Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hash4u

Thread: Need solution for tyre problem (City 2011)

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    darthvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Need solution for tyre problem (City 2011)

    Please check this thread out.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bod...da-city-2011-a

    The current tyre size of my car is 195/60/R15 and the rim size is 6.5j. The tyre are pushing out of the fenders (the front ones) and I need to change the size so this doesn't happen any more. Note that they don't touch the fenders, but the car gets dirty even in a little patch of water.

    Should I change the tyre to 185/65 and keep the same rims? Is that suitable? Or should I get different rims (6j preferably) and keep the same tyres? Or will I have to change both?
    Respect others opinions and they'll respect yours.

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    darthvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    seriously anyone?
    Respect others opinions and they'll respect yours.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khm42747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,340
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
    Please check this thread out.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bod...da-city-2011-a

    The current tyre size of my car is 195/60/R15 and the rim size is 6.5j. The tyre are pushing out of the fenders (the front ones) and I need to change the size so this doesn't happen any more. Note that they don't touch the fenders, but the car gets dirty even in a little patch of water.

    Should I change the tyre to 185/65 and keep the same rims? Is that suitable? Or should I get different rims (6j preferably) and keep the same tyres? Or will I have to change both?
    the rims are good for this size so dont change them and yes 195 is a bit wider tyre and will come out of the fender which rim u use but it is the best size for the city.185 will go in side the fender but u cant use them on these rims.
    Don't Compromise Because So Much Is Riding On Your TYRES.So Be SAFE and Choose Wisely.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,380
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    this is because of es100 flat surface(road contact point)/groove pattern and wideness
    change to regular use 185 tyres and you would be fine

    es100 is very hard.city suspension is super hard.how r u living with it anyways
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    darthvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    this is because of es100 flat surface(road contact point)/groove pattern and wideness
    change to regular use 185 tyres and you would be fine

    es100 is very hard.city suspension is super hard.how r u living with it anyways
    Honestly I've not felt anything, but maybe because I drive the car and never been a passenger on it.
    Respect others opinions and they'll respect yours.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RedBull_ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tank
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,722
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Alpha Romeo 156

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    darthvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes thank you but how does that answer my query?
    Respect others opinions and they'll respect yours.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RedBull_ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tank
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,722
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
    Yes thank you but how does that answer my query?
    According to the link, moving from 6.5inch rims to 6inch rims only reduces tire width by 2/10" for 205/60/15 sized tires. So it answers your b/m query.

    Quote Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
    .....Or should I get different rims (6j preferably) and keep the same tyres? Or will I have to change both?
    Changing to 6j rims wont help.
    Changing to correct offset rims will. (if city's mud guards work the way they should.)
    Alpha Romeo 156

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    darthvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBull_ar View Post
    According to the link, moving from 6.5inch rims to 6inch rims only reduces tire width by 2/10" for 205/60/15 sized tires. So it answers your b/m query.



    Changing to 6j rims wont help.
    Changing to correct offset rims will. (if city's mud guards work the way they should.)
    How do I go to a tyre shop and explain him this? I can't go around measuring rim offsets for all rims he has. Is there a way around this?
    Respect others opinions and they'll respect yours.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    @OP - before you face a suspension, axle & transmission disaster switch back to OEM wheel size i.e 14", use tyres of any width ~ profile combination on those wheels. sign peace treaty with your car and enjoy better fuel economy avoiding financial disaster in terms of mechanical work.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    darthvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @OP - before you face a suspension, axle & transmission disaster switch back to OEM wheel size i.e 14", use tyres of any width ~ profile combination on those wheels. sign peace treaty with your car and enjoy better fuel economy avoiding financial disaster in terms of mechanical work.
    OEM wheel size is 15-inch. This too is a 15-inch alloy wheel.
    Respect others opinions and they'll respect yours.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •