!Ve $@Fe|Y ;-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks. This fuel gauge simulator does it have any adverse effects when car actually runs on petrol. ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@jehanzeb109-- fuel gauge simulator works only when drive on CNG, on petrol there is no problem,,..!!
    BoRn 2 r!de (Dr!Ve $@Fe|Y ;-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks

Hi,
    I stay in India. I too have fitted sequential cng kit to my ford figo car. I am facing a similar issue. I have changed the cng ecu as well, still the issue exists.
    -Prashant

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Temporarily what i do that disconnect battery terminal for some time and then reco?ect it. It will not only reset ECU but it will make fuel gauge to read correct amount of fuel aswell.
    I dont do this quite often but once in a month or so. So far this solution is working for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default I face the same issue

Thanks for highlighting the issue, i also have a Honda city 2010 model.

I actually face actually the same problem, facts are when i fill the petrol tank for approx 10 or more liters, the needle shows the petrol available in my tank and whenever i disconnect and reconnect the battery, it shows the petrol
    At times when i open the petrol cover, air blows out of tank and needle again starts showing petrol.

Your observation is matching with mine that it shows average of petrol even if we drive on CNG, although it goes upto 45kmpl but reduced the petrol accordingly and the Range of petrol is also misleading.

I havn't also been able to get the issue resolved, longing to get it resolved as i am always afraid of running out of petrol as it doesnt even start directly on CNG.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont worry bro. I hav xperienced it my self that petrol needle will keep on dropping even if u drive it on cng. Sometimes it happens that during journey once needle drops to it's lowest value it will start to rise again. Occasionally it remain stuck to lowest value. So for that i disconnect the battery terminal for about 10mins it will not only reset ECU but it will also made fuel indicator read accurately.
    But in any case it won't consume petrol. And car will start normally even the needle reading empty.
    Regards
    PS. I would like to hear frm city owners about their car economy on cng (city/long route drive both)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question

salaam guys.

I don't know if I am posting it in right thread or not, if not then sorry for it.

I just bought Honda city idsi vario 2005 model (old shape) 1300cc, its done with 65000km. I am living in khi and normally drives with AC on all the time. I have checked several times and got around 9.6km per liter average.

I want to ask is it normal for an automatic city vario 2005 model or less? Also, how does cng works with automatic city? people told me to avoid installing cng as it destroys gear of automatic city?

thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default petrol indicator issue

Thanks

sir kindly chech the fuel pump ....i had same problem

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default petrol indicator issue

Thanks

sir kindly check the fuel pump ....i had same problem

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Petrol Reduction while driving on CNG

I am facing the same problem in my Honda Civic Vti, 2003.It is also reducing Petrol while driving on CNG. Moreover, sometimes i also feel the smell of petrol. what could be the cause

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have the same problem with my City 2009 IVTEC but when the range becomes zero in the oddo the petrol needle restores to its original location showing actual reading of petrol in the tank.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List