Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City ivtech Milage

Respected members,
    I have bought Honda City 11, its odo meter shows per litter average between 9-11 in city with AC. is it normal. I have heard that city average is about 14-16. please suggest how to improve its millage

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Keep the RPMs low, the simplest and basic formula
    shift gears on low rpms, accelerate slow. keep the air filter clean, avoid unnecessary braking and pushing of accelerator. turn the car off on signals if there is time for it to turn green. learn hypermiling. google the term on net please. with AC, in local, it shall not give u less than 14 at any cost

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks waleed,
    which oil and filter is best, as i want to change both air filter and engine oil

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a city 2013 manual. The mileage in March April (before it got way too hot so less AC was being used) was 13.5. People told me it will get better after 5000 km or first oil change, Now (after 5000 km and first Oil change) its around 12 (11.5-12.5) in a full tank on ODO Meter. Somehow for me, driving with extreme care (low RPM, switching off at signals etc) and driving in a regular way hardly brings a difference to the mileage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ssgpk View Post
    thanks waleed,
    which oil and filter is best, as i want to change both air filter and engine oil
    I am using Honda genuine oil and the oil/air filter are of Lippon. Dont know if Lippon is available in Lahore but it is very good and being used very much in Islamabad. Let me mention it is being import from Malaysia and costs around 300 for the oil filter and 400 for the air filter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ssgpk View Post
    thanks waleed,
    my pleasure bro. been using genuine Honda oil and filter from day one cause otherwise the car would lose its warranty. so far so good. on long routes, on GT road that is, it give me around 20 kilometers per liter @100km/hr, and keeping in mind the tricks and tweaks i mentioned above (with AC on). on motorway, @120 km/hr, it gives me 17 km/liter because the RPMs are high. when the car warranty period will be over, i wud most probably switch to liquimolly, and yes Leppon filters are better ones provided u get the original ones

Quote Originally Posted by chaudri View Post
    I have a city 2013 manual. The mileage in March April (before it got way too hot so less AC was being used) was 13.5. People told me it will get better after 5000 km or first oil change, Now (after 5000 km and first Oil change) its around 12 (11.5-12.5) in a full tank on ODO Meter. Somehow for me, driving with extreme care (low RPM, switching off at signals etc) and driving in a regular way hardly brings a difference to the mileage.
    it does bro. dont get dishearted. one needs a LOTT of patience to mint the most out of the fuel. now if i tell u that last weekend from here to nathiagali and back, the car gave me an average of 21.8 km/liter (onoard fuel computer average, no idea abt the original), u wud say that this guy is lying, but bro i m fasting and trust me it DID give me this much. though i accept, me and my wife went very very slow, like around 60 km/hr in 5th gear, but then offcourse had to rev it up a lil in order to climb the hike. on the way back, i also turned the AC on all the way till pindi.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda City 1 Tanky ma kitne mileage dati ha ........... plz zroor bta dain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    shift gears on low rpms, accelerate slow. keep the air filter clean, avoid unnecessary braking and pushing of accelerator. turn the car off on signals if there is time for it to turn green. learn hypermiling. google the term on net please. with AC, in local, it shall not give u less than 14 at any cost
    Bhai hybrid lay lay, u need tons of patience to do it man heheheh my xli sticks to 11 km/l wih 100% ac use within city I keep it at medium to hi rpms and if my family is sitting in my ac and engine keeps running

Itnee bachat kar k ziada say ziada 2000 bachain *** maheenay k

Anyways u r doing it good show keep it up

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

With these tactics a Prius gives 23-24 know and without the fuss normal driving with AC it still gives 17-18

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wow! You need to change your whole mindset!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rickvanholden View Post
    Wow! You need to change your whole mindset!
    bro i m happy with mine i never knew hypermiling was a sin my car, my fuel, my way of driving. its fun to drive tension free at mid ranges of speed and save like500-700 rupees from here to Lahore which i can spend on my family, rather than punishing the car, being in danger, driving in tension and in the end spending more fuel furthermore, where did i say that i NEVER drive quick or with heavy pedal. Example, last to last weekend i went to Kalar Kahar, touched 170 with family on board (wife plus 3 kids). was in a mood. last night kept the car turned on with AC infront of a bakery for 20 minutes as i had ordered the pizza.

the bottom line is, when i m not in a hurry, and dont have to reach somewhere in time and out there for leisure trip, why not to drive slow, enjoy the surrounding and save money as well

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro i m happy with mine i never knew hypermiling was a sin my car, my fuel, my way of driving. its fun to drive tension free at mid ranges of speed and save like500-700 rupees from here to Lahore which i can spend on my family, rather than punishing the car, being in danger, driving in tension and in the end spending more fuel furthermore, where did i say that i NEVER drive quick or with heavy pedal. Example, last to last weekend i went to Kalar Kahar, touched 170 with family on board (wife plus 3 kids). was in a mood. last night kept the car turned on with AC infront of a bakery for 20 minutes as i had ordered the pizza.

the bottom line is, when i m not in a hurry, and dont have to reach somewhere in time and out there for leisure trip, why not to drive slow, enjoy the surrounding and save money as well
    DOnt fret bro..Hypermiling itself is an art..I respect seasoned and cautious drivers and for that driving slow and steady is a must
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother u will not get more than 11km/l with AC in city if you change gear at 2000 RPM it will improve to 14 km/l but the car will knock or else you have to fill high octane.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It depends on what city you live in. In Islamabad with AC my City 2011 gives me 15-16 km/L with 'insanon ki tarha gari chalana'.
    Respect others opinions and they'll respect yours.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hyper-miling is an art in itself

A questions, Is it dangerous/not wise to keep car in neutral at 60-70kmp/h if a red light approaches, basically hyper-miling
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Trying what you suggested these days. Lets see at the end of the month. Fingers crossed :p.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Hyper-miling is an art in itself

A questions, Is it dangerous/not wise to keep car in neutral at 60-70kmp/h if a red light approaches, basically hyper-miling
    Yes it is dangerous if u r approaching the red light at a very fast speed, OR, the red light is at a slope, OR, there are too many cars around u. if not, then its absolutely safe as u dont need the braking power of gearbox to downshift and bring the car under control

Quote Originally Posted by rickvanholden View Post
    Trying what you suggested these days. Lets see at the end of the month. Fingers crossed :p.
    bro it works. if u r in islamabad/rawalpindi, we can meet up. the funny thing is, its also not totally about keeping the RPMs at their lowest in every gear. for example, if u engage 5th gear at a speed of 30 and try tu push the car, ur car would hardly be giving u like 7-8 km/liter its like finding the optimum RPM for every gear to mint the max out of ur fuel. as i said, if we happen to meet up, we can exchange notes

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question about hyper miling on a city!!

When you do it, the meter shows the fuel consumption as max, that is 40km/L, which is as far as the meter goes. Is that true? Because if it's not wouldn't that screw up the mileage meter reading?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
    Question about hyper miling on a city!!

When you do it, the meter shows the fuel consumption as max, that is 40km/L, which is as far as the meter goes. Is that true? Because if it's not wouldn't that screw up the mileage meter reading?
    you mean to ask that the car for that particular moment doing more than 40 km/liter, would that harm the meter ? if yes, then the answer is no. it wont. its a digital meter. it would simply not show more. its not an analog representation that if more than 40, something will happen or the meter shall again start from Zero

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you mean to ask that the car for that particular moment doing more than 40 km/liter, would that harm the meter ? if yes, then the answer is no. it wont. its a digital meter. it would simply not show more. its not an analog representation that if more than 40, something will happen or the meter shall again start from Zero
    LOL no I meant when it's showing 40km/L is it actually 40km/L? Because if it's not then hyper-miling will just result in the meter showing incorrect mileage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List