2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Useless mudguard on Honda City 2011

The tyres are: 195/60/R15 Yokohama ES100.
    As you can see the mudguard doesn't really do anything to stop the 'mud'. Even the slightest of water on the road and this happens. It can't be because the tyres are big. I've seen plenty of City's with even bigger tyres. My cousin has the same car with the exact same tyre size but he has a Euro Star tyre and this doesn't happen on his car!

Useless mudguard on Honda City 2011 -1230749
    Respect others opinions and they'll respect yours.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by spectra View Post
    Definitely wrong offset
    Why there is splash issue even if stock rims are not changed and only wider tires are installed?
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adding 10 mm to width means 5 mm coming out of fender causing splash.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using PW Forums mobile app
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adding 10 mm to width means 5 mm coming out of fender causing splash.

This is what I said above and rejected by "expert" of Honda city
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    i humbly disagree. the width generaly matters towards inside of the car. what pushes the tyres OUT is the wrong offset. changing the tyre from 175 to 195 wont push it out, but the width inside would increase. only the wrong offset rims would push the tyres out
    Sir jee check @spectra's reply. Ainwee sanu preshan keeta

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no offense but the whole car is useless, you are talking about a mudguard

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even if you put 205 on this car, the tyres won't come out as much as you think. It barely makes any difference sir. I have a corolla at home with 205s on it and it's absolutely fine as far as splashes are concerned

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile First of all, no need for the smart comments. I never said I am an expert on anything, but yes, I definitely know more about tyres and wheels than you at least, else I wouldn't be guessing about this problem as you are doing. Yes I have a city and yes as its from my hard earned money and yes I know about tyres and wheels more than you and take much more interest, I know what I am talking about. I repeat again, width makes a very very minimal difference. If it did, tyres with width 205 and 215 would touch the fender edges on every bump. They DON'T. Wrong offset is what causes the complete "wheel" to come out. In other words, even if you have 155 tyres on your car but your rim is of wrong offset, your tyre wall would brush against the fender edges and one would have this splash problem. If you just take two minutes out and Google the word "wheel offset" instead of taunting me, your reply would have more metal into it
    PS : with all due respect to @spectra, everyone doesn't know everything about everything, so his words are not that concrete that you are willing to make a mockery out of me, whereas in actual it's your lack of knowledge in this direction that is to be looked into

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And these pissing contests are the exact reason I avoid posting anymore

Useless mudguard on Honda City 2011 - rick ross outtake 1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile First of all, no need for the smart comments. I never said I am an expert on anything, but yes, I definitely know more about tyres and wheels than you at least, else I wouldn't be guessing about this problem as you are doing. Yes I have a city and yes as its from my hard earned money and yes I know about tyres and wheels more than you and take much more interest, I know what I am talking about. I repeat again, width makes a very very minimal difference. If it did, tyres with width 205 and 215 would touch the fender edges on every bump. They DON'T. Wrong offset is what causes the complete "wheel" to come out. In other words, even if you have 155 tyres on your car but your rim is of wrong offset, your tyre wall would brush against the fender edges and one would have this splash problem. If you just take two minutes out and Google the word "wheel offset" instead of taunting me, your reply would have more metal into it
    PS : with all due respect to @spectra, everyone doesn't know everything about everything, so his words are not that concrete that you are willing to make a mockery out of me, whereas in actual it's your lack of knowledge in this direction that is to be looked into
    I agree.
    I have same car with 205/60/r15 profile and tire never ever touches fender. I repeat NEVER even with full load(5 passengers with trunk fully loaded).
    @poster. Wrong offset is causing this issue. I have city and never experienced this kinda splashes on my car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile First of all, no need for the smart comments. I never said I am an expert on anything, but yes, I definitely know more about tyres and wheels than you at least, else I wouldn't be guessing about this problem as you are doing. Yes I have a city and yes as its from my hard earned money and yes I know about tyres and wheels more than you and take much more interest, I know what I am talking about. I repeat again, width makes a very very minimal difference. If it did, tyres with width 205 and 215 would touch the fender edges on every bump. They DON'T. Wrong offset is what causes the complete "wheel" to come out. In other words, even if you have 155 tyres on your car but your rim is of wrong offset, your tyre wall would brush against the fender edges and one would have this splash problem. If you just take two minutes out and Google the word "wheel offset" instead of taunting me, your reply would have more metal into itPS : with all due respect to @spectra, everyone doesn't know everything about everything, so his words are not that concrete that you are willing to make a mockery out of me, whereas in actual it's your lack of knowledge in this direction that is to be looked into
    I hope many readers will benefit from your knowledge. All I wanted to say that the stock rim is on correct offset na? Now when you replace stock tires with wider tires they are going to definitely come out. And I am not saying that the wider tires will hit the fender or wheel wells from inside on turn as we were discussing splash issue. You are correct about the wrong offset factor.PS: Just noticed you posted the reply about one hour before Iftar. I did not make any mockery of you nor it was my intention it was just a candid conversation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Calm down please. I dont know where mockery or hard earned money came in here. Wheel touching fender is different from splash issue.
    No need to google anything when it is common sense. Change to wider tyres on stock rims and go to alignment shop. Ask him to measure from outer edge of one tyre to another. It will be wider or not? And when it is wider it can cause splashing issues. Half of the increase goes inside and half of it comes outside on same offset rims. If u change rims to positive offset and go for wider tyres as well then increase can go inside only.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    And these pissing contests are the exact reason I avoid posting anymore

Useless mudguard on Honda City 2011 - rick ross outtake 1
    40k+ posts, im really impressed. You are indeed one of the most senior members I guess.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    I hope many readers will benefit from your knowledge. All I wanted to say that the stock rim is on correct offset na? Now when you replace stock tires with wider tires they are going to definitely come out. And I am not saying that the wider tires will hit the fender or wheel wells from inside on turn as we were discussing splash issue. You are correct about the wrong offset factor.PS: Just noticed you posted the reply about one hour before Iftar. I did not make any mockery of you nor it was my intention it was just a candid conversation.
    i apologize if i sounded rude. i just wanted to emphasize on the point of wrong offset, nothing else. just a quick last example. u must have seen those FX and Mehran guys with the wheels WAAAYYY outwards and the car looking like a spider. do u think they put wider tyres which makes their cars look like that ? they are on the exact same tyres/rims, and they just put the rims inside out, which destroys the offset and the complete wheel comes outwards. even with a tyre width of 145, if the offset is wrong, such stuff can happen.

Change to wider tyres on stock rims and go to alignment shop. Ask him to measure from outer edge of one tyre to another. It will be wider or not? And when it is wider it can cause splashing issues.
    oh meray bhai when did I say that the wider tyres wont make any difference. i m just saying that even with 205 tyres, the difference is hardly anything which can cause these splashes and all (from 185 to 205, difference on each side would be 10 mm, which is like nothing). i m crying here again and again because i m a victim of such a mistake myself. i had upgraded from 155 to 185 in my platz and the tyres barely came out. if they did a lot, i mean if the difference was substantial, logically with full load on the car, it should have touched the fenders, right ? but they didnt. it proves that the width doesnt matter THAT much that it pushes the tyre outwards. then one day i changed the rims to a wrong offset, and within one minute of the drive i realized my mistake. here is the link to the thread i made

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...e-bye-bye-rims

same tyres (185...which are huge for a platz, right ? btw 185/70/13 came as stock on 86 accord if i m not wrong..i had the same size).....but wrong offset, pushed the tyres out, and there u go. changed the rims back same day

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

10mm is a lot of difference to cause unnecessary water splash. Mehran and FX do put rims inside out and also alloy rims with wrong offset but they are happy as they think it looks cool. About Platz, it has deep wheel wells so 185 in place of 155 was working without touching but I can bet consumption and suspension stress must have increased. Also there can be favorable offset as well to avoid such problems of touching inner walls or water splashes. Maybe the rims you got compensated for the increased width by favorable offset

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i apologize if i sounded rude. i just wanted to emphasize on the point of wrong offset, nothing else. just a quick last example. u must have seen those FX and Mehran guys with the wheels WAAAYYY outwards and the car looking like a spider. do u think they put wider tyres which makes their cars look like that ? they are on the exact same tyres/rims, and they just put the rims inside out, which destroys the offset and the complete wheel comes outwards. even with a tyre width of 145, if the offset is wrong, such stuff can happen.
    Thanks dear no need to apologize, I really appreciate your response.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Waleed.... This is a bit off topic but i want your advice.

In one of the tyre related posts you said that you would be going for 195/60/R15 in your City instead of 185/65/R15 which you have already being using. Mine stock Eurostar in City 2012 have done around 35K and i m planning to buy Yokohama Advan DB 195/60 or 185/65. Pl. advise which one i should go for

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PMing u the reply brother

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes i am totally agreed with you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont use unnecessary wide tyres on your cars unless you guys are gluttons for punishment - the entire steering setup also considers the tire width, patch etc. fooling around with this will cause problems. If you ever have aligned cars yourself you will know what Im talking about.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List