0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2010 and 2013 issue

My lock on the drivers side of my City 2010 is not working. When I put my key in and try to open the door it does not open.
    So I then used my spare key. And am currently using it noww.

I called a keyman and he said the ridges of my key is worn off and he fixed the lock as much as he could.

It worked a few days and went bad again. He again fixed it and so far so good.; But anytime it could go bad again and my spare key obviously not working.

I called Honda Official dealership and they said all the locks have to be changed ...Costing upwards of 12000. Well obviously do not want to do that. Is there any way they can just change the drivers side lock and or make me a spare key? Is that possible?

With a spare key I then would not have to change an y lock and could have two keys again.

Also I bought another city 2013 2 months ago and same issue occurring in the back passenger side door. The key will not work in the lock. Is the repair of that covered in warranty?

Any gurus who could help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by malikahmadjunaid View Post
    bro though a bad idea but contact any surveyer, get the driver lock from him, from the door of the car replaced due to insurance claim, u can also get this by contating some lower level worker in body shop at honda 3S dealership........ get tht lock and get it replaced, the cost shouldnot be more than 2k.......
    Buddy I doubt any surveyor will get through to these bums. And plus the insurance time on my 2010 city is over. They said they fixed the lock on the 2013 city I bought. That is still under insurance. BUt as for the 2010 city I doubt it would be done by them in the price you mentioned. They said I would have to change all four locks and the trunk lock for over 20k. I was like what the hell. First you guys make faulty equipment then I have to pay through the nose. I mean just servicing these two cars, doing tuning and aligment which they suggested cost me 13k. These guys are rip offs and useless.

I just had two more keys made for my 2010 car and they cost me each 1250 with mazdoors from the showroom. If I had just made them from any chabbiwalla he would have charged me for each key not more than 350.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    just a query. guys on Honda City Fanclub know me and my interaction with Pindi Honda guys as how i bashed their bums over and over again and now i m a nightmare for them. the question is, i also wont like to go to them and pay heavily for what they ask, but the thing is about that computerized **** with which they tune the car and all. i mean at 20k and 40k inspection, they open ur throttle body and service it and then u have to get it calibrated from that software. so what if i stop going to them and get the throttle body cleaned from outside from some good mechanic, how will i program the ECU again ?
    Dear brother,

That computer is also sho sha MOST of the times. You can get the throttle cleaned from anywhere. The ecu sets the values automatically.

The computer is used only when there is some electronic fault in the car.

These companies do it mainly to charge you people for it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just reviving and old thread. I posted earlier that sometimes my passenger door will not open from the inside if the car is locked and then unlocked again. Now I am having the same problem as OP. My driver side door wont unlock with the original key. The car is just full of problems. Bought it in Nov 2012, and in the first week it developed the passenger door problem. Almost a year later in Sep 2013, it's AC stopped working. In Feb 2014 its oil drain nut got slipped,and now its July 2014 and the driver side will not unlock with the original key. I have a Corolla 2009 (bought in Nov 2008) also and Alhamdullillah it has never given me any problems. I seriously dont know what to do now!

5. 26-04-2016, 11:28 PM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List