Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default increase ride height of honda city 2010 model

Assalam o alaikum friends
    i have a honda city 2010 model and i have driven it 70,000 kms till now including driving at winding roads upto naraan and steep slopes upto Shogran. City have never disappointed me as far as its power is concerned. However it gives slight problem when it comes to ride height. it bumps into rocks (in mountaneous areas) and speed breakers most of the time.

i want to increase the ride height of my car through pneumatic or hydraulic system installed underneath the suspension so that i can increase or decrease the ride height as per requirement. i hope such mechanisms are available in pakistan.

please suggest some shop with contact number from where i can carry out this modification.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Feels like some old need for speed game but anyway I love your idea will stick with the thread for updates
    Trying to be superman !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best of luck with ur project... but i dun think so hydraulics of city is avail in pak .... some other can be fit after some alteration .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

to run such hydraulics, look up the mercedes self levelling suspensions that were used in the older W123/w124 etc station wagon rear or the W140 and all ahead S classes on all 4 wheels.

basically the system runs like a citroen DS system, an engine driven hydraulic pump supplies oil to the hydraulic lifting rams on each wheel where the shock absorber would be - this is regulated by the height control valve assembly placed on the chassis and levered by a suspension articulation piece.

The shock absorption is done via partial nitrogen parital fluid filled diapghram chambers otherwise the lifting rams will act like steel rods. The diaphragm chambers can provide a buffer and expansion chamber for this purpose. In engine off condition the entire car rests on the residual pressure locked in from the level valve and springs (in old models)

To make it work in a Honda City you will be spending close to Rs 500,000/- to incorporate this design into the car, it would require major cutting and a truckload of work to get running. Not to mention getting someone to actually tackle it and the same someone to repair it when the need arises.

A little example of this is that - some toyota crown models came with this system - ALL of those cars in Karachi atleast had those systems removed and basic springs and shocks installed because of the stupendous repair costs involved.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just increase the profile of the tyres ur problem will be solved ..... i wud suggest upgrade to 195-65-15 .... simple ....
    Put your trust in Allah and remember, He knows whats good for us ( Admin : www.facebook.com/lowfamilie )

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List