Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By aakbar

Thread: Help:Honda city I-Vtec high speed car stability!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help:Honda city I-Vtec high speed car stability!

hello guys im going to get a honda city 2010-2011, my dad owned one before and my brother told me that it's not stable on high speeds somewhere around @140 kmh,and I also heard that if a heavier car passes by your side the car shakes because of the other car's air drag. Now if this is true what would people recommend for stability, better rubber,lowering the car, maybe a strut bar? I really need the help I can get for the stability and safety,for me an other fellow drivers on the road.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother its my second city and I have never felt any thing ur sharing.

Regarding stability city 2009 and till has some issues at high speed due to the lack of width of the tyre. So if u have 195 55 r15 or 195 60 R15 or 205 55 r16 u wont have any such issue even at 175 kmph.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app
    Don't Compromise Because So Much Is Riding On Your TYRES.So Be SAFE and Choose Wisely.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is stable but not that much like Civic. and yes it shakes when a speedy heavier car passes by. If you want a stable car at high speeds. Go for civic. City is just fine and more stable than corolla at high speeds.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was thinking a tyre upgrade would do the thing but still need to confirm all the possibilites,thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mskhttk View Post
    I was thinking a tyre upgrade would do the thing but still need to confirm all the possibilites,thanks!
    I'd say go with a wider tyre and get high speed wheel balancing done which is different from the conventional one and improves stability.They basically lift the front tyres one by one and rev the engine to imitate high speeds to assess rotation.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
    #Kandana https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WqU5iuICg4&feature=youtu.be

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother all City 2003 to current models have fuel tank in middle.

Naturally they are not well balanced stable speed is 140km/hr with stock tyres but Aspire model with alloys and 60 series profile can easily go to 160km/hr.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mskhttk
    I'm still perplexed why one would want to drive a 1.3 liter family sedan such as PKDM Honda city at speed in the vicinity of 140km/hr. I've yet to see any such roads in Pakistan where the speed limits is more than 120km/Hr. I think its not only illegal but also highly unsafe for all the road users if some wanabe is having fun at 140km/hr, in any regular family sedan, even a Honda civic. doosron ka nahi to kam az kam apna aur apne chahne walon ka hi khayal kar lo. Plz drive safely within speed limits on any roads and make yourself and other users around you safe. Now.....coming back to your question, PKDM City is quite safe within 120 km/hr speed limits which is maximum legal speed limit on Pakistani roads, I guess.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aakbar well brother the thing is coming from Rawalpindi to Isb everyday I got a long stretch of road called the "EXPRESS WAY" which when empty,I like to push myself. This is not for racing or showing off but for my satisfaction and as I mentioned in my first post that I want to be a safe driver and not put others in danger so that is why I asked how to make the car stable and finally stop judging people over the internet you don't know who they are and what interests them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mskhttk View Post
    @aakbar well brother the thing is coming from Rawalpindi to Isb everyday I got a long stretch of road called the "EXPRESS WAY" which when empty,I like to push myself. This is not for racing or showing off but for my satisfaction and as I mentioned in my first post that I want to be a safe driver and not put others in danger so that is why I asked how to make the car stable and finally stop judging people over the internet you don't know who they are and what interests them.
    Dude I never judged anyone, not you at least. I just quoted your own words and told you that 140Km/Hr is illegal speed anywhere in Pakistan. I didn't know that "EXPRESS WAY" in Rwp/Islamabad has speed limits more than 120Km/hr, though I highly doubt it. I really don't know you nor I wish to know you at all, but I don't want anyone breaking the law and putting other road users; lives at risk. Even if any "EXPRESS WAY" is fully empty (which is hard to believe) its again ILLEGAL to drive over the speed limit which I think wouldn't be above 80km/hr or perhaps 100 at most. This is an open forum and therefore be prepare to accept a point of view which you may not like especially for your stupidified assertion of doing 140km/hr and still wanting to make other road users as well as yourself feel safe which is illegal and undesirable act for the other road users in particular. Please stop being assertive to such illegal practices at least in an open forum.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No matter what car you are in and some one crosses you at double the speed your are travelling at it will shake up the are.

Secondly current shape city is very much stable and calm smooth drive till 150.
    RIP

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List