0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2010 and 2013 issue

My lock on the drivers side of my City 2010 is not working. When I put my key in and try to open the door it does not open.
    So I then used my spare key. And am currently using it noww.

I called a keyman and he said the ridges of my key is worn off and he fixed the lock as much as he could.

It worked a few days and went bad again. He again fixed it and so far so good.; But anytime it could go bad again and my spare key obviously not working.

I called Honda Official dealership and they said all the locks have to be changed ...Costing upwards of 12000. Well obviously do not want to do that. Is there any way they can just change the drivers side lock and or make me a spare key? Is that possible?

With a spare key I then would not have to change an y lock and could have two keys again.

Also I bought another city 2013 2 months ago and same issue occurring in the back passenger side door. The key will not work in the lock. Is the repair of that covered in warranty?

Any gurus who could help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just simply go to any of the local denter and he will just fix this all in a few hundred rupees....same happened to my brother city and the lock is jammed and the denter only took 1000 and serviced all the four doors and one suggestion go for some remote system instead of the key usage
    signature space for sale

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother the denter servicing the doors IS that a permanent solution or just temporary. From watching the chabiwala work on my door I got the sense that the inside part of the lock has gone bad....dont know the exact name of the part....and hence the dealer should change the lock....also he said the ridges of the key is worn out.....

my questions were is that is the case will the showroom make me a new key and/or just replace one of the locks that is bad?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the inside part is called door latch! new cultus also has this issue! aur new civic ki trunk band nahi hoti

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am sure that the honda dealer was qouting the price of only the machinery thing with out keys and labour charges.

Btw u can easily get the new keys by any good chabi wala. If you are from khi then i can share a list of chabbi waley experts. :-P. and the intelligency will be getting an remote control central locking. I cant get it why are you using the key to open doors..?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    Yahoo i got the app at last...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buy one new door lock from market
    go to key maker and ask him to match the lock to original key

and get keyless entry for your car
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go straight to the dealership. Locks can be claimed under warranty. Common problem in Civic and city.
    You will have to speak bit harsh. I had done same and all locks of my car were replaced under warranty.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cooldevil View Post
    the inside part is called door latch! new cultus also has this issue! aur new civic ki trunk band nahi hoti
    bro it is actually the levers inside the lock that go bad and need to be replaced

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Marwanpasha View Post
    I am sure that the honda dealer was qouting the price of only the machinery thing with out keys and labour charges.

Btw u can easily get the new keys by any good chabi wala. If you are from khi then i can share a list of chabbi waley experts. :-P. and the intelligency will be getting an remote control central locking. I cant get it why are you using the key to open doors..?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    Yahoo i got the app at last...!
    brother dont want to mess with the electrical s in the sense that if the keyless goes bad what then ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so an update...Got one of my cars serviced today the lock problem one....The guy just made me a new key said all four locks if they are changed along with the trunk would cost 22k .....

but he did not give me any guarantee that the new key would work all the time in the front lock......

but heres the funny thing and to repeat this is the honda showroom in karachi....he serviced the car tuned it and did wheel alignment with out asking me yet charged me for it....that is not the main issue...the main issue is the alignment was perfect when it went in....

now after driving it if the steering wheel is dead center it veers off to the right
    and if the steering wheel is sligghtly to the left then the car goes straight....what do you think the issue is ?
    did they spoil the toes, camper or something else whilst doing the alignment or just not proper alignment?

now tomorrow again in the morning i have to drive their and rip that guys head off for this horrible service.......it is ridiculous and I have to get one of my other hondas serviced not from this dealership obviously./

but do you think he permanently damaged the car or is it something else?

oh and my car has only done 15k miles in like 3 years and the other car 2800k miles.........driving mainly city streets

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DomT View Post
    so an update...Got one of my cars serviced today the lock problem one....The guy just made me a new key said all four locks if they are changed along with the trunk would cost 22k .....

but he did not give me any guarantee that the new key would work all the time in the front lock......

but heres the funny thing and to repeat this is the honda showroom in karachi....he serviced the car tuned it and did wheel alignment with out asking me yet charged me for it....that is not the main issue...the main issue is the alignment was perfect when it went in....

now after driving it if the steering wheel is dead center it veers off to the right
    and if the steering wheel is sligghtly to the left then the car goes straight....what do you think the issue is ?
    did they spoil the toes, camper or something else whilst doing the alignment or just not proper alignment?

now tomorrow again in the morning i have to drive their and rip that guys head off for this horrible service.......it is ridiculous and I have to get one of my other hondas serviced not from this dealership obviously./

but do you think he permanently damaged the car or is it something else?

oh and my car has only done 15k miles in like 3 years and the other car 2800k miles.........driving mainly city streets
    Honda doesn't specialize in alignment. do your self a favour and take it to Zafcom tyres (gizri). Ask for Mustafa. Good luck
    Bees waal 4 life

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also have a 2012 City, but in mine the sometimes the front passenger door does not open from the inside when I lock the doors while driving and unlock then again, the front passenger door wont open from the inside, from the outside it works normally. But this does not happen always but occasionally. But its really annoying when it happens.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AkbarGr8 View Post
    Honda doesn't specialize in alignment. do your self a favour and take it to Zafcom tyres (gizri). Ask for Mustafa. Good luck
    brother have been going to Zafcom for like 12 years ....I know of them....the alignment guy facing the back side of their shop is good but dont know if he is the best

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by han94 View Post
    I also have a 2012 City, but in mine the sometimes the front passenger door does not open from the inside when I lock the doors while driving and unlock then again, the front passenger door wont open from the inside, from the outside it works normally. But this does not happen always but occasionally. But its really annoying when it happens.
    These cars do not cost 2rs.

The surprising part is the complete disregard of these companies in regard to their customers.

Sub standard cars with problems occuring from almost the 1st month.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So an update:

I went there at 830am to rip the guy a new one.....

And get my other car serviced under warranty.....

Well first my car:

When I complained about the alignment to the service advisor...he had the audacity to say we never did the alignment and there is nothing I can do about it....I fought with him for like half an hour saying the car was perfectly aligned when it came to you people and when it left it is a shadow of the same car...also the brakes are loose and out of shape....He said well the brakes maybe can be adjusted by us but you will have to PAY FOR THE ALIGNMENT if you want to get the problem rectified......I could not believe it.......I was like I JUST payed you over 9k yesterday for a damn service tuning and waxing oil filter etc....and now you want me to pay more.....

He would not even come with me for a drive to check the car but after ripping him a new one he sent his service foreman along....well after driving for like 5 minutes the foreman admitted there is a huge problem but that he would fix it.....car promised me at 1pm got it at 4pm.....and this damn gate pass ******** that these showrooms have going is another scam...basically they force you to pay before even testing the car and then allow you to go .....well I spoke to the owner of the showroom whom luckily I knew .....abit like an acquaintance got the damn alignment fee waived and drove away with a car that after testing seemed okay so far.......

so far so good...but the experience was a nightmare....I got my other 2013 city serviced lock fixed under warranty and checked it in and out to see if their finishing was good but was deeply disappointed...it seems that these big showrooms now even dont finish the car properly.....they leave marks and stains everywhere

leads me to think in the future not to even go to the showrooms for servicing and fixing ...have had too many bad experiences.......it was enjoyable to rip that guy apart but really not worth the effort...far more important things to do...

come to the conclusion that the damn workshops in gizri and tauheed commercial are better than this crap...

they really need other brands and companies to come to pakistan.
    Increased competition means better products for us consumers.

Otherwise monopoly of these so called "companies" will remain. At these prices we should be getting a fully loaded car with quality parts rather than empty tinpots.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So an update:

I went there at 830am to rip the guy a new one.....

And get my other car serviced under warranty.....

Well first my car:

When I complained about the alignment to the service advisor...he had the audacity to say we never did the alignment and there is nothing I can do about it....I fought with him for like half an hour saying the car was perfectly aligned when it came to you people and when it left it is a shadow of the same car...also the brakes are loose and out of shape....He said well the brakes maybe can be adjusted by us but you will have to PAY FOR THE ALIGNMENT if you want to get the problem rectified......I could not believe it.......I was like I JUST payed you over 9k yesterday for a damn service tuning and waxing oil filter etc....and now you want me to pay more.....

He would not even come with me for a drive to check the car but after ripping him a new one he sent his service foreman along....well after driving for like 5 minutes the foreman admitted there is a huge problem but that he would fix it.....car promised me at 1pm got it at 4pm.....and this damn gate pass ******** that these showrooms have going is another scam...basically they force you to pay before even testing the car and then allow you to go .....well I spoke to the owner of the showroom whom luckily I knew .....abit like an acquaintance got the damn alignment fee waived and drove away with a car that after testing seemed okay so far.......

so far so good...but the experience was a nightmare....I got my other 2013 city serviced lock fixed under warranty and checked it in and out to see if their finishing was good but was deeply disappointed...it seems that these big showrooms now even dont finish the car properly.....they leave marks and stains everywhere

leads me to think in the future not to even go to the showrooms for servicing and fixing ...have had too many bad experiences.......it was enjoyable to rip that guy apart but really not worth the effort...far more important things to do...

come to the conclusion that the damn workshops in gizri and tauheed commercial are better than this crap...

they really need other brands and companies to come to pakistan.
    Increased competition means better products for us consumers.

Otherwise monopoly of these so called "companies" will remain. At these prices we should be getting a fully loaded car with quality parts rather than empty tinpots.
    this is the only reason why i dont want to go to showrooms for servicing i do it local as there you can sit and watch the mechanic do it all infront of you and afterwards you can test it with the mechanic sitting beside you.....showroom is just showsha...i have have many bad experiences from them...
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These cars do not cost 2rs.

The surprising part is the complete disregard of these companies in regard to their customers.

Sub standard cars with problems occuring from almost the 1st month.
    This problem started in my car in the first week, I took it to the showroom, the said and I quote "nayi gari hai kuch dino baad sahi hojayega". What the hell, its been almost a year and the car has done about 30000 KMs, guess what the problem is still there, and they refuse to acknowledge it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro though a bad idea but contact any surveyer, get the driver lock from him, from the door of the car replaced due to insurance claim, u can also get this by contating some lower level worker in body shop at honda 3S dealership........ get tht lock and get it replaced, the cost shouldnot be more than 2k.......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just a query. guys on Honda City Fanclub know me and my interaction with Pindi Honda guys as how i bashed their bums over and over again and now i m a nightmare for them. the question is, i also wont like to go to them and pay heavily for what they ask, but the thing is about that computerized **** with which they tune the car and all. i mean at 20k and 40k inspection, they open ur throttle body and service it and then u have to get it calibrated from that software. so what if i stop going to them and get the throttle body cleaned from outside from some good mechanic, how will i program the ECU again ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

apply WD-40 , i had the same issue too ,, went all good after that